TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 GT500KR or 2010 GT500 SS

LuisA

I think KR's are fine machines but I would take my SS any day of the week and twice on sunday. :happy feet:

SS in my mind has a more aggressive look and is more powerful. overall more performance and more bang for buck.

People keep saying KR is more rare? (not that I really care but) there are 1,000KR per model year starting in '08.... there will be UP TO 1000 SS made per model year. so how does that make KR more "rare"?

......And please don't damage your KR. :cry: the price of the hood was just reduced to a bargain basement price of $9,000 dollars!!! (from $16K) :hysterical: ... the front splitter is over $6k, the HOOD PINS are over $600. shameful. there are no such things as "fender benders" in KR's. I am amazed that anyone can afford to insure a KR. :doh:

I do not mean any offense to anyone with a KR... they are beautiful machines to be sure... but I am happy with my SS and would not trade for KR if offered.

(not that i am biased!!) :D

bottom line: there is no bad choice here! enjoy your KR!

I think KR's are fine machines but I would take my SS any day of the week and twice on sunday. :happy feet:

SS in my mind has a more aggressive look and is more powerful. overall more performance and more bang for buck.

People keep saying KR is more rare? (not that I really care but) there are 1,000KR per model year starting in '08.... there will be UP TO 1000 SS made per model year. so how does that make KR more "rare"?

......And please don't damage your KR. :cry: the price of the hood was just reduced to a bargain basement price of $9,000 dollars!!! (from $16K) :hysterical: ... the front splitter is over $6k, the HOOD PINS are over $600. shameful. there are no such things as "fender benders" in KR's. I am amazed that anyone can afford to insure a KR. :doh:

I do not mean any offense to anyone with a KR... they are beautiful machines to be sure... but I am happy with my SS and would not trade for KR if offered.

(not that i am biased!!) :D

bottom line: there is no bad choice here! enjoy your KR!

Don't forget, all that power can be added to a KR as well.

As far as production, there were 1000 built in 2008 and 700 built in 2009.....none in 2010!

Per Cynthia at SAI, there will be 1700 KR's and AT LEAST twice as many SS.

As far as price, KR was $59,900....a 2010 GT500 is $50,770 and the SS package is $34,000 plus freight etc, almost $90K for a SS.

As far as the repair items......I guess I can go back to a SS hood and front spoiler if needed and if prices on KR pieces are as you stated.

But I agree with your last statement, both are nice and unique cars.

Thanks to all who shared their views......it did help make my mind up..................Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I now own 08KR0202!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 50 .3 miles as it sits in my garage.......... :happy feet:

SWEET!!!

:happy feet: :drool:

Thanks to all who shared their views......it did help make my mind up..................Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I now own 08KR0202!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 50 .3 miles as it sits in my garage.......... :happy feet:

Congrats on the KR. Enjoy it to it's fullest. PLEASE DRIVR IT!!!!! Hard and often. Shelby was a racer and built the cars to race, so find a road course or drag strip to let it be in its natural habitat.

BJ

CONGRATS!!! Enjoy...... a lot!

Cheers

Brett

LuisA, congrats on the KR what a beautiful car. Do you remember me saying last December that the KR's would be in the high $50K's by summer and everybody said I was just frign crazy? I wasn't that far off after all, but I think my posted price was $55K.

Good luck and enjoy!

Hmm choices my first one would be:

1.Super-Snake

2. KR at that price? thats a smoking deal

3. Keep your BMW personally I love BMW's

Yes, I kept the M3......but two toy cars and a motorcycle, plus my gun habit......is too much........seriously thinking of selling the M3.....don't want to drive it, because if I do, I'll want to keep it. :hysterical:

Luis

A Blacked out 2009 KR with the Black Anodized Tanks and a Ford Racing TVS installed at SAI with the rear 6 piston brakes matching the front would be bad ass!

Let us know what you do!

Van

Buy my 2010 at discount and SS it!

Archived