TEAM SHELBY FORUM

one of 25?

greaser

AH, HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA,HA!!!!!

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

What a crock!!!!

Oh, Roger... you need to school your "director of operations".

1 of 25 my ass!

From the auction description:

NOT ONLY IS THIS CAR'S PACKAGE LIMITED IN PRODUCTION, BUT THIS PARTICULAR COLOR AND OPTIONS COMBINATION MAKE IT ONE OF ONLY 25 EVER BUILT THIS WAY! I FOUND THIS OUT RECENTLY WHEN I MADE A CALL TO THE CAROL SHELBY AUTOMOTIVE INC. CENTER IN LAS VEGAS, NV. I SPOKE WITH THE DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS AND GAVE HIM ALL THE CODES AND NUMBERS OFF OF THE CAR.

Hmmm...............

And this will give you a pretty good idea of his reserve:

Reserve

And for a laugh:

I AM ALSO TOLD THAT A HURST HIGH PERFORMANCE AUTOMATIC SHIFTER WAS ADDED AS WELL.

Dang. Time to call Bud as my car got shorted on the Hurst Automatic Transmission shifter.

Steve

Just noticed that the listing has been removed....

Yes, it has been removed, but for some reason you can still see the original ad if you click on the reserve link that's in Steve's (shelbymotorsports) post.

I think it's more than possible that it's a one of 25. Look at any Marty report, they make any car seem rare. It just depends on what combos were ordered from Ford. I'm sure as time goes on there will be lots of rare combination's. Some people think the color makes the car rare, some people think its the transmission, type and color of interior, etc. Does it make the car worth more, probably not. Only what the potential buyer is willing to pay or accept as rare. I think this guy has embellished his ad a little and is hoping for an uneducated buyer who hasn't done his homework. Unfortunately there's lots of them out there.

I'm new to team Shelby (07SGT2134), but I think I found the "1 of 25" you were talking about.

Check out the below link or just do a 07 Shelby GT search on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-SHELBY...d=p4506.c0.m245

Yup that's it. The seller relisted it a few hours ago. He must have had something in it that violated the ebay rules so ebay yanked it.

The sellers used id is onlinems so if this one gets pulled we can search by sellers user id.

Steve

Ok guys I figured it out. It's one of 25 with a wad of used chewing gum stuck to the radio. Look at the pics.

Seriously. What's up with the wad of gum on the volume knob? If you look at another interior shot you can see a chrome knob stuck to this wad of gum. It looks like an extension for the volume knob.

Strange.

Steve

PS- He removed the part about his car having an SAI installed Automatic Transmission shifter.

Well let me clarify what I believe this person is saying in his ad.

Is someone trying to embellish the sale of there car.............I would say yes. Is it possible to have 1 of 25 ................highly likely. Now that we have all of the build information is it possible to dissect every vehicle built down to every option? Yes!

Isn't that what the registry should be? Isn't that what everyone wanted? Yes to both questions.

When you consider all factors of how any vehicle is built compared to the entire run of 5600 + vehicles, it is highly probable to have 1 of 25 built. As a matter of fact I have had the opportunity to run an 2007 VIN and it ended up being one of 4 built in the exact combination of options, color and transmission.

And having some of these vehicles modified at Shelby and other Mod Centers will only make the vehicle more unique.

I hope this clears any mis-information and explains just how involved this project has been and why it has taken over 10 months to get to this point. We do have the ability to determine, to the exact option, how many vehicles left the factory built with exact options, colors and transmissions for all Shelby Vehicles from 2006-2009. We have made some information available now. More detailed information will be make available at a later date.

Roger

Ok guys I figured it out. It's one of 25 with a wad of used chewing gum stuck to the radio. Look at the pics.

Seriously. What's up with the wad of gum on the volume knob? If you look at another interior shot you can see a chrome knob stuck to this wad of gum. It looks like an extension for the volume knob.

It's also only in one picture that I could see.

Check out the guys pants!

Well let me clarify what I believe this person is saying in his ad.

Is someone trying to embellish the sale of there car.............I would say yes. Is it possible to have 1 of 25 ................highly likely. Now that we have all of the build information is it possible to dissect every vehicle built down to every option? Yes!

Isn't that what the registry should be? Isn't that what everyone wanted? Yes to both questions.

When you consider all factors of how any vehicle is built compared to the entire run of 5600 + vehicles, it is highly probable to have 1 of 25 built. As a matter of fact I have had the opportunity to run an 2007 VIN and it ended up being one of 4 built in the exact combination of options, color and transmission.

And having some of these vehicles modified at Shelby and other Mod Centers will only make the vehicle more unique.

I hope this clears any mis-information and explains just how involved this project has been and why it has taken over 10 months to get to this point. We do have the ability to determine, to the exact option, how many vehicles left the factory built with exact options, colors and transmissions for all Shelby Vehicles from 2006-2009. We have made some information available now. More detailed information will be make available at a later date.

Roger

Hi Roger,

Is it possible after you registar your car in the SAI Registray to go back and update information in the comment section, I tried to go back in after realizing I left off some stuff and could not open back up my info on SGT2290.

It will be great to know more about the builds, I'd like to know what sequence of number of the 100 SGT BJs my car was built in, like was I 99 of the 100 completed at SAI. Also what happened to the prototype that had a unique CSM# of the first Barrett Jackson built?

Thanks, GG

Holly S Batman! My SGT is 1 of 1! I have yet to find another with a dash plaque with "08SGT0343"! Ebay here I come! Im in the money now!! No more working for the Man! :happy feet: :hysterical:

Exactly!!!!

Or it could be one of one sold by xyz dealer.

Or it could be one of ten worked on by xyz employee at SAI.

Or it could be one of a million with a fuse box signature.

It's cool to know how many of a certain model were built with each powertrain or paint color but when you start doing a Marti report analysis on floor mat colors its gotten out of control.

Just my opinion.

Steve

Yes Yes and Yes it does not matter UNLESS your car is ...1 of the first with a Paxton SC, 1 of the first with a Whipple SC, 1 of the first with a GT/SR package...you guys all get it. But 1 of 1, 2 of 10 what ever your car is just another SGT which does say that at least you had the balls to buy and drive a Shelby motor car but that is it. Just because you have a different interior color (i.e.:tan) or have NAV etc.... doesn't really mean sh*t!

+1

PS: Keep up the advertising Roger, good job. I say a "SAI" tatoo on a Swedish chicks *ss would be a great start for off the chart advertising! Hahahahahahah Hahahahahahahaha!!!

Archived