TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 GT500KR or 2010 GT500 SS

LuisA

Ok guys, don't stone me for this.......but I want to make a choice by Monday and your input is appreciated.....my choices:

1) Keep my 2009 BMW M3 .....don't flame me! :hysterical:

2) Buy a 2008 GT500 KR for $59,900 and have it uplifted at Shelby for $19,995 (KR uplift + Shifter + Cooling package (one for you Van).

or

3) Buy a 2010 GT500 (I can order it the way I want it from a reputable dealer) at MSRP ($50,770) and have it SS at Shelby for $40,685 (SS uplift + shifter + cooling package + rear brakes).

Difficult choices! :shift:

What do you think? :headscratch:

BTW, car in my signature/avatar is gone.

Ok guys, don't stone me for this.......but I want to make a choice by Monday and your input is appreciated.....my choices:

1) Keep my 2009 BMW M3 .....don't flame me! :hysterical:

2) Buy a 2008 GT500 KR for $59,900 and have it uplifted at Shelby for $19,995 (KR uplift + Shifter + Cooling package (one for you Van).

or

3) Buy a 2010 GT500 (I can order it the way I want it from a reputable dealer) at MSRP ($50,770) and have it SS at Shelby for $40,685 (SS uplift + shifter + cooling package + rear brakes).

Difficult choices! :shift:

What do you think? :headscratch:

BTW, car in my signature/avatar is gone.

The only thing that I would say is to re-check with your dealer on ordering a 2010 the way you want it. It is my understanding that production on the 2010's have ended other than the cars that are already in the pipeline and allocated to dealers.

A 4th option would be to wait a few months and order a 2011. It will have an all aluminum block and a revised (tweaked) rear end facia. You should be able to SS a 2011 500 too, but that's something that you will have to verify with SAI.

The only thing that I would say is to re-check with your dealer on ordering a 2010 the way you want it. It is my understanding that production on the 2010's have ended other than the cars that are already in the pipeline and allocated to dealers.

A 4th option would be to wait a few months and order a 2011. It will have an all aluminum block and a revised (tweaked) rear end facia. You should be able to SS a 2011 500 too, but that's something that you will have to verify with SAI.

+1 on option 4

Luis

Go for the 2009. Lower production numbers than 2008. Then send it out to SAI for some modifications and make it all your own and personalize it.

Add a cooling package, shifter, kicker sound system, 6 piston rear brakes and a 605 TVS blower. Make it one of a kind in the Shelby Registry. You could do that with a 2008 or 2009 KR.

That would be cool. A personalized KR with all of the work done at SAI and in the Shelby Registry.

Van

Thanks folks......looks like the KR wins hands down.......have till monday to decide.....hard choices, but.......

The 2 09 KR's around home are: a black one and a silver one with the blue stripes.

Luis

A Blacked out 2009 KR with the Black Anodized Tanks and a Ford Racing TVS installed at SAI with the rear 6 piston brakes matching the front would be bad ass!

Let us know what you do!

Van

Luis

KR hands down ... hope you get it ... dealers have had these cars on the floor plans for ever and are now willing to loose thousands to get rid of them.

best of luck !

I love my 08 SS. Out of your choices I have to agree with most posts on this one. Go with the KR. I love the look and who knows what the 2011 will look like. I'm not a fan of the 2010.... at least not yet. There are really good deals out there on the KRs. Good luck. No matter which car you go with you will love it! Just remember to drive it like they are made to be driven! Lots and hard!!

Cheers

Brett

Yes, difficult choices........first I decided againts the GTR, it is very nice, but it ain't no American muscle car!. Then I decided against the ZR1, awesome car but a bit too refined and on the high side of the price range........so, I am down to 08 KR or 2010 GT500 and SS.......however, I do enjoy very much the decission making process. Tomorrow I will know which way I am going. :happy feet:

Thanks to all for your input.

If handling is important to you, the KR wins. If it's just power that you care about, the 725 SS. The build quality of the KR add-ons is first rate, I saw a SS last week and I was NOT impressed with the hood or splitter, I didn't look further after noticing those. They looked like crap IMAO.

Archived