TEAM SHELBY FORUM

So how long have you had yours, How many miles are on it and how many have you seen on the road?

jaaman

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

since 12/22 about 800 miles; sleet/ice/snow now so no more miles for at least a week. Essentially problem free, and definitely a lot of power with this cold weather. Not a daily driver, but trying to get a lot of use out of it, even had it in a walmart parking lot (way off to the side).

Lots of interest in my shelby from the guys on a local mustang board. I think the first time I actually show up for a function, there will be a line for rides.

I have not seen another on the road, although a friend who is also on the board has one sitting in his garage that I have seen, plus about 4 others on showroom floors.

I received mine on Oct. 18th and have 800 fun filled miles. Here in San Diego I've only seen two others, one in my neighborhood (I know the owner) and another parked on the street in La Jolla. All were coupes. Only vert I've seen was at Kearny Mesa Ford for 80k...ouch! Last time I was at the dealer it was gone. Not sure how much they actually got.

-Bill-

Picked up my Red / White Stripe Coupe from Bob Baker Ford in San Diego on August 10. Only have 375 miles on it to date.

My red and white stripe shelby showed up the night of dec the 8th and i drove her home the next afternoon dec 9th and now have 157.7 miles on her. not drove her much just on a couple of nice warm days and also trying to keep the miles down to a min.

66GT hipo

hipo

got to drive that baby !

dond

I picked up mine November 29. I only have 119 miles on it. The day after I got it we had an ice storm and the town I live in salted the hell out of the streets. So I parked it until spring. A week before Christmas we had unseasonably warm weather with thunderstorms and washed all the salt away. Christmas Eve it was 55 degrees out so I took her out of her bubble & my wife & I took her for a ride. I had the top down until my wife started complaining about it being to cold.

Before I put her back in the bubble I added FRPP mufflers, CDC roll bar and sequential tail lights, centered the deck lid lettering, added a shortly antenna and installed the center dash panel with CS autograph.

I have not seen any other Shelby's on the road.

Alan

post-7141-1168746487_thumb.jpg

picked up 9/24/06. paid 10k over and worth every dime. it has about 1300 miles on it now....just waiting for the dragstrip to open. i want to squeeze the best i can out of it bone stock.

then i can mod the crap out of it.

once i get started ill open up a thread here and post progress regularly

and btw ive seen 2 at the ffw show at englishtown, nj (one racing one showing), one at nmra atco, nj....in the parking lot.

the only other lives very close to me (i cant figure out where) but his is also tungsten like mine....his has silver stripes and mine is a stripe delete car

I picked up mine November 29. I only have 119 miles on it. The day after I got it we had an ice storm and the town I live in salted the hell out of the streets. So I parked it until spring. A week before Christmas we had unseasonably warm weather with thunderstorms and washed all the salt away. Christmas Eve it was 55 degrees out so I took her out of her bubble & my wife & I took her for a ride. I had the top down until my wife started complaining about it being to cold.

Before I put her back in the bubble I added FRPP mufflers, CDC roll bar and sequential tail lights, centered the deck lid lettering, added a shortly antenna and installed the center dash panel with CS autograph.

Alan

How impressed were you with the look of the Lite Bar on your car? IMO, it should've came with it.

I picked up my Shelby on Nov. 3rd. It now has 1100 miles on it, but it hasn't been out of the garage in 6 weeks because my town is buried under 3ft of snow (it is snowing now). I have only seen one other Shelby in this arera and that was in Sept.

Please Mother Nature . . . give us a break! I want to drive my car! :banghead:

How impressed were you with the look of the Lite Bar on your car? IMO, it should've came with it.

I agree it should have come with a roll bar from the factoy. IMO the CDC roll bar is about as close to factory equipment as your going to get. The color match is perfect, I think it looks great. Simple install.

Alan

I picked my Tungsten/Silver Coupe up at the end of September, and it now has about 2,100 miles on it. :hyper:

I have only seen another Shelby on two occasions: I saw a Black/White Coupe going east on I-96 near Lansing last Sunday, and I saw a pre-production Tungsten/Silver Coupe on the highway in Muskegon last spring. :shift:

I picked my Tungsten/Silver Coupe up at the end of September, and it now has about 2,100 miles on it. :hyper:

I have only seen another Shelby on two occasions: I saw a Black/White Coupe going east on I-96 near Lansing last Sunday, and I saw a pre-production Tungsten/Silver Coupe on the highway in Muskegon last spring. :shift:

hopefully we can fix tthat this spring!!

hopefully we can fix that this spring!!

Picked mine up on Sep 29th. It's currently put away for the winter with it's older brother, and has 1,400 miles. I believe I saw one about a month before I received mine. Not 100% sure, a lot of 06 and 07 Mustangs in my area with stripes being added. The only other one I have seen ( white coupe ), was sitting in a local Ford dealer showroom with a sales tag of $90 K.

post-6385-1168863396_thumb.jpg

post-6385-1168863396_thumb.jpg

Picked mine up on Sep 29th. It's currently put away for the winter with it's older brother, and has 1,400 miles. I believe I saw one about a month before I received mine. Not 100% sure, a lot of 06 and 07 Mustangs in my area with stripes being added. The only other one I have seen ( white coupe ), was sitting in a local Ford dealer showroom with a sales tag of $90 K.

I received my Alloy Vert. from Augusta Ga. on Nov. 7th, shipped to L.I. NY on the 9th.

I have 628 miles, she will never see the rain only out on nice days.

Going to Shelby Autos in March for the 40th. Then she will look like this!

post-3208-1168877293_thumb.jpg

post-3208-1168877293_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I have now had mine almost 4 weeks. Mileage: 2200ish. I went on a 20 hour "ride" last week- round trip. I know you must think I'm crazy, but I bought it for fun, so I drove it to Florida for a biz trip and loved it. Shelby and I bonded well. Saw a ton of cops but didn't get pulled over once (and I didn't have a tag yet, plus didn't have the temp tag in view).

I have a vert- white with blue stripe.

There is one other vert in my town..owned by some dr guy whose office is across the street from my office.

While on the road last week, I saw a coupe in Sarasota, FL.

Every where I go folks love to come up and "see" my car. It is a conversation piece. My daughter told she saw a lady snap a photo of it today when it was parked at Lowe's. I was in the store.

I have now had mine almost 4 weeks. Mileage: 2200ish. I went on a 20 hour "ride" last week- round trip. I know you must think I'm crazy, but I bought it for fun, so I drove it to Florida for a biz trip and loved it. Shelby and I bonded well. Saw a ton of cops but didn't get pulled over once (and I didn't have a tag yet, plus didn't have the temp tag in view).

I have a vert- white with blue stripe.

There is one other vert in my town..owned by some dr guy whose office is across the street from my office.

While on the road last week, I saw a coupe in Sarasota, FL.

Every where I go folks love to come up and "see" my car. It is a conversation piece. My daughter told she saw a lady snap a photo of it today when it was parked at Lowe's. I was in the store.

I have had mine since 11-08-06, I have 800 miles on her. I drive her on clear sunny days, mainly the 27 mile trip to work. I have not seen another one on the road. I have people tell me they see them every where, all the time, but I haven't seen one. I am always looking. She gets attention every where she goes. I love the car, it is a dream come true.

I look forward to the day I can start doing some mods.

SUNNY FLORIDA

I've had mine since August 28th and she has 6,000 miles on her. This car goes out rain or shine, hauls my kids (on special occasions) and puts me in a good mood on bad days. This car has been to Laguna Seca and Thunderhill Raceway. My signature tells you the details of the car.

Suspension is all I have slated for improvements. I've seen another Red/White (goes to the same shop as I) a Grabber Orange/Silver and a White/Blue and just met JR with his very polished Tungsten. Our dealer had a Blue/White and it remained in the area but I have yet to see it.

Thanks for asking!

I have yet to see one on the road. I believe it is because of 2 reasons: All the cars are in the showrooms waiting for a big score or the owner is storing it in hopes to make big money 40 years from now at Barrett Jackson.

These are Mustangs, not lambos or one offs, people need to drive the dam things!

Alan

ATI,

Did you use the factory Shelby lettering and just move it to the center or did you have to purchase new lettering. Also, what did you use to make it stick and line up? Thanks in advance for your help.

Very early delivery for my Grabber Orange / White Coupe. Picked up at Rail Yard in Memphis, TN on August 12, 2006 and trailered to dealer for PDI then trailered home. Currently has 2000 Miles on it which is over double what I expected in the first almost 6 months. Car is too awesome to let sit in the garage. Has never and will never be driven the rain and not purchased as a daily driver.

I have seen 2 Shelbys in a showrooms and 1 on the road. The one on the road is a Tungsten Convertible and I know the owner. I did see 2 pre production cars last July at the Tulsa Mustang meet.

post-3989-1170735543_thumb.jpg

Very early delivery for my Grabber Orange / White Coupe. Picked up at Rail Yard in Memphis, TN on August 12, 2006 and trailered to dealer for PDI then trailered home. Currently has 2000 Miles on it which is over double what I expected in the first almost 6 months. Car is too awesome to let sit in the garage. Has never and will never be driven the rain and not purchased as a daily driver.

I have seen 2 Shelbys in a showrooms and 1 on the road. The one on the road is a Tungsten Convertible and I know the owner. I did see 2 pre production cars last July at the Tulsa Mustang meet.

Very cool pix at rail yard ! :hyper: That ive not see yet THANKS :banana piano:

Archived