TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone want a KR for $59,000

ken07gt500

I think this is a moment in time that we will all look back to and say "Why, didn't I get the KR when they were obtainable" I can't see these cars ever going below $50,000 for a used one and for $59,000 for a new one is an unbelievable deal.

I think this is a moment in time that we will all look back to and say "Why, didn't I get the KR when they were obtainable" I can't see these cars ever going below $50,000 for a used one and for $59,000 for a new one is an unbelievable deal.

I'm thinking the same. Compared to what the KR's used to go for $59k sure is tempting but the Taurus SHO is higher up on the list for me.

My feeling is that if a dealer is willing to put a KR on eBay for $59k they will take a little less in person. I agree that there is a good chance we will look back and say I could have purchased a brand new KR for $58k from a dealership back in the fall of 2009.

Steve

I'm thinking the same. Compared to what the KR's used to go for $59k sure is tempting but the Taurus SHO is higher up on the list for me.

My feeling is that if a dealer is willing to put a KR on eBay for $59k they will take a little less in person. I agree that there is a good chance we will look back and say I could have purchased a brand new KR for $58k from a dealership back in the fall of 2009.

Steve

Yeah I know how having a family car will take presidence to our dream toy. My wife and I just bought a 2009 Flex limited AWD, Man I love that SUV it has glass roof, dvd player, 6 leather buckets, front and rear climate control and many other really cool features. We have a 3 year old daughter so this vechicle serves us perfect but man I wish I could gobble up one of the KR's but its just not going to happen for at least 3 more years.

+1

It will be one of those " damn, I should of " moments.

hmmm, the Dealer I bought my '10 from has a black/black KR that's been on their show room floor.

The KR seems to have more future investment potential. If you could buy one for $59 I wonder what it would be worth in 5-10 years.... probably about the same? Seems like you could buy it and put a couple few thousand miles on it and then sell it for what you had in it......

Most KR's went for $70 or more, right?

hmmm, the Dealer I bought my '10 from has a black/black KR that's been on their show room floor.

The KR seems to have more future investment potential. If you could buy one for $59 I wonder what it would be worth in 5-10 years.... probably about the same? Seems like you could buy it and put a couple few thousand miles on it and then sell it for what you had in it......

Most KR's went for $70 or more, right?

With the current rate of the US dollars decline even if you got $59k for it you wouldn't be breaking even.

Can anybody post the Dealer Name/Location/PHone number etc. for me please?! I CAN'T get this damn Ebay link to work!! : < Also; what color is this one??

THANKS!! won't be able to sleep tonight now! :hysterical:

Just saw a blue KR come rumbling down Central Ave today. My GT500 sure as hell doesn't sound that good.

Can anybody post the Dealer Name/Location/PHone number etc. for me please?! I CAN'T get this damn Ebay link to work!! : < Also; what color is this one??

THANKS!! won't be able to sleep tonight now! :hysterical:

Silver with blue stripes, in Spring Texas 281-719720 Planet Ford

GREAT!! THANKS! Will give 'em a call and SEE What happens!! Wish me LUCK!! (at least it's in Texas and they're Military FRIENDLY there usually!! : >)

Silver with blue stripes, in Spring Texas 281-719720 Planet Ford

I live in Houston and looked at this car about 2 weeks ago. Its sitting outside on the front of the dealership. It was pretty dirty and needed a good cleaning. We have so much humidity in Houston I'm sure sitting outside has not been great on the car. Its actually parked under the overhanged roof at the dealership. They also have a 2009 Black KR. The dealer called me back last week and offered me the silver '08 for $59K and the black '09 for $69K. I didn't understand why they wanted 10k more fore the '09 but they did. Both the cars have been heavily groped since they are not roped off the public can put their hands all over them.

SVT

THANKS GUYS!! LOTS of good info!! ESPECIALLY about it sitting OUTSIDE in the weather basically...just under a roof don't cut it for me; damn! what retards...RESPECT the car... :doh: I HAVE the correct phone # now and though I don't see it on Ebay anymore, I'll see...'Black Shelby' gave me a great tip on one too...I love this unique color combo too...let's HOPE I can pull something off! (MAY HAVE to sell my '08 BULLITT now to MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!)

i'll keep you all posted!

THANKS AGAIN ALL!!

'J1B!'

I live in Houston and looked at this car about 2 weeks ago. Its sitting outside on the front of the dealership. It was pretty dirty and needed a good cleaning. We have so much humidity in Houston I'm sure sitting outside has not been great on the car. Its actually parked under the overhanged roof at the dealership. They also have a 2009 Black KR. The dealer called me back last week and offered me the silver '08 for $59K and the black '09 for $69K. I didn't understand why they wanted 10k more fore the '09 but they did. Both the cars have been heavily groped since they are not roped off the public can put their hands all over them.

SVT

THANKS GUYS!! LOTS of good info!! ESPECIALLY about it sitting OUTSIDE in the weather basically...just under a roof don't cut it for me; damn! what retards...RESPECT the car... :doh: I HAVE the correct phone # now and though I don't see it on Ebay anymore, I'll see...'Black Shelby' gave me a great tip on one too...I love this unique color combo too...let's HOPE I can pull something off! (MAY HAVE to sell my '08 BULLITT now to MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!)

i'll keep you all posted!

THANKS AGAIN ALL!!

'J1B!'

I live right around the corner from this dealership (Planet Ford). This is where I had my order and they jerked me around and were real dumbasses about the whole thing. I cancelled my order with these yahoos and bought my car from a competitor. I got the royal treatment at Tomball Ford. But if you want to deal with these people, I know them and would be glad to help you. I have been inside this KR that you are looking at as well as the black one they have in the showroom. They are both pretty sweet and are in perfect condition. The silver KR with blue stripes is not in any way flawed. Let me know if I can help you.

Guys, any way to find out the build date with the Vin? I assume that most 08's fall in the TSB category since they had to be shipped to shelby. Why are almost all of these Silver? If any of these $59K cars were 09 Vista it would be a done deal! Good luck just1bullitt!

Archived