TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Powered by Ford Orlando Fl.

Hot Pony

Considering on using this shop to do some MODS on my Shelby GT. Anyone have any experience with using them? Looking for recommendations. Thanks...Joe

:shift: I've received mixed signals about Power By Ford but have never used them. If you're looking for someone to do quality modifications I would suggest you contact Black's Automotive in Casselbury for a recommendation. www.blacksautomotive.com Black's sells cars, mostly high performance Mustangs, Saleens, Shelby etc. There's a company they use for mods and I'm having a "senior moment" and can't remember the name of the shop, but it is exellent and specializes in late model Mustang mods. I believe this shop is in the Longwood area, so not far from Oviedo. If I can remember the name of the company I'll add it to the post later.

Hey Joe - I've been to Powered by Ford a couple of times for parts but have not had them do any work. Vic had them do some work but was not very happy with whatever it was they did. Lamotta Performance in Logwood is great, talk to Jake or Patrick.

Or you can bring it by my garage and we can bolt on a supercharger and wake that thing up!!!

The name of the Orlando area company that does excellent mods on late model Mustangs is Lamotta Performance, www.lamotaperformance.com If you do a Google search "Lamotta Performance" you can see some interesting articles on their work. Good luck with your project.

Thanks for the info. Brian gave me the same recommendation. I will certainly look them up and give them a shout. Joe

Also GREENWAY FORD in Orlando is excellent, They redid my stripes put on my GEN 4 scoop etc.

Vince is the man over there and has done double digit scoops and stripes in his shop.

John

Thanks John, I'm looking more towards performance improvements.

Hey Joe - I've been to Powered by Ford a couple of times for parts but have not had them do any work. Vic had them do some work but was not very happy with whatever it was they did. Lamotta Performance in Logwood is great, talk to Jake or Patrick.

Or you can bring it by my garage and we can bolt on a supercharger and wake that thing up!!!

Thanks Brian, I just sent you a PM.

Joe

La Motta performance in Orlando is good too !

jake knows his stuff on GT500's !

LA Motta Performance

local.yahoo.com

(407) 695-4549

715 S Us-17-92

Longwood, FL

La Motta performance in Orlando is good too !

jake knows his stuff o GT500's !

LA Motta Performance

local.yahoo.com

(407) 695-4549

715 S Us-17-92

Longwood, FL

Thanks...Joe

That's 3 for Lamotta...and still counting.

Considering on using this shop to do some MODS on my Shelby GT. Anyone have any experience with using them? Looking for recommendations. Thanks...Joe

HI JOE,

Hope all is well. I was on the phone with Pat at Lamotta asking some questions. These guys have done alot of work on some of my friends cars. Pat was very patient and answered all my questions. Thats where I will be going. I want to do some upgrades to our 2005 GT. :happy feet:

Good Luck!

Glenn

HI JOE,

Hope all is well. I was on the phone with Pat at Lamotta asking some questions. These guys have done alot of work on some of my friends cars. Pat was very patient and answered all my questions. Thats where I will be going. I want to do some upgrades to our 2005 GT. :happy feet:

Good Luck!

Glenn

Hi Glenn,

Thanks for the info. I'm hearing a lot of good things about Lamotta. I understand one of their chief Technicians (Jay) left Lamotta and opened his own place in Longwood called Real Street Performance. Heard of them?

Good luck with your upgrades. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Joe

Hi Glenn,

Thanks for the info. I'm hearing a lot of good things about Lamotta. I understand one of their chief Technicians (Jay) left Lamotta and opened his own place in Longwood called Real Street Performance. Heard of them?

Good luck with your upgrades. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Joe

I haven't heard of Real Street. Good Luck on your mods.

We are planning to be in Eustis this Saturday night. If you have nothing to do make a run out there.

Glenn

I haven't heard of Real Street. Good Luck on your mods.

We are planning to be in Eustis this Saturday night. If you have nothing to do make a run out there.

Glenn

Thanks Glenn. I visited Real Street Performance and met with Jay the owner. He worked with Lamotta for years before he opened his own shop right across the street. I was impressed with his knowledge of our cars. He has done a number of these installations on Mustang GT's and is very familiar with the install. He also is in favor of the SC I chose. I called Pat at Lamotta and spoke with him over the phone for quite a while. I got the impression that he was capable of doing the job, but was more interested in getting it tuned after the installation. He didn't sound too anxious to do the job because it was time consuming and I would have to leave the car with him for about 3 days. I visited with Black's Automotive in Casselberry and asked him his opinion because he sells a lot of Specialty Mustang product and he said that he used to use Lamotta, but when Jay left and opened his own shop he took his business to Jay and has been very pleased ever since. I'm not talking bad of Lamotta at all, I hear a lot of good things about his tuning and work. I got the impression from talking to Jay (RSP) that he was very interested in doing the work for me and understood what I was looking for. His prices are pretty reasonable as well.

With all that said, I ordered the SC through Jay and it should be in next week sometime. When it comes in he will call me to set up an appointment to bring the car in. Wish me luck.

I don't think I can make it to Eustis this weekend, commitments already. PM me next time and I will try and make it. Never been to it and I understand that there is a pretty good showing. Is it every Saturday?

Have a nice time this weekend...Joe

:shift: I've received mixed signals about Power By Ford but have never used them. If you're looking for someone to do quality modifications I would suggest you contact Black's Automotive in Casselbury for a recommendation. www.blacksautomotive.com Black's sells cars, mostly high performance Mustangs, Saleens, Shelby etc. There's a company they use for mods and I'm having a "senior moment" and can't remember the name of the shop, but it is exellent and specializes in late model Mustang mods. I believe this shop is in the Longwood area, so not far from Oviedo. If I can remember the name of the company I'll add it to the post later.

Thanks for the info again. Spoke with Blacks and they highly recommended Real Street Performance for the work. They used to use Lamotta but changed to RSP when he opened his own shop. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Joe

Thanks Glenn. I visited Real Street Performance and met with Jay the owner. He worked with Lamotta for years before he opened his own shop right across the street. I was impressed with his knowledge of our cars. He has done a number of these installations on Mustang GT's and is very familiar with the install. He also is in favor of the SC I chose. I called Pat at Lamotta and spoke with him over the phone for quite a while. I got the impression that he was capable of doing the job, but was more interested in getting it tuned after the installation. He didn't sound too anxious to do the job because it was time consuming and I would have to leave the car with him for about 3 days. I visited with Black's Automotive in Casselberry and asked him his opinion because he sells a lot of Specialty Mustang product and he said that he used to use Lamotta, but when Jay left and opened his own shop he took his business to Jay and has been very pleased ever since. I'm not talking bad of Lamotta at all, I hear a lot of good things about his tuning and work. I got the impression from talking to Jay (RSP) that he was very interested in doing the work for me and understood what I was looking for. His prices are pretty reasonable as well.

With all that said, I ordered the SC through Jay and it should be in next week sometime. When it comes in he will call me to set up an appointment to bring the car in. Wish me luck.

I don't think I can make it to Eustis this weekend, commitments already. PM me next time and I will try and make it. Never been to it and I understand that there is a pretty good showing. Is it every Saturday?

Looks like you have done your homework. I will check out RSP as well. What SC are you putting in?

Eustis is the 4 Sat. of the month. Well worth the trip on a Sat. if the weather is nice.

Good Luck!!!!

Glenn

Last Sat of every month is the car show. Good Luck on the SC!!!!

Glenn

Looks like you have done your homework. I will check out RSP as well. What SC are you putting in?

Eustis is the 4 Sat. of the month. Well worth the trip on a Sat. if the weather is nice.

Good Luck!!!!

Glenn

I'll give it my best shot to be there Saturday night. What time does it shut down?

Regarding the SC, I have decided on the Whipple 550 HO. Most every shop I talked with claim that for the money, Whipple twin screw is the way to go, especially if I plan on keeping the rest of the drive train stock. I originally wanted the Kenne Bell, but was disappointed by what I was hearing from most of the shops. The install on the Whipple is seamless without the any custom mods to make it fit. I don't plan on running the car hard, so this should serve my purpose well.

Thanks again for the info and hope to see you at one of the events soon.

Joe

Good Luck!!!!

Glenn

Made it to Eustis around 8PM. Couldn't find your car. Had a nice time. Stopped by Hooters in Casselberry today, nice car show. Had to leave before the weather turned bad. They have a nice showing of late model stuff and muscle. Need to get there earlier next time. Regards...Joe

I'll give it my best shot to be there Saturday night. What time does it shut down?

Regarding the SC, I have decided on the Whipple 550 HO. Most every shop I talked with claim that for the money, Whipple twin screw is the way to go, especially if I plan on keeping the rest of the drive train stock. I originally wanted the Kenne Bell, but was disappointed by what I was hearing from most of the shops. The install on the Whipple is seamless without the any custom mods to make it fit. I don't plan on running the car hard, so this should serve my purpose well.

Thanks again for the info and hope to see you at one of the events soon.

Joe

We were at Eustis and parked down by the lake to left in parking lot. I think I saw your car there. Anyway, it was a nice evening till the rain came and made our trip home slow and wet.

We went to see Jake Lamotta on Friday and he put a SCT tune in my "05 GT. And spoke about some other goodies to add.

Jake put a whipple on a friends GT recently and it runs and looks great. He will need 3 days and 2 guys to to get yours done. In his shop right now is a GT 500 red with over 700HP. It has a Whipple SC on it. If you get a chance get down there to talk to him and check out the cars he has in the shop. Jake does his own work and doesn't have Yahoo's doing it. Jake was at the 1st Horse Power on the Farm show.

Glenn

Made it to Eustis around 8PM. Couldn't find your car. Had a nice time. Stopped by Hooters in Casselberry today, nice car show. Had to leave before the weather turned bad. They have a nice showing of late model stuff and muscle. Need to get there earlier next time. Regards...Joe

We were going to go to the Hooters show but checked the weather and didn't go. Didn't want to get caught in the rain again. We are planning to go to the Daytona Dream cruise again this year. We had fun last and its free. Just burn some gas.

Link to it: http://www.daytonabeachdreamcruise.com/index.cfm

We were going to go to the Hooters show but checked the weather and didn't go. Didn't want to get caught in the rain again. We are planning to go to the Daytona Dream cruise again this year. We had fun last and its free. Just burn some gas.

Link to it: http://www.daytonabeachdreamcruise.com/index.cfm

Sounds like fun. I will look into it. Thanks...Joe

We were at Eustis and parked down by the lake to left in parking lot. I think I saw your car there. Anyway, it was a nice evening till the rain came and made our trip home slow and wet.

We went to see Jake Lamotta on Friday and he put a SCT tune in my "05 GT. And spoke about some other goodies to add.

Jake put a whipple on a friends GT recently and it runs and looks great. He will need 3 days and 2 guys to to get yours done. In his shop right now is a GT 500 red with over 700HP. It has a Whipple SC on it. If you get a chance get down there to talk to him and check out the cars he has in the shop. Jake does his own work and doesn't have Yahoo's doing it. Jake was at the 1st Horse Power on the Farm show.

Glenn

We were pretty lucky, made it home before the first drop fell. How does the car feel after the SCT tune? I was considering the SCT tune as well, but was recommended to go with the Ford Racing version first and see how it performs. I can always do the SCT tune later. I'm feeling like once the SC is on, that should be more than enough power for my purposes. What other goodies are you looking to do? Talk with you soon.

Joe

We were pretty lucky, made it home before the first drop fell. How does the car feel after the SCT tune? I was considering the SCT tune as well, but was recommended to go with the Ford Racing version first and see how it performs. I can always do the SCT tune later. I'm feeling like once the SC is on, that should be more than enough power for my purposes. What other goodies are you looking to do? Talk with you soon.

Joe

The SGT's will remain the way Shelby built them. The 2005 GT will be the project car. Looking at twin turbos,gears upgrade brakes and suspension changes. I like the tune in the '05. Meanwhile, not in much of a rush to do it but dream alittle.

The SGT's will remain the way Shelby built them. The 2005 GT will be the project car. Looking at twin turbos,gears upgrade brakes and suspension changes. I like the tune in the '05. Meanwhile, not in much of a rush to do it but dream alittle.

Follow those dreams.....There is a CFMC show in Winter Park on November 7th. It will be at the Wing House on Winter Woods Blvd. I hope to be there if my car is done by then. Try to put that one on your schedule if you can. I've never attended it, but it is the 5th annual Mustang & Ford show so I'm hoping it will be fun.

There is also a big American muscle car show at Seminole town center in Sanford at Hooters on 10/10/2009. Sounds like a big event. I wont be available to go because of a prior engagement. You can find the info at: http://www.midfloridamustangclub.com/shows/shows.htm

Talk at ya soon...Joe

• 3 weeks later...

Well it's done! Supercharger is installed. Have not had a chance to put it through the paces yet, but from what I experienced on the way home Saturday, I think I'm going to be one happy fella. The power difference is amazing. I guess I'm going to have to learn how to drive it all over again.

If thier help looks like that who cares? :happy feet: :hysterical:

Archived