TEAM SHELBY FORUM

added my own touch to the KR trunk liner install

Installed the KR trunk liner in my Super Snake today. I already had a Roush trunk mounted tool kit and really liked it on the car, just wasn't crazy about seeing the Roush logo on the cover. When I installed the trunk liner, I came up with my own idea to modify the tool kit to (IMO) fit the look of the car better.

I veneered the cover of the tool kit with carbon fiber and then installed the SHELBY letters that were leftover from the Super Snake upgrade. If I do say so myself, it looks great!

DSC_0458.JPG

DSC_0457.JPG

DSC_0458.JPG

DSC_0457.JPG

Installed the KR trunk liner in my Super Snake today. I already had a Roush trunk mounted tool kit and really liked it on the car, just wasn't crazy about seeing the Roush logo on the cover. When I installed the trunk liner, I came up with my own idea to modify the tool kit to (IMO) fit the look of the car better.

I veneered the cover of the tool kit with carbon fiber and then installed the SHELBY letters that were leftover from the Super Snake upgrade. If I do say so myself, it looks great!

Looks great! How do "veneer the cover with carbon fiber"?

:happy feet: Jim

I bought a sheet of .025" thick carbon fiber. There were several sources on-line, I purchased mine from dragonplate.com

You can order the sheets with or without adhesive backing. I ordered mine with the adhesive.

I was able to cut the sheet with a heavy duty pair of scissors and apply it directly to the tool kit face. The Roush tool kit has a raised design and logo on it. I took the logo off and used a Dremel tool to flatten out the lid of the tool kit before I installed the carbon fiber.

I was debating on what to do with my trunk. Liner or tool kit? :headscratch: You did both and it looks great. Thanks for sharing! Great idea. I was hoping Shelby performance was going to put out a tool kit. Someone asked Amy about it a long time ago. I wonder........ Amy? :lurk:

Cheers

Brett

I bought one of those KR trunk liners but have not installed it yet. It looks great!! Thanks for the pix.

And then the rare Roush Trunk Box with the Cobra logo is also a neat item. You don't see many of these!!

Picture1392-1.jpg

Picture1393-1.jpg

R

I like it alot, very nice...enjoy... :shift:

The Roush logo has always bugged me on mine. Great solution.

The veneer idea is so cool I may have to steal it ;)

Could you add a picture of the Roush logo'ed trunk box. I have heard of them, but I have only owned the early versions when the Cobra logo'ed boxes were offered in addition to the Roush logo. The coin inside of the Cobra logo'ed box has the Roush identifier as well as a Cobra.............

Picture1394.jpg

R

Could you add a picture of the Roush logo'ed trunk box. I have heard of them, but I have only owned the early versions when the Cobra logo'ed boxes were offered in addition to the Roush logo. The coin inside of the Cobra logo'ed box has the Roush identifier as well as a Cobra.............

R

Roush logo box:

661559468_eWMwU-O.jpg

Archived