TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Yeah Baby!!! Santa's gonna be here early this year!!!

90GT

OK, I'm just about to freak out here!!!

I stopped at my dealer today to get an update on my car. I figured I probably got a vin number by now and the car would arrive some time late Jan. My sales man says, nope you car was built on 12/4. It will be in next week!!!! :ohsnap: :happy feet: :hyper: :shift::headspin:

I ordered my car on 11/15 and it was built on 12/4. How's that for a turn around!!!!

What a Christmas this is going to be!!!!

Jim

...eh...roger, Houston...we are in the countdown...we have...six days and counting...that's a roger. :happy feet:

Keep us posted, you hear? :shift:

I'll post pics as soon as I get her. :happy feet: Mods will have to wait for spring unfortunately though. I have to pay down my credit card from all the money I spent on Christmas. :ohsnap:

Affirmative.

But - you'll have plenty of time to research!

You're gonna love the car.

This is my 5th Mustang and by far the best.

I could ride all - night - long. All night long. :shift:

Yeah, I was totally impressed when I took one for a test drive. It was like night and day compared to my 03 Cobra. A little down in the power department but the rest of the car more than makes up for it. Ford got this one right for a change!!! :happy feet:

I know what you mean! I had an '01 Gt, now the '07 GT, what a difference! Nice X-mas Present for me also, just got it about 1 1/2 weeks ago! Enjoy it, the weather is strangely near 60 degrees in Michigan, may have to put the old top down on the new 'stang tomorrow! Hope I don't have to go anywhere for work tomorrow.... :banghead:

I know what you mean! I had an '01 Gt, now the '07 GT, what a difference! Nice X-mas Present for me also, just got it about 1 1/2 weeks ago! Enjoy it, the weather is strangely near 60 degrees in Michigan, may have to put the old top down on the new 'stang tomorrow! Hope I don't have to go anywhere for work tomorrow.... :banghead:

Yeah well as soon as my car comes in it will snow, Murphy's Law!!!! :banghead:

I think today is officially next week...I'd go check! :happy feet:

:hysterical2::hysterical2:

I'm hoping it comes in on Monday. I'm off work the rest of the week until after Christmas so it will give me time to enjoy the car. One of my friends got me a Meguires's detail kit for Christmas so I'll be able to put that to good use on the new Stang.

Maybe I can get him to give it to me early so I can wax the car the day I get it. :idea:

Thanks!!! I'm so excited I could just scream!!! :yahoo:

Next week isn't going to get here fast enough!!! :drop:

Geart xmas gift for sure.

Whatever you do don`t tell `rpretzel the that your getting your car this quick. I think he will get the last 07`

:hysterical2::hysterical2:

I'm hoping it comes in on Monday. I'm off work the rest of the week until after Christmas so it will give me time to enjoy the car. One of my friends got me a Meguires's detail kit for Christmas so I'll be able to put that to good use on the new Stang.

Maybe I can get him to give it to me early so I can wax the car the day I get it. :idea:

I know what you mean, I just finished Zymol (ing) the 'stang. I have 2 coats on it, man that is good stuff. The car is clean now! I just wish the sun would come out so I could get a pic of how the paint sparkles in it. And it is freaking warm here, December in Michigan???? Nearly 60 degrees,,,,,global warming I guess. Good think I will be dead in like 50 more years, the end of the world is coming.

post-2895-1166377330_thumb.jpg

post-2895-1166377351_thumb.jpg

post-2895-1166377374_thumb.jpg

post-2895-1166377435_thumb.jpg

post-2895-1166377465_thumb.jpg

post-2895-1166377330_thumb.jpg

post-2895-1166377351_thumb.jpg

post-2895-1166377374_thumb.jpg

post-2895-1166377435_thumb.jpg

post-2895-1166377465_thumb.jpg

I know what you mean, I just finished Zymol (ing) the 'stang. I have 2 coats on it, man that is good stuff. The car is clean now! I just wish the sun would come out so I could get a pic of how the paint sparkles in it. And it is freaking warm here, December in Michigan???? Nearly 60 degrees,,,,,global warming I guess. Good think I will be dead in like 50 more years, the end of the world is coming.

Tour car looks Sweeeeet.

I like it. :hyper:

Love that blue, looks very nice. I almost went with the same color but I went with the silver instead.

Now all you need is some wheels to spice her up a bit. :happy feet:

Love that blue, looks very nice. I almost went with the same color but I went with the silver instead.

Now all you need is some wheels to spice her up a bit. :happy feet:

Yeah, I almost went with the silver. Liked that, tungsten, and the redfire. I just picked a color a little different from anything I have had. The wheels are on my list, just waiting until I get my fat bonus in like February or March. I think I want 18 X 10 Chrome bullits all the way around. Unless I go for something totally different like Rufdraft has, his wheels are a nice style as well. I cannot wait to get some chrome bling, just not looking forward to the tires costing more than the wheels :doh: . Discount tire or Tire Rack????? Both will rape me for these tires, but I like the look of the wide wheels, so I have no choice. Later.

Let me know the status of your car 90GT. Mine was released from the Foreign Assembly Plant on 12/8 and has an estimated time of arrival week of 12/18 according to VOPC voice line. Sound familiar?

Anyway, no railcar number yet on Concepts and when I talk to the analyst on the VOPC voice status line, I've been told that for a second week in a row, the car is on a quality hold. I doubt very seriously that I'll get the car before the new year now considering the factory is off for two weeks.

I hope your experience is better and you get the car this week. Have you been told that it was shipped?

Y'all got me thinking (!).

While all this ability to track a car's progress is very cool, I wonder if we were better off not being able to do so!

Just stop by the showroom every week or two and ask about it!

But - I suppose this does increase the Drama and Suspense!

Can't wait to hear about your "deliveries." :hyper:

Let me know the status of your car 90GT. Mine was released from the Foreign Assembly Plant on 12/8 and has an estimated time of arrival week of 12/18 according to VOPC voice line. Sound familiar?

Anyway, no railcar number yet on Concepts and when I talk to the analyst on the VOPC voice status line, I've been told that for a second week in a row, the car is on a quality hold. I doubt very seriously that I'll get the car before the new year now considering the factory is off for two weeks.

I hope your experience is better and you get the car this week. Have you been told that it was shipped?

My dealer told me my car was shipped, had a rail car number and was enroute to the dealership. They didn't mention any thing about a quality hold. What equipment did you get??? My car is pretty basic so maybe it's some option you got that's holding your car up. I for one did not get any of the Shaker Audio systems or the 18 inch wheels.

Y'all got me thinking (!).

While all this ability to track a car's progress is very cool, I wonder if we were better off not being able to do so!

Just stop by the showroom every week or two and ask about it!

But - I suppose this does increase the Drama and Suspense!

Can't wait to hear about your "deliveries." :hyper:

I never bothered to track my car. I just got caught up in other things and then went to the dealer one day. It was a pleasent surprise to find out that the car was on its way. :happy feet:

Oh, no car as of today. I'm not expecting it till the end of the week.

I'd do it in a heart beat but as soon as I did THE CALL would come :hysterical2: Besides my editor is back in country in a couple of days :happy feet:

Up until today, it's been beautiful top down weather here. Maybe everything works out for a reason because I would have been forced to make a quick road trip out to Big Bend if the car had been here.

If anyone has any frequent flyer miles they'd like to use - y'all come out here to the Right Coast and visit. You can drive the Rufstang! And I'll burn some steaks for us. :happy feet:

Guest accomodations are not a problem. :hysterical2:

I'm feeling a spring road trip!!! :yahoo:

Archived