TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Any Dealers Taking Orders on 08's at MSRP?

snakeplissken

I don't think CA emmissions is a limiting factor for you. I originally had a deal with a dealer in South Dakota and ordering CA emmissions didn't seem to be a problem.

I subsequently set up a deal to buy one in Oregon...but I think bordering states automatically get CA emmissions.

If you go outside of the most congested areas, you'll have a better time of it.

Are there any Ford dealers taking orders on 2008 GT500's at MSRP? Here in California there asking $20K+ over with no relief in sight. I have to order my GT500 with California Emmisions or I can't bring it into the state which makes finding a deal on one of these that much harder.

[/quot

As far as I know we dont have any deposits on any 08s as of yet.

Florida dealer

dond

I don't think CA emmissions is a limiting factor for you. I originally had a deal with a dealer in South Dakota and ordering CA emmissions didn't seem to be a problem.

I subsequently set up a deal to buy one in Oregon...but I think bordering states automatically get CA emmissions.

If you go outside of the most congested areas, you'll have a better time of it.

I think what he's saying is that if a dealer has one on the lot in Iowa, and it does not have the requisite CA emissions code, he can't buy it without a major hassle. It limits the number of existing vehicles he can purchase.

Dave

Are there any Ford dealers taking orders on 2008 GT500's at MSRP? Here in California there asking $20K+ over with no relief in sight. I have to order my GT500 with California Emmisions or I can't bring it into the state which makes finding a deal on one of these that much harder.

I feel for ya'. I got lucky on finding a fair deal early in the ballgame. Small dealer, non-SVT, non PA.

I tried ordering a second from two other dealers for kicks to see what the market response is and found the same thing, the ADM is not letting up. I thought it would surely start to let up by now. We'll see where it goes.

hsurb

I just bought a 2007 Z06 Corvette in Wisconsin 3 weeks ago and had it shipped to Kali. I paid MSRP. The dealers here still wanted $5-10K over so going out of state was no problem. The Z06's are 50 state Emmision cars so they already have California Smog. So I could buy from any dealer in the US. The GT500 has to be orderd with the CA. Smog and only CA. dealers and NJ dealers order them with it. The bordering states don't order it. So unless I find a dealer out of state who will let me order the car I am stuck buying it here for more money. The GT500 hasn't been out long enough for the ADMs' to really start coming down. It took over a year for the Ford GT and the Z06 to start to get reasonable. It should be interesting to see by the time the 08's come out if the Got-A-Havers are satisfied and the price drops.

I think what he's saying is that if a dealer has one on the lot in Iowa, and it does not have the requisite CA emissions code, he can't buy it without a major hassle. It limits the number of existing vehicles he can purchase.

Dave

Exactly!

They all come "Certified for Sale in California" so you can buy yours from anywhere and bring it home. If you have any doubts, the emissions info sticker under the hood will confirm this fact. The MSO will also state this.

I have deposits on 2 cars for '08 at MSRP. I am waiting to see which one will get me the car first. Right now I am 2nd on 1 list and 3rd on another (both are prior SVT dealers). I am bargaining with another dealer to be their first '08. He hasn't commited yet, but, has not said he won't do it either. He wants to watch the market a little longer. Good Luck. Keep trying. I think you will find one eventually.

Archived