TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Change head lights to HID

mustang jack

Hi all,

I am looking to buy a 2010 Grabber Blue with Red Stripes. I have located 2 of them in Texas, but neither of them have the HID headlamp option that cost $525. Does anyone know if you can order the headlamps from the factory at that cost and install them using the previous wiring?

On a second note, does anyone know how much a 2008 Shelby GT fully optioned out(interior upgrade, ambient, shaker 1000, HID) with about 2400miles in perfect condition will trade in for, or private sale value?

Thanks

im also interested in swapping out my headlights for HIDs but am not positive yet if it can be done...easily. I was at a dealership today and asked the service manager and he said he wasnt sure if you can. I would imagine the lights will cost more then $525 since thats just the cost to get them in the first place instead of the halogen lights. does that make sense? not sure how to word it

I have also looked into swapping out my lights for the HIDs. The cost is around $1500.00 for parts alone. The install will be very simple, but the cost is high. I was shocked to hear it, but that's what the parts will cost you. The $525 is the cost for the option on the sticker, but the parts ALWAYS will cost you more when you buy them after-the-fact from the dealership. That's just the way it is. Even though the cost is a little high, I'm gonna do it anyway. Hope this doesn't bum you out...

I've ordered a 2010 GT500 and i have actually looked into downgrading to the standard headlights just because I am not a huge fan of the look of the HIDs. They simply look a bit cross-eyed to me. I talked to a Parts manager at a dealership and he explained that to upgrade from the standard, there are special wiring parts because for the HID's. There is a power regulator or something of that sort that is needed for powering the HIDs.

I've ordered a 2010 GT500 and i have actually looked into downgrading to the standard headlights just because I am not a huge fan of the look of the HIDs. They simply look a bit cross-eyed to me. I talked to a Parts manager at a dealership and he explained that to upgrade from the standard, there are special wiring parts because for the HID's. There is a power regulator or something of that sort that is needed for powering the HIDs.

I've got the regular halogens on my 2010 and I'd be willing to trade you for your HIDs. If you are interested, we could both talk to our local experts at the dealership to see exactly how to do it. We can then remove our lights and all associated parts and then ship them to each other. Let me know if you are interested.

Archived