TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Shelby on the way

OldSchool

Been working with about 4 dealers in Southern California, trying to get an order through. Ford sure makes it difficult.

Thought I had an order in on 2 other occasions only to be dissappointed and pissed. Got one placed in July and have been told the car will arrive around 10/3 which is only a couple of weeks away.

I ended up getting black with silver stripes including HID and the Electronics package. Justindewoody's pics cemented it for me.

Just now I finally was able to pull the window sticker. Thanks to Burning Blue Star IV for posting this. :happy feet: :happy feet:

VIN# 1ZVBP8JS0A5151747

Can't wait am too excited....

Been working with about 4 dealers in Southern California, trying to get an order through. Ford sure makes it difficult.

Thought I had an order in on 2 other occasions only to be dissappointed and pissed. Got one placed in July and have been told the car will arrive around 10/3 which is only a couple of weeks away.

I ended up getting black with silver stripes including HID and the Electronics package. Justindewoody's pics cemented it for me.

Just now I finally was able to pull the window sticker. Thanks to Burning Blue Star IV for posting this. :happy feet: :happy feet:

VIN# 1ZVBP8JS0A5151747

Now that's what I'm talking about!!!! Black w/Silver Stripes is DEFINITELY the best looking and FAAAAASTEST color! Welcome to the exclusive club! There's not many of us with that color combo, but it's definitely the best in my opinion! Hell yeah bro!!!!

Congrats to you OldSchool and Aerohead!

I of course agree with Fibredogs comments...this car will NOT disappoint you! It's totally freakin' amazing to have and own! I'm still pinching myself.

Those are both great color schemes for sure. OldSchool - I love the black and silver combo - I think the silver stripes is better than the white on the black.

And Aerohead - you know I have a place in my heart for the classic Grabber blue with White stripes! hehe.

It won't be long now! :shift:

Now that's what I'm talking about!!!! Black w/Silver Stripes is DEFINITELY the best looking and FAAAAASTEST color! Welcome to the exclusive club! There's not many of us with that color combo, but it's definitely the best in my opinion! Hell yeah bro!!!!

My younger brother has got a black 2007 WRX STI putting down 405hp at the rear wheels. He is starting to get a little nervous. :cry:

Plan on meeting him at Firebird Intl Raceway for a little 1/4 mile fun as soon as I get the motor broken in.

Again, thanks for posting the pics really helped me make the call.

My younger brother has got a black 2007 WRX STI putting down 405hp at the rear wheels. He is starting to get a little nervous. :cry:

Plan on meeting him at Firebird Intl Raceway for a little 1/4 mile fun as soon as I get the motor broken in.

Again, thanks for posting the pics really helped me make the call.

Practice your launches. I hope he has an upgraded clutch or make sure you bring your gas mask to counteract the fumes coming from his clutch at 5k rpm.

Roger

• 1 month later...

Car was finally delivered on 10/28 and I picked it up on 10/29. :happy feet: Other than the bumper paint chip issue and drivers side front seat stitching, everything was perfect. Thx ChrisSD for the checkout list it helped a lot.

Car had only 3miles on the odometer. Have only driven about 8 miles and the supercharger has yet to kick in but already I love that car.

Took many pics but at too high of resolution to allow posting on the site. Will take some more pics this weekend and post.

Also can't wait to do some driving! Feel like a kid getting up Christmas morning.

VIN# 1ZVBP8JS0A5151747

I HAVE THE SAME COLOR/ OPTIONS - RECEIVED JULY 2 - # 121592. BE READY FOR LOTS OF LOOKS !!

Congrats OldSchool! I picked mine up yesterday. Sometimes when you get too excited about something, it's a let down when you finally get it. The 2010 Shelby is no let down. It surpassed every thing I thought it would be.

Every Shelby is like that .

Congratulations Old School ..... one of the best moments ever of owning this type of car is the day you get er ! :bowdown:

Congratulations

Car was finally delivered on 10/28 and I picked it up on 10/29. :happy feet: Other than the bumper paint chip issue and drivers side front seat stitching, everything was perfect. Thx ChrisSD for the checkout list it helped a lot.

Car had only 3miles on the odometer. Have only driven about 8 miles and the supercharger has yet to kick in but already I love that car.

Took many pics but at too high of resolution to allow posting on the site. Will take some more pics this weekend and post.

Also can't wait to do some driving! Feel like a kid getting up Christmas morning.

Congrats, it sounds like we are working with the same dealer, PM sent.

Congrats on your new Black and Silver 2010 GT500!

I just bought the exact same color combo and same interior in a convertible. It's being shipped from a dealership in Wisconsin to my home later this week in Maryland! I CANNOT WAIT.................

Enjoy

MDShelbyConvertible

post-26479-1256986552_thumb.jpg

Hehe... VERTS Rule!

And there are not that many of us, well under 1000 from what I'm told.

Unfortunately wethaer in NJ has been iffy lately, but I'm still hopeful for a few top down days before she sleeps for the winter.

congrats good luck old school.

how did dealer handle seat stiching problem? i have problem with my passenger side seat.

Not done yet as my sales guy has been sick and he wants to hook me up with the right interior guy. Like most dealers they have interior people that put leather in where the factory had cloth, evidently he is there expert guy.

Taking the car in 11/12, will let you know how it goes.

Congrats on your new Black and Silver 2010 GT500!

I just bought the exact same color combo and same interior in a convertible. It's being shipped from a dealership in Wisconsin to my home later this week in Maryland! I CANNOT WAIT.................

Enjoy

MDShelbyConvertible

post-26479-1256986552_thumb.jpg

I lived in Maryland for many years. The color combo is fantastic. It really sets the car off better than I would have hoped, a real head turner. And those that do not turn their heads end up doing so when they hear the exhaust. :happy feet:

Hopefully your delivery is soon.

Only was able to pull the window sticker from Ford using the following link and putting in my Vin number. As far as delivery info had to rely on the sales guy for that.

Here is the link for getting the window sticker:

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.co...vbp8js0a5151740

Picking my kona blue with silver stripes next week, can't wait. Anyone have specific break-in instructions for this special engine?

Picking my kona blue with silver stripes next week, can't wait. Anyone have specific break-in instructions for this special engine?

I actually had a topic forum that I opened earlier on that exact topic. Got some good insight from a lot of people. Just do a search and you should be able to pull it up. If you can't find let me know.

Archived