TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dyno Testing the Lethal Performance 2010 GT500

jared@lethal

Well since we've already been to the track a few times we decided it was time to do some other testing. This time on the dyno. So I called up Mr. Jeremy Martorella of UPR and told him what we had in mind. He said no prob and for me to be at their facility at 8:30am this morning and we'll get it done.

My plan was to do a baseline dyno to see what type of power it made with the stock tune. Then we would test the car with a custom Lund Racing/Lethal Performance Aggressive Street tune. Lastly I wanted to see what type of gains the new Lethal Performance X-Pipe would give us.

So I show up at UPR and Jeremy straps the car down to their new Mustang Dyno. It was already 85+degs outside (typical Fl summer weather). We let it cool for a bit with some ice on the blower and a fan on the front of the car. 30 minutes later we figured we would make our first pull. The car was still warm but cool enough where we felt we would get accurate results. The first pull made had the Aggressive Street Tune on it and yielded us 471rwhp and 471rwtq.

scan0002.jpg

Then we flashed the car back to stock and did the same cooling procedure. Ran the car for the 2nd time now with the stock file and the car made 422rwhp and 440rwtq.

scan0003.jpg

Then I was off to Power By the Hour to see my friend Jake and have them put the offroad x-pipe on. So I get to Jake's shop and my friend Tak and Jesse are there ready to do the swap. Even with the stock pipes still hot they pulled it off and put the new one on in less than 40 minutes. They lowered the car down from the lift and started it up. Music to my ears as the sound I've been missing is now there. That true mustang sound that was being held back from the stock cats is alive. I drive the car back to UPR and we strap it to the dyno again. Grabbed some lunch and made another pull. This time with the Aggressive Street tune and the Lethal Performance X-Pipe. Even before the run Jeremy said he thought we'd see a solid 15rwhp and what do you know he hit it right on the money. The car made 486rwhp and 478rwtq. That's a 15rwhp gain with the only addition being the offroad x-pipe.

scan0001.jpg

Mission Accomplished!! We're very happy with the results. A solid 49rwhp gain from a tune alone and another solid 15rwhp from the addition of our offroad x-pipe. Lastly the added bonus of the way the car sounds makes the day a success.

Lethal Performance 2010 GT500 Offroad X-Pipe (No Cats) [LP-GT500ORX] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

05x_lrg.gif

We added to the K&N CAI this Off-Road X-pipe + Magnaflow 2.5" Backs w/ Magnapacks on my friends '07 car. And the gain in power with the John Lund tune was a lot.

The sound is loud and that alone is worth it, deep rumble ......

Thank you Jared and Matt at Lethal Performance

Still working on my own '07 Shelby but after I installed the Kooks headers I have not had the possibility to test it due to constant raining every day ......

Stock mufflers. I haven't paid enough attention to say whether there's drone or not. I'm just happy the car sounds like it should now. I'll post more info about how the pipe sounds as I put some more miles on it.

Jared

Sounds good, I look forward to your updates. I might be in the market for this as I was a SLP Loudmouth owner on my 05 GT.

*Hey, I posted this reply to the Lethal x-pipe in the "mods" section also*

But I wanted feedback from all angles...I am very interested in this setup.

Is there any drone with just the off-road x? This might be a GREAT/CHEAP fix to my exhaust questions for my 2010. I have been wanting stock-type sound but just louder. I was thinking about a Borla/FRPP stinger cat/axle back to increase volume (w/stock x) but I am fearing too much drone. The stock mufflers do seem to flow quite well and obviously do NOT drone. If this setup with no cats with the stock mufflers will not drone...I'm in! Give details on sound if you can...the video sounds great, but in person is different.

Scott

As far as rust goes it's going to holdup just like any other aluminized system depending on where you're located and what type of conditions you drive in. I ran a similar aluminized steel pipe on my 03 cobra for about 4 years. After pulling it off it had slight rusting in certain spots but nothing to be concerned with. That's down here in FL where the roads don't get salted for snow and ice storms though. I think if you're in the NE or other areas that gets lots of snow and ice and the roads are treated with salt and you actually drive the car in those conditions the pipe will rust a lot quicker. If you live up North and don't drive the car in those types of conditions though I see no reason why the pipe wouldn't hold up just as good as it did for me down here.

Hope that helps.

Jared

Scott,

I just took the car for a drive this morning and I personally think it sounds like a Magnapack muffler. I drove the car between 40-60mph checking to see if there was any drone and in that range there was none. I'll have to take it for a ride on the highway again and play close attention to it to see if it has any drone there. Other than that as soon as I fired it up this morning I had a big smile on my face as the car sounds awesome.

Jared

Thanks Jared!

I am sure that the sound is unbelievable! Check on cruising in most gears running @1500-2200 rpm. That is where I have found drone in the past on my vehicles. I do some hwy driving so that is kinda inportant to me.

I know that the stock muffs do pretty well to not be too loud but sound great (in stock form)...with the off road version of the x, on a scale from 1 to 10 (1 being completely stock on a 2010 and 10 being no cats, no muffs). Where does your '10 sit on that scale. Like I said before, I want louder than stock but not too loud.

Thanks again!!

Scott

Thanks Jared for the detailed write up...really appreciate your openess with results. Just curious what are your plans for a pulley? Would have loved to see yours mods plus a pulley and what was the total improvement?

Thanks a bunch for your support. We're going to be doing the pulley and some suspension stuff early next week and then take it to the track on Wed.

We'll keep you guys posted on how the car react to those mods.

Thanks, Jared

Archived