TEAM SHELBY FORUM

DaFreak & blown65 now have a rail car - Portland, Oregon bound

Grabber

DaFreak & blown65:

Your new 2010 GT500's are on the same train. BNSF started pulling them today. :happy feet: They both left Flatrock, MI today at 19:36 hours. :happy feet:

Both cars will arrive In Portland, Oregon at the rail head on Monday 9/21/09 at about 7:30am. The cars currently sitting in Cicero, IL in a rail car and the status is "Interchange Recieved". The train currently is not moving. They are shuffling rail cars and getting ready to roll soon. Here's where the train is sitting.

post-6269-1253064162_thumb.jpg

Dafreaks cars Deck Position on the train is C5. blown65's GT500 is in the B5 Deck position. These 2 cars are right next to each other.

DaFreak - Here is the Status / location of your car.

Trace_Results___DaFreak.htm

Vin Detail

blown65 - Here is the status / location of your car. :happy feet:

Trace_Results___Blown65.htm

It looks like your rail car might not move untill tomorrow.

Next Event Date/Time: 09/16/2009 04:00:00

The ETA will change if there are extended delays.

I plan on checking the status of these 2 cars every evening at about 5:30pm or 6pm after I get home from work and grab a shower and dinner untill they land in Portland Oregon.

This way you will be able to see exactly where your rail car is and what town it is in.

Your wait is almost over. :happy feet:

Very cool. Thanks. The dealer did say next week, so looks like it should be close anyways. :)

You will need to ask your dealer to call the trucking outfit. They know who it is and have their number. The salesman won't have it, but the fleet guy will have it. Anyways, ask the dealer to see if the trucker can deliver the car as soon as it is delivered. That usually means a day or 2 after it arrives.

If the railcar hits Portland on Monday 9/21, it will get unloaded and put in the lot at the shipping yard. The next day the trucker could pick it up and deliver it. You could get the car Tuesday 9/22.

If your dealer does not ask the trucker to do this...It could sit a few days.

Wait untill Friday to make the request, that way you will have a much firmer delivery date to the rail head.

OMG Grabber! I have almost peed myself :) I am so excited. Thank you so much for the good news.

DaFreak/Jeff

DaFreak & blown65:

Your new 2010 GT500's are on the same train. BNSF started pulling them today. :happy feet: They both left Flatrock, MI today at 19:36 hours. :happy feet:

Both cars will arrive In Portland, Oregon at the rail head on Monday 9/21/09 at about 7:30am. The cars currently sitting in Cicero, IL in a rail car and the status is "Interchange Recieved". The train currently is not moving. They are shuffling rail cars and getting ready to roll soon. Here's where the train is sitting.

Dafreaks cars Deck Position on the train is C5. blown65's GT500 is in the B5 Deck position. These 2 cars are right next to each other.

DaFreak - Here is the Status / location of your car.

Vin Detail

blown65 - Here is the status / location of your car. :happy feet:

FYI, I asked a dealer once if I could pay them to take me to the railhead and pickup the car rather than have it transported. They agreed and much to my surprise they didn't charge me anything. The dealership guy signed for the car and I drove it back to the dealer. I took it as is, no detailing and all the plastic wrap still on it. I had a blast detailing it and taking off all the assembly stickers. I even found a few build sheets.

Enjoy your new ride

Thanks Ingram/David,

I will call my dealer tomorrow asking about this. It sounds like a good option. Blown65 may have a bit (2hrs) longer drive so don't know if it will work for him.

Regards,

DaFreak

FYI, I asked a dealer once if I could pay them to take me to the railhead and pickup the car rather than have it transported. They agreed and much to my surprise they didn't charge me anything. The dealership guy signed for the car and I drove it back to the dealer. I took it as is, no detailing and all the plastic wrap still on it. I had a blast detailing it and taking off all the assembly stickers. I even found a few build sheets.

Enjoy your new ride

OMG Grabber! I have almost peed myself :) I am so excited. Thank you so much for the good news.

DaFreak/Jeff

I remember the feeling.

As soon as you get behind the wheel of your new GT500....You will forget this wait.

I still get a huge smile everytime I drive mine.

I'm not overly worried about a day or two extra. The manager said he was going to call as soon as it gets to Portland, so I think he is on top of it. :)

Yes, my dealer is in Medford, good ppl to deal with (Crater Lake Ford) Getting ready for a drag race that weekend so really, for me that week is going to be pretty busy anyways. I'm sure Ill fit in time though. :P

The little tracking birdie has checked on your cars.

Lucky for you guys the birdy crapped on the cars on the upper deck and it missed yours. :huh:

I think the birdie stuffed himself with to much Featherlax. :hysterical:

Featherlax.jpg

The Train is currently not moving. TA means "Train Arrived".

Trace_Results___Northtown__MN.htm

Here's the birds eye view.

post-6269-1253148023_thumb.jpg

Ha! Thank goodness for the upper deck :)

Thanks Grabber,

DaFreak

The little tracking birdie has checked on your cars.

Lucky for you guys the birdy crapped on the cars on the upper deck and it missed yours. :huh:

I think the birdie stuffed himself with to much Featherlax. :hysterical:

Featherlax.jpg

The Train is currently not moving. TA means "Train Arrived".

Here's the birds eye view.

I just checked on your rail car. Currently the Train's status is "TD". That means Train Departed GLASGOW ,MT.

The arrival time in Portland has not changed. :happy feet:

Here's the status:

Trace_Results___Glasgow__MT.htm

And here's the location:

post-6269-1253241618_thumb.jpg

I will be back tomorrow evening with another full report. :)

I just checked on your rail car. Currently the Train's status is "TD". That means Train Departed GLASGOW ,MT.

Here's the status:

And here's the location:

Thanks for the update. :happy feet: :happy feet:

Here's the status:

And here's the location:

GLASGOW__MT.jpg

I grew up in that town - my kids where born there - left in 1977 and not going back -

normal temp in summer +95/105F == winter can get to a easy -50/-55F - I have seen

a minus 70F - that so cold the cars doors won't stay shut and the tires feel like they are

square not round :cry: my wife's cousin is most likely the conductor on that freight train

railroad jobs pay to good to leave and I didn't have one

sorry I didn't mean to jump in on your thread. :doh:

I grew up in that town - my kids where born there - left in 1977 and not going back -

normal temp in summer +95/105F == winter can get to a easy -50/-55F - I have seen

a minus 70F - that so cold the cars doors won't stay shut and the tires feel like they are

square not round :cry: my wife's cousin is most likely the conductor on that freight train

railroad jobs pay to good to leave and I didn't have one

sorry I didn't mean to jump in on your thread. :doh:

Grabber--theres a special place in heaven for guys like you

Ok Gentleman, Your railcar is in Idaho. The arrival date in Portland, OR of 9/21 is still holding firm. :happy feet:

Here's the current status :

Trace_Results___HAUYARD__ID.htm

post-6269-1253321850_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the comments guys. Many here have helped me too, so I just like to give back once in awhile. That's what makes the world a better place. :)

Thanks, getting pretty close now. :)

The train is still "TA" (Train Arrived) and has not left it's current location. It was supposed to get moving 3 minutes ago.

I will update you in the morning. I'm hitting the rack.

Wow, getting close now! :drool::drool:

Ok Gentleman, Your railcar is in Idaho. The arrival date in Portland, OR of 9/21 is still holding firm. :happy feet:

Here's the current status :

Thanks for the comments guys. Many here have helped me too, so I just like to give back once in awhile. That's what makes the world a better place. :)

Just checked the status.

The train is still sitting in Idaho. I must of been tired when I read the next event code last night. The next event is actually today: Next Event Date/Time: 09/19/2009 11:00:01

Birdie just checked your rail car. It's still setting. Word is that the engineer got drunk last night and there is no one sober to drive the train.

The current report says he should be sober by 7pm Pacific Standard time.

Birdie just checked your rail car. It's still setting. Word is that the engineer got drunk last night and there is no one sober to drive the train.

In the aviation community there is a saying "eight hours from bottle to throttle". Don't know if this same rule applies to the rail community. :shift:

Well, I sure like that birdie but I have a problem with the drunk engineer. :)

Thanks,

DaFreak

Archived