TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Fueling Problem

RUFDRAFT

No matter how I twist the handle - I have to keep my hand on the trigger and fuel the car slowly. And when it first clicks off - if I try to add more it overfills.

Anyone else experiencing this?

There's a TSB out on this Ruf. Some of the cars are experiencing filling problems due to an issue with the filler neck on the tank. Only way to fix it is to replace the tank.

There's a TSB out on this Ruf. Some of the cars are experiencing filling problems due to an issue with the filler neck on the tank. Only way to fix it is to replace the tank.

I havent expierenced a fueling problem persay in getting gas into it but I am concerned that everytime I fill it up with say 50 miles left .... i can only squeeze 13 gallons in the gal .. would this be the same issue ?

dond

Here's the link to all TSB's on the 06 Mustang. Some of which are carrying over to the 07 models.

Mustang TSB's

Make : FORD Model : MUSTANG Year : 2006

Manufacturer : FORD MOTOR COMPANY

Service Bulletin Num : 06313 Date of Bulletin: JAN 01, 2006

NHTSA Item Number: 10019387

Component: FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE:DELIVERY:HOSES, LINES/PIPING, AND FITTINGS

Summary Description:

FUEL FILL SLOW, OR DIFFICULT TO FILL. *TT

Wow, you have to replace the whole car? :drop:

Ok, now cut that out!!! I didn't type that, my original post is unedited above. :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

Yep. '07.

And I won't be having the tank replaced anytime soon! They're liable to fix the tank and end up leaving a bolt off or something. Plus - I don't want them plugging into my ECM at the moment..... :hysterical2:

I had the same issue on my '05 350Z. And it would only take 5 gals less than the tank size listed. Something about removing the tank also. Not mine. Someone posted a thread on the Z site about a guy who brought his in for the replacement and the tech didn't put a support under the front end up on the lift. The tech removed the gas tank and the car feel off the lift nose first. Yeow. :doh:

Yep. '07.

And I won't be having the tank replaced anytime soon! They're liable to fix the tank and end up leaving a bolt off or something. Plus - I don't want them plugging into my ECM at the moment..... :hysterical2:

I had the same issue on my '05 350Z. And it would only take 5 gals less than the tank size listed. Something about removing the tank also. Not mine. Someone posted a thread on the Z site about a guy who brought his in for the replacement and the tech didn't put a support under the front end up on the lift. The tech removed the gas tank and the car feel off the lift nose first. Yeow. :doh:

Yeah, I don't know if I would go for them messing with the tank either. I have only filled it twice though, have not had much time to drive it, so mine might be the same. It filled right up the first two times though. Guess it can't be perfect right, or they would not have anything to improve upon, right :shift:

It's amazing to me that Ford Motor Co. is still issuing a TSB for this in the third year of production. Why don't they just fix this stuff at the factory where it ought to be fixed - rather than foisting it off on the customer/dealer.

Oh wait, I know why. Because it's cheaper just to deal with it after the fact on a case by case basis.

And Ford wonders why it had to mortgage its factories to stay in business. :nonono:

It's amazing to me that Ford Motor Co. is still issuing a TSB for this in the third year of production. Why don't they just fix this stuff at the factory where it ought to be fixed - rather than foisting it off on the customer/dealer.

Oh wait, I know why. Because it's cheaper just to deal with it after the fact on a case by case basis.

And Ford wonders why it had to mortgage its factories to stay in business. :nonono:

...same problem here. I will post more after we talk to the dealer. It's really annoying!

I have 1800 miles on my 07 GT, and am stopping to refill it every 150-180 miles (4.10 gears and a lead foot!). I have had absolutely NO problems putting gas in the car. I was aware of the TSB before buying the car, so I've made it a habit to always use the slowest setting on the fuel pump when filling.

I'm not referring to the guage being accurate - or how many gallons it will hold.

I'd just like to be able to set the handle on the slowest speed and have it continue to fill the tank.

I have to fill it very slowly and rotate the handle almost horizontal to get the gas in. And if I try to squeeze in more after the handle shuts off - overfill.

Nothing major - just annoying.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mark - Welcome.

We have two other members from the VA beach area - SCGT and Mastersmech1.

They're usually on the Shelby threads here.

I'm about 2 hours south of you in Washington NC -

We're going to gather up soon - I hope you can join us.

Any pics of your car?

Ruf -

Edit: I tried another gas station. Better.

Archived