TEAM SHELBY FORUM

381 ready to ship

Slabo

Well I got the call last week and flew down yesterday to check out the car before having it shipped. It was almost ready to go but it did need a couple of corrections. Mostly minor stuff except they had installed the FRPP short shifter when I had ordered the Shelby version and they had left off the rear rotor upgrade for some reason. :doh: Both Kameron and Bud jumped on this and the car was immediately put it up on a lift and the problems corrected. Meanwhile, I received the grand tour from Kameron which was very cool! :dance: Otherwise a couple of small paint corrections and it will be ready to go. Its not shipping until next week. I would highly recommend inspecting your car before it ships. Overall the customer service was excellent and they jumped on the mistakes immediately.

I ended up going with the silver wheels just to be different. :shades: The upgrade list was the 605 TVS SC, the new cooling package w/ black tanks, the extream baer brakes (front only), 3.73 gears, interior upgrade and the Shelby white ball short shifter. Here are the pics. For some reason the interior silver looked yellowish in the bright sunshine. They reassurred me it was silver.

DSC_0271.jpg

DSC_0246.jpg

DSC_0260.jpg

DSC_0261.jpg

DSC_0262.jpg

DSC_0269.jpg

Here are a couple pics while it was up on the lift getting things "corrected".

DSC_0242.jpg

DSC_0243.jpg

Also, I ran into this guy just hanging out by his car waiting for someone to take his picture. :hysterical: I was more than happy! If you haven't seen Bud's custom one off head rest covers or floor mats they are very cool!

DSC_0237.jpg

Overall a great, if not quick, trip to Vegas! I am super excited about the car and can't wait to break in the gears and put on some miles.

Thanks guys, I am real happy with the way it turned out! Can't wait until my first post about needing new rear tires. :hysterical::peelout:

Lucky man. Absolutely LOVE the razors! :yup:

Thx Sic. It took me a while to decide on the silver as most of the black cars go with the black razors.

Not very long ago I ran into you and your family at SAI dropping off your Shelby.............. and now she's finished!!!!

:yahoo:

Your GT500 was great looking at Grabbers Meet & Greet, now she's a real beauty. Congrats.

Thx Dan. Yeah that was cool! She isn't quite so plain Jane anymore. So much for that stealth parking at the back of the lot! :doh:

Very nice. The leather seats look very tight compared to some of the upgrade seat packages we've seen.

Hey ingram yes I agree. As a matter of fact I mentioned this to Gary Disney and he said it had to do with the fact that the leather does not stay folded up for very long when installed in Vegas because they install them right away. The Vegas installers also have a lot of experience doing this exact install.

Looks great Bob!!! I would have let you borrow my enclosed trailer if I saw the post in time...I've been moving, so I have not been on in a while.

Alex

Thanks Alex. No problem I didn't have the time anyway. Where are you moving?

Well I got the call last week and flew down yesterday to check out the car before having it shipped. It was almost ready to go but it did need a couple of corrections. Mostly minor stuff except they had installed the FRPP short shifter when I had ordered the Shelby version and they had left off the rear rotor upgrade for some reason. :doh: Both Kameron and Bud jumped on this and the car was immediately put it up on a lift and the problems corrected. Meanwhile, I received the grand tour from Kameron which was very cool! :dance: Otherwise a couple of small paint corrections and it will be ready to go. Its not shipping until next week. I would highly recommend inspecting your car before it ships. Overall the customer service was excellent and they jumped on the mistakes immediately.

I ended up going with the silver wheels just to be different. :shades: The upgrade list was the 605 TVS SC, the new cooling package w/ black tanks, the extream baer brakes (front only), 3.73 gears, interior upgrade and the Shelby white ball short shifter. Here are the pics. For some reason the interior silver looked yellowish in the bright sunshine. They reassurred me it was silver.

DSC_0271.jpg

DSC_0246.jpg

DSC_0260.jpg

DSC_0261.jpg

DSC_0262.jpg

DSC_0269.jpg

Congrats on the 40th, looks awesome. I just dropped mine off at Tasca this past weekend, my son was beside himself with all the Supersnakes and 40th‘s in the garage (and he’s a ricer). BTW is that CSM# maybe 281? Just trying not to confuse myself as #’s 300-399 belong to Tasca unless something has changed. Enjoy!

Congrats on the 40th, looks awesome. I just dropped mine off at Tasca this past weekend, my son was beside himself with all the Supersnakes and 40th‘s in the garage (and he’s a ricer). BTW is that CSM# maybe 281? Just trying not to confuse myself as #’s 300-399 belong to Tasca unless something has changed. Enjoy!

Thx SSSnake. Yeah its sure was fun at Vegas to see all the cars and even Carroll's cars as well. Yup the number is correct. Not sure how the numbering works but it was done in Vegas at SAI.

Thx SSSnake. Yeah its sure was fun at Vegas to see all the cars and even Carroll's cars as well. Yup the number is correct. Not sure how the numbering works but it was done in Vegas at SAI.

Slabo, wow you might have a really special car there but more than likely they have adjusted the number of 40th's being done at Tasca. Could it be due to a lack luster interest for the 40th's during our down economy?......(Just speculating). Probably not a bad thing for our cars. My CSM# is 313. Maybe someone can chime in as to the skinny on the current allocated CSM#'s?

• 5 months later...

DSC_0242.jpg

DSC_0243.jpg

Also, I ran into this guy just hanging out by his car waiting for someone to take his picture. :hysterical: I was more than happy! If you haven't seen Bud's custom one off head rest covers or floor mats they are very cool!

DSC_0237.jpg

Overall a great, if not quick, trip to Vegas! I am super excited about the car and can't wait to break in the gears and put on some miles.

DSC_0242.jpg

DSC_0243.jpg

DSC_0237.jpg

Hi Slabo those silver rims and interior are awesome.I am doing the silver rims but not the interior because I have the 2 tone red and black and they dont do the door panels. My car is being car picked up on Monday [3/22/10[ being transported to Tasca. Reading your post about the minor problems you experienced, advising owners to inspect their cars before taking delivery. I was just wondering what issues you had with the paint. My car is ebony also and I am very concerned with the finish ,being there is no paint work being done. I am assuming that the paint was scratched while the mod was being performed.

Archived