TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My Car, Super Snake, KR at track Friday night

littlejohn

Was at the track Friday night, up here in Alberta, Canada. The track is not known for producing good times, so it is what it is. I'm just posting some results for comparison, that's all.

I'm new at the track, have now made 10 passes. The SS and KR drivers are not experienced either, at least in their cars. My mods are in my sig; I was running the Nitto's at 17 lbs. The SS was a 725 hp version; he had swapped on some 18" rims w/ET Streets,305/35's,and was trying them for the first time. The KR was bone stock. We all need the driver mod, lol. It was also very busy at the track, only getting 1 run an hour.

Me 2.04 60ft, 11.95@120.3

SS 1.94 60ft, 11.95@121.4

KR 2.13 60ft, 12.72@112.9

I was happy to see that my bolt-on GT500 was nearly even with the SS, especially since it had the better M/T DR's. I thought that I may be close in performance, it was nice to have it confirmed. The times are lousy, but at least it was on the same night with similar driver skill.

Was at the track Friday night, up here in Alberta, Canada. The track is not known for producing good times, so it is what it is. I'm just posting some results for comparison, that's all.

I'm new at the track, have now made 10 passes. The SS and KR drivers are not experienced either, at least in their cars. My mods are in my sig; I was running the Nitto's at 17 lbs. The SS was a 725 hp version; he had swapped on some 18" rims w/ET Streets,305/35's,and was trying them for the first time. The KR was bone stock. We all need the driver mod, lol. It was also very busy at the track, only getting 1 run an hour.

I was happy to see that my bolt-on GT500 was nearly even with the SS, especially since it had the better M/T DR's. I thought that I may be close in performance, it was nice to have it confirmed. The times are lousy, but at least it was on the same night with similar driver skill.

Which track?

Cheers

Brett

Castrol at Edmonton. I was disappointed with my times and mph initially, but I've now seen enough cars run that just don't get the times or mph one would expect.

There have been some decent cars there, but a lot of average/learning drivers like me. An '05 Viper bone stock was running 2.2/12.5@117; there was a C5 Z06 with H/C/I/headers and exhaust only running 12.0@117 and had a good 60ft, just don't remember what it was. Similar cars to these two have run much faster elsewhere in the country. A couple of whippled cobra's have run in the low to mid 11's, that should be 10 sec. cars.

Nevertheless, everyone is on the same playing field; I was just happy to run with the SS, especially since he had DR's.

Castrol at Edmonton. I was disappointed with my times and mph initially, but I've now seen enough cars run that just don't get the times or mph one would expect.

There have been some decent cars there, but a lot of average/learning drivers like me. An '05 Viper bone stock was running 2.2/12.5@117; there was a C5 Z06 with H/C/I/headers and exhaust only running 12.0@117 and had a good 60ft, just don't remember what it was. Similar cars to these two have run much faster elsewhere in the country. A couple of whippled cobra's have run in the low to mid 11's, that should be 10 sec. cars.

Nevertheless, everyone is on the same playing field; I was just happy to run with the SS, especially since he had DR's.

Your times are respectable for not having a lot of runs in. If you compare to guys running at sea level, with good tires, and more experience, their 60' times are a bit lower. We see much the same here in Calgary at Racecity. Late season runs are harder when the temp drop as well. I had a hard time hooking at all on stock tires last fall. I'm still breaking in my SS, so I haven't tracked it yet. At the end of the day, if you can't hook it, it doesn't really matter how much HP you have! I like the fact that you are all out having fun at the track!! Keep it up and have fun! If they close Racecity here, I will have to come up for some runs next summer.

Cheers

Brett

Was Gaetan out on Friday night? If so what did he run?

I debated about coming in but couldn't get off work early enough.

Rob

Was Gaetan out on Friday night? If so what did he run?

I debated about coming in but couldn't get off work early enough.

Rob

My very first time at Castrol was Sep. 4/09, and have gone the 11th and 18th. Not sure who Gaeten is. It was ridiculously busy; locals were saying they had never saw it so busy.

Hey Rob, do you know who's ss this is? I saw it at freedom awhile ago... Getting the slicks!! I would like to know how they work... Hook up, handling so on...

0821091427_disp800.jpg

That was the SS that was running the 18th. His best was the 1.94/11.95@121.4. He's a big guy named Fred, I think. He wasn't launching real hard, still learning as he was going.

Hey Rob, do you know who's ss this is? I saw it at freedom awhile ago... Getting the slicks!! I would like to know how they work... Hook up, handling so on...

0821091427_disp800.jpg

I don't know the owner of this one but if you talk to Karl in parts there he can help you out; he has done a ton of work with the GT500 owners on performance mods. I have heard guys are really liking the MT slicks but not sure it is worth the handling risk mixing bias and radial tires (unless you want to run bias skinnies as well) considering guys have run drag radials into the 6's now...lol.

Rob

My very first time at Castrol was Sep. 4/09, and have gone the 11th and 18th. Not sure who Gaeten is. It was ridiculously busy; locals were saying they had never saw it so busy.

That was the SS that was running the 18th. His best was the 1.94/11.95@121.4. He's a big guy named Fred, I think. He wasn't launching real hard, still learning as he was going.

Gaetan Rochette runs the grabber orange GT500 that would have been on slicks and skinnies...last time I was there he ran a 10.69. We have similar setups and have been working on a lot of the same tweaks, he runs a TVS with the 10 pound lower and a 4.10 rear; otherwise the same setup.

He is a really nice guy, say hi if you see him there, normally out every time.

Rob

Gaetan Rochette runs the grabber orange GT500 that would have been on slicks and skinnies...last time I was there he ran a 10.69. We have similar setups and have been working on a lot of the same tweaks, he runs a TVS with the 10 pound lower and a 4.10 rear; otherwise the same setup.

He is a really nice guy, say hi if you see him there, normally out every time.

Rob

OK, he was there on the 11th. I saw him run only once, and he missed twice on the 2-3 shift, and still ran a 12.7@127 lol. Another guy said that his clutch is toast, hence the bad shift.

Have you been to Castrol with your car, if so what have you run? Curious on what other guys are getting for times there. If the weather holds, I may go this friday the 25th as well for one last run before winter. I live in LLoydminster, so not quite as far away as you. There are several GT500's here, including a couple KR's.

John.

OK, he was there on the 11th. I saw him run only once, and he missed twice on the 2-3 shift, and still ran a 12.7@127 lol. Another guy said that his clutch is toast, hence the bad shift.

Have you been to Castrol with your car, if so what have you run? Curious on what other guys are getting for times there. If the weather holds, I may go this friday the 25th as well for one last run before winter. I live in LLoydminster, so not quite as far away as you. There are several GT500's here, including a couple KR's.

John.

I ran a 10.96 @ 131 and promptly was booted from the track....on the fence if I want to install a roll bar or not as I really bought/built this as a street car. I am looking at the bar setup Gaetan has, it has removeable door bars and doesn't stand out too bad in the interior. Some company in St Albert did it for him but I forget the name.

EDIT: this pass was in outstanding weather for there with a bit of a tailwind...normal weather I am assuming it would be more like 11 teens or low 20....surprised you ran high 11's

I ran a 10.96 @ 131

:happy feet: Whoa!! SA-WEET!!

on the fence if I want to install a roll bar or not as I really bought/built this as a street car. I am looking at the bar setup Gaetan has, it has removeable door bars and doesn't stand out too bad in the interior. Some company in St Albert did it for him but I forget the name.

I would have been thinking about putting a roll bar with the removable door arms in my vert... Easy access to the back seat still with the top down!!

I ran a 10.96 @ 131 and promptly was booted from the track....on the fence if I want to install a roll bar or not as I really bought/built this as a street car. I am looking at the bar setup Gaetan has, it has removeable door bars and doesn't stand out too bad in the interior. Some company in St Albert did it for him but I forget the name.

EDIT: this pass was in outstanding weather for there with a bit of a tailwind...normal weather I am assuming it would be more like 11 teens or low 20....surprised you ran high 11's

Incredible!

Evo makes one of the best looking cages if you don't want to mess up the interior to bad.

Maybe I'll be there one day!

Update:

We were both at Castrol tonight Sep. 25th, both improved slightly:

Me - 1.91 60ft/11.78@119.8

SS - 1.8? 60ft/11.72@125.2

He had better mph tonight. In talking to the owner, I found out that he had Kook's LT's on; he said that Supersnakes do not have headers, just manifold back exhaust? I thought they had headers; anyways he said it dynoed 652 rwhp at Sean Hyland Motorsport with the LT's.

I've seen that the pullied/ported Eaton has good torque, and keeps up with the KB out of the hole, but definitely does not have the top end pull of the bigger blower.

Update:

We were both at Castrol tonight Sep. 25th, both improved slightly:

Me - 1.91 60ft/11.78@119.8

SS - 1.8? 60ft/11.72@125.2

He had better mph tonight. In talking to the owner, I found out that he had Kook's LT's on; he said that Supersnakes do not have headers, just manifold back exhaust? I thought they had headers; anyways he said it dynoed 652 rwhp at Sean Hyland Motorsport with the LT's.

I've seen that the pullied/ported Eaton has good torque, and keeps up with the KB out of the hole, but definitely does not have the top end pull of the bigger blower.

Congrats on the improved times!

Are you heading there for the fastest street car shootout on Saturday? I will make the treck down there if the weather looks like it is going to be good.

The forecast calls for a high of 9 and a low of 2...going to be awefully tough to get anything to hook!

Rob

Hey Rob,

Unfortunately I'm done for the year, working this weekend. Got some quicker back to back runs in at the end of the night, did not improve on 1/4 time but getting more consistent out of the hole, getting a 1.88 60ft for my best. The Nitto's were hooking not too bad, I think in some warmer weather and more practice I can get 1.7s maybe even 1.6s out of them. Hopefully have some more mods for next year as well.

:happy feet: Whoa!! SA-WEET!!

I would have been thinking about putting a roll bar with the removable door arms in my vert... Easy access to the back seat still with the top down!!

Is that you Stacey?

Next time I talk to Gaetan I will get the name of the company in St Albert if you are interested....you may even be able to mostly cover it by modifying the light bar that is available for the verts.

Rob

Yup thats me Rob!!

Btw, I had an AWESOME day at Tecmotion!!! Will post the numbers later... Came out to about 475 at the wheels!!!

Good stuff!

Matthew is awesome, glad everything went well :)

Wish I had taken video of mine on there....with the headers, x-pipe, off road cats and off road mufflers it was a pretty wild sounding run :)

Rob

Archived