TEAM SHELBY FORUM

THE 2008 BULLITT

BC_Shelby

Thought I'd compile everything I've learned thus far about the Bullitt from a variety of sources, most of which are very reliable. Below are the exact statements that provide the latest details about the car, some from other Mustang forums, some from communiques I have received personally from different insiders (those are in actual quotations) >>

-- The 'Bullitt' IS actually at Cobo.

-- 7,400 units to be produced.

-- 325 HP.

-- "The Bullitt is Highland Green only...and it is a dead nuts '67 Highland Green!!!!"

-- "NO fake hood or side scoops on the Bullitt. They are trying to duplicate the original a little closer...which was what I think they accomplished."

-- "The 2008 is mostly a FESM (Front End Sheet Metal) update....but again..minor."

-- So far, the parts showing up in Ford's cataloguing system include:

- Bullit Grille

- Bullit Package to Have Unique Brake Calipers! Front And Rear. Will use same Pads and Rotors as Gt but Unique.

- Strut Brace Bullit Specific.

- Bullit Faux Trunk Gas Lid

- Bullit Door Sills

Finally, apparently, the two pics below are "very, very close to the actual car" >>

14825d1160609860-ford_mustang_bullitt_concept_091506.jpg

14826d1160609860-bullittl.jpg

Hope this helps! :beerchug:

Anyone with additional confirmed info please feel free to add to this thread - let's make it the official thread for concrete Bullitt updates!

Well - this should get some folks lathered up!

Looks sweet.

Spoiler delete - retro rims - (one pic shows a chrome outside mirror and door handle?) - lowered - the blacked-out grille looks good from a distance, but not sure how that going to look up close - seems to have a different hood - recessed louvers (which I might go for if available) - and a clean looking front clip.

These will sell very quickly.

Maybe my '09 driver? :hyper:

Needs a bit more h.p. though.

Great post, BC - thanks, man.

Very nice, hope it makes to production as shown, the grille and the height, they seem to make the car. :banana piano: couldn't find a highland green banana :hysterical:

That green matches the Grinch to a "T".

Is that concrete info. :ohsnap:

:backtotopic:

• 4 weeks later...

So is anyone else surprised that there were NO details of the Bullitt at the Detroit Auto Show? I was sure we would see something displayed at Detroit but we got zip.

Of course, I would personally prefer details on a Boss 302 with a hot 5.0 Cammer under the hood but I'm that's just my personal preference

Latest word is that the Bullitt will bow next November. Yeah, I know, that's pretty damned late...but that's the latest word.

A 2008MY run only for 5 or 6 months of production. Numbers are going to be low, only about 6-7K cars produced ?

Archived