TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Under Hood support rod

BillyRay

Friends,

I know we for the most part are real careful not to scratch any part of our cars. BUT the Dealership mechanic might be a different story. Last night I was installing a clear bra film that goes over my Tacoma head lights, this is for any future flying rocks. I had some of this thick material left over so I cut out a circle piece about 3" in Dia. and placed it over the hood rod support hole in my 2007 Shelby.

I know from my other cars it is easy to scratch the area around the hole. With this clear film protection I should have no problem in the years to come to NOT have any nasty looking support hole scratches.

This might be alittle anal but I like my cars to stand out!! This clear film can be purchased at a Checker/Autozone/ etc. Keepem Clean................Billy

PS: I will also use a 3M tape that goes on the door edge, this works nice from knocking off the paint on the edge of the door!

post-3364-1166471204_thumb.jpg

post-3364-1166471204_thumb.jpg

Friends,

I know we for the most part are real careful not to scratch any part of our cars. BUT the Dealership mechanic might be a different story. Last night I was installing a clear bra film that goes over my Tacoma head lights, this is for any future flying rocks. I had some of this thick material left over so I cut out a circle piece about 3" in Dia. and placed it over the hood rod support hole in my 2007 Shelby.

I know from my other cars it is easy to scratch the area around the hole. With this clear film protection I should have no problem in the years to come to NOT have any nasty looking support hole scratches.

This might be alittle anal but I like my cars to stand out!! This clear film can be purchased at a Checker/Autozone/ etc. Keepem Clean................Billy

PS: I will also use a 3M tape that goes on the door edge, this works nice from knocking off the paint on the edge of the door!

Great idea for the hood prop hole, mine came scratched from the factory. :shift:

Friends,

This weekend I,ll try to take a pic. For starters you could probably use 4 layers of 3M clear packaging tape.

Archived