TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Coupe vs. Convertible

gt320

Okay, I have been reading a bit on the differences but can't get anything concrete besides the convertible has 18" wheels and the Coupe has 19" wheels, weight is just under 100lbs more on the vert, and that the convertible suspension is "softer"...

Rumors on the vert range from '...it has LAST YEARs suspension' to ...it is just 'softer and not as good in the curves', etc....

Does anyone know the exact differences?

Please only post FACTs if you are sure of the differences to help me and anyone else on here decide...

Thanks in advance!!!!

Okay, I have been reading a bit on the differences but can't get anything concrete besides the convertible has 18" wheels and the Coupe has 19" wheels, weight is just under 100lbs more on the vert, and that the convertible suspension is "softer"...

Rumors on the vert range from '...it has LAST YEARs suspension' to ...it is just 'softer and not as good in the curves', etc....

Does anyone know the exact differences?

Please only post FACTs if you are sure of the differences to help me and anyone else on here decide...

Thanks in advance!!!!

Well I have a coupe vista blue I enjoy but after looking at Texas cobra 40th I would not care about any issues. Take to Texas cobra he could help or others will let you know I really reget not buying the vert. Like the saying goes top goes down price goes up!!!!

both great cars.Vert has a better weight ratio 50:50 vs 54:46. Heavier.IMHO is cooler to drive.I can compare to a 2007 vette--it handles at least twice as good in tight corners at speed than the vette,no kidding.I would think that the coupe would be better.Will hold value better since much lower production than coupe.cant drive at drag racing unless you add a full roll bar (any under 14 sec car vert,needs a roll bar).100lbs in a 1/4 mile is a tenth of a second,which is within drivers skill at launch,so would think times would be similar.Guess what Im trying to say , if you want a full blown race worthy car get the coupe--if you likie the breeze in your hair,and its not a daily driver,get the vert

Archived