TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dynoed the Shelby

I had a SCT tune done on the car and WOW!!! It took some time to set everything up properly but the numbers speak for themselves. Now the printout isnt great but you can see the numbers. The printer was on its way to the trash.

07SHELBYGTDYNO.jpg

07SHELBYGTDYNO2.jpg

We did some get aquinted data logging pulls to see what needed to be adjusted. We locked the car in fourth gear. At one point the car made 383HP and we knew we needed to pull the tune back. The final pull was #20 which is what we felt comfortable leaving it at. The driveability is great. The way the car pulls is night and day from the FRPP tune. A/F was in the mid 11's and timing was set low. The car feels so much better than it did. Driveability is awesome. I recommend anyone who is thinking of a custom tune on the 400HP kit should do it. You will be happy. The guy that tuned my car has tuned all my cars in the past with great success. We ran a couple of wideband 02's on the car, aircharge temps monitors, and data logged everything. We then ran the car on the street to data log the driveability. It was time consuming but well worth it. So the end result is 358HP and 336TQ SAE. I will take it to the track soon. Stay Tuned.

Big difference between a package tune and a professional tune on a dyno, eh? Not always an easy thing to arrange, byt my advice to all is save your money for the stuff that really makes a difference.

Nice job, Steve.

Carry on, gents.

Big difference between a package tune and a professional tune on a dyno, eh? Not always an easy thing to arrange, byt my advice to all is save your money for the stuff that really makes a difference.

Nice job, Steve.

Carry on, gents.

+1

congrats!

Jim

Thanks alot guys. Ive been driving her around the last few days and the power and driveability are great. Im really amazed at how the SC sounds under part and WOT. It flat out sings.

I noticed that as well. The supercharger sounds significantly better with my custom tune as well. I have a hard time keeping out of the gas :)

I had a SCT tune done on the car and WOW!!! It took some time to set everything up properly but the numbers speak for themselves. Now the printout isnt great but you can see the numbers. The printer was on its way to the trash.

07SHELBYGTDYNO.jpg

07SHELBYGTDYNO2.jpg

We did some get aquinted data logging pulls to see what needed to be adjusted. We locked the car in fourth gear. At one point the car made 383HP and we knew we needed to pull the tune back. The final pull was #20 which is what we felt comfortable leaving it at. The driveability is great. The way the car pulls is night and day from the FRPP tune. A/F was in the mid 11's and timing was set low. The car feels so much better than it did. Driveability is awesome. I recommend anyone who is thinking of a custom tune on the 400HP kit should do it. You will be happy. The guy that tuned my car has tuned all my cars in the past with great success. We ran a couple of wideband 02's on the car, aircharge temps monitors, and data logged everything. We then ran the car on the street to data log the driveability. It was time consuming but well worth it. So the end result is 358HP and 336TQ SAE. I will take it to the track soon. Stay Tuned.

So, you have an auto right? Because those are pretty much the numbers I got right out of the box with the FRPP tune? :headscratch:

Yes it is a AUTOMATIC. If you look at the graph you can see there is much more in the car HP wise. We just didnt want to find out what the limits of the stock motor and trans were. At the 383hp point we dialed in Fords 22 Degrees of timing and added alot of fuel to match the timing and I was shocked when I saw the 383HP numbers. We then kept dialing it back until we settled on the 358HP you see as a final number. I believe it was around 14-15 degrees of timing and a A/F of around 11.6 when finished. Keep in mind this was not a go wait in the waitng room till its done tune. I was watching everything from the run to data logging trying to learn as much as possible and find out where Ford's tune had issues. Nobody I talked to really disected the tune like we did. We spent hours researching and talking to numerous NON-IC owners and found out what they thought. We then strapped it down and ran it. Start to finish (since install) we have twenty dyno runs on the car. Right now the tune is set for really good driveabilty. Its not until you go WOT do you see the tune difference. The car idles nice and is getting better fuel economy which wasnt a concern but a nice bonus. Lastly I made up the drivetrain loss being a automatic. We will see what the tune was worth in ET's very soon. Pre tune it was 12.6-13.3 car. The ET is so wide because of the FRPP tune. We verified this on the dyno pre tune. Above 6,000rpm the ECM would pull timing, close the throttle blade and lock the rear brakes to keep from going past six. Plus the hotter it got the more HP we would see. Which is the total opposite of what you should see on a SC car because of heat soak. Not my car it was the oppisite, which is why I started asking questions.

Plus if this experiment I did helps anyone in the process its a good thing.

Yes it is a AUTOMATIC. If you look at the graph you can see there is much more in the car HP wise. We just didnt want to find out what the limits of the stock motor and trans were. At the 383hp point we dialed in Fords 22 Degrees of timing and added alot of fuel to match the timing and I was shocked when I saw the 383HP numbers. We then kept dialing it back until we settled on the 358HP you see as a final number. I believe it was around 14-15 degrees of timing and a A/F of around 11.6 when finished. Keep in mind this was not a go wait in the waitng room till its done tune. I was watching everything from the run to data logging trying to learn as much as possible and find out where Ford's tune had issues. Nobody I talked to really disected the tune like we did. We spent hours researching and talking to numerous NON-IC owners and found out what they thought. We then strapped it down and ran it. Start to finish (since install) we have twenty dyno runs on the car. Right now the tune is set for really good driveabilty. Its not until you go WOT do you see the tune difference. The car idles nice and is getting better fuel economy which wasnt a concern but a nice bonus. Lastly I made up the drivetrain loss being a automatic. We will see what the tune was worth in ET's very soon. Pre tune it was 12.6-13.3 car. The ET is so wide because of the FRPP tune. We verified this on the dyno pre tune. Above 6,000rpm the ECM would pull timing, close the throttle blade and lock the rear brakes to keep from going past six. Plus the hotter it got the more HP we would see. Which is the total opposite of what you should see on a SC car because of heat soak. Not my car it was the oppisite, which is why I started asking questions.

Plus if this experiment I did helps anyone in the process its a good thing.

That is what makes this such a great site!

Those are some nice RW numbers. Congrats!!!

Archived