TEAM SHELBY FORUM

So how long have you had yours, How many miles are on it and how many have you seen on the road?

jaaman

Shelby arrived 11/15/06 at the dealer .......Built date was Aug 30 06 seemed to take for ever to get to my dealer .....Drove it home 11/20/06, and what a drive 568 km of heaven........and now sitting in my garage till spring or as soon as the snow goes.....for those who are still waiting for their car .....relax its hard to do , but it will be worth it , wait till you sit down in that seat and go for your first drive .....very hard to explain.....what a car ..and the power, even stock it's nothing like you can imagine.........so much power across the rpm band .....you will not believe it ......have a great Xmas .....and may your time waiting for your car be short........

Received mine 7/11/06 and have 3500 miles on it. Finally saw another one in person last week after 5 months! Where are all the other owners!? They're crazy if they don't take their cars out and enjoy them!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I took delivery on 10/30 and now have 980 miles on her. I have only seen other GT500's up at Evolution Performance, I live about 10 miles from their shop. The car is absolutely incredible and a ton of fun to drive. Had it up to 1 :censored: on I95 a couple of weeks ago and it was still pulling as hard when I backed off, as it does at 80. Weather is going to be really nice this weekend so I'll be back out early in the morning on Saturday and Sunday tearing up some asphalt before the roads get crowded with all those holiday shoppers.

I received mine on Oct. 18th and have 800 fun filled miles. Here in San Diego I've only seen two others, one in my neighborhood (I know the owner) and another parked on the street in La Jolla. All were coupes. Only vert I've seen was at Kearny Mesa Ford for 80k...ouch! Last time I was at the dealer it was gone. Not sure how much they actually got.

-Bill-

Picked mine up on September 8, currently have 1040 miles and wishing I could drive it more. The weather has been wet and cold in Michigan for the last couple of weeks.

Picked mine up from dealer Nov 21 now have almost nine hundred miles. Saw one alloy coup a couple of months ago in parking lot and one at a customer home. Have a snow bird neighbor from Michagin that has a alloy coup and another neighbor that has told me he has one on order white and blue his deal is thousand over sticker from dealer which is family friend. Also saw a few at car shows, none on the road driving seen.Love to drive my car and learning to be careful with the power range, a blast to drive, love the sat and shacker five hundred. :shift:

My wife and I picked ours up on November 10th. 3300 miles. Have seen only one other on a showroom floor and local dealer in South Texas. Dealer had for over a month and wanted the bidding to start at 20 over MSRP. That's why I bought mine out of state.

Waiting to see another. Having fun running up on and passing all kinds of other Stangs on the road. Chased a Lotus in Houston. He couldn't shake me. I was at half throttle. I don't know how hard he was pushing his car, but the way he came through traffic made me believe he was pushing it pretty hard. Traffic ended our fun and I never got to reverse the roles to see if he could stay with me. Man I love this car.

Drive fast, drive safe . . . :yup:

:speedie:

Bought mine off the showroom floor on Sept 21st for 9k over. Now have just under 500 miles on it. Have not seen another one period. I know there is a GO in Little Rock though, a friend of mine emailed me a picture of him sitting in it (he doesn't own it) but I've never seen it on the streets.

Chris

Picked up the White one in September, it has 1,200 miles on it. Black one has 62. New Ford GT has 800. No matter which car they're all just kick-ass fun!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

I like your avatar. Can you make it flash all 3 cars. That would be too cool. When did you get the Ford GT ?

I had help with the avatar, so I'll have to ask. Picked it up last Thursday in MN and drove it to Green Bay to change it into the GTX1.

Would you please post a couple photos of your Ford GT. A few of us here really like the looks of those. :yup:

Here they are... ENJOY!

post-7198-1166307840.jpeg post-7198-1166307864_thumb.jpg post-7198-1166307884_thumb.jpg post-7198-1166307904_thumb.jpg

Rick,

Very nice. Must be nice to have the last model year. That's a keeper. Can you give us some comparisons to the GT500. What do you think.

The photos only enlarged a little bit when I clicked on them. Hard to get a good feel for that awesome car.

Rob

picked mine up 11/21/06 black/tungsten coupe in San Diego. Car currently has 1156mi. I've seen one other Shelby vert black at Qualcomms 1/8mi dragstrip (I parked next to him). Im not your typical demographic for a GT500 (young/black).I love the looks when I pull up next to people as Im bumping Jay Z with the bass booming! They probably think Im the valet or detailer.

Comparison..

GT500.. Good ride, seats are comfortable, has brute power, tricky clutch at first, only have taken it to 130. :shift:

Ford GT.. Also a good ride, you don't hear the motor very much even though its right next to your ear, but road noise can get loud. Seats are alright but if your more than six foot it's tight. As my brother-in-law says "there's not enough room in this car to change your mind". (we are both 6') Very fast off the line, corners great. Clutch is really light. Reverse is on the opposite side, have to remember that. Took it to 170 :hyper: , feels a little light at that speed. Need a really flat smooth road. Not real easy to get in and out of, and hope that nobody parks close to the drivers door. Or you won't be getting in that way.

Both get looks, but not as many people know what the GT is. :headscratch: People are always wanting to sit in it, and pop the hood. :yup:

Comparison..

GT500.. Good ride, seats are comfortable, has brute power, tricky clutch at first, only have taken it to 130. :shift:

Ford GT.. Also a good ride, you don't hear the motor very much even though its right next to your ear, but road noise can get loud. Seats are alright but if your more than six foot it's tight. As my brother-in-law says "there's not enough room in this car to change your mind". (we are both 6') Very fast off the line, corners great. Clutch is really light. Reverse is on the opposite side, have to remember that. Took it to 170 :hyper: , feels a little light at that speed. Need a really flat smooth road. Not real easy to get in and out of, and hope that nobody parks close to the drivers door. Or you won't be getting in that way.

Both get looks, but not as many people know what the GT is. :headscratch: People are always wanting to sit in it, and pop the hood. :yup:

Thanks for fixing the photos so they enlarge. Those shots are sweet. Are the stripes painted on? If not how is the quality ? Tell us now that you have it, which would you rather drive, the GT500 or the Ford GT. I know they are both sweet, but which is sweeter ?

Tough question right !!!

Thanks for fixing the photos so they enlarge. Those shots are sweet. Are the stripes painted on? If not how is the quality ? Tell us now that you have it, which would you rather drive, the GT500 or the Ford GT. I know they are both sweet, but which is sweeter ?

Tough question right !!!

Stripes are painted. If you look at my signature you'll see that I have a few rides to choose from. Each car has it's own personality. Between the two, I'd have to say the GT. But for 150m + it had better be. And when it becomes the GTX1 it should even be better!

• 4 weeks later...

got mine nov 21....1200 miles on her......have not seen ONE, not one other on the road..get plenty of looks from new GT owners though especially... :ohsnap: ..like their candy just doesn't taste that good anymore....

Got mine Dec 8th and I have 1800 miles on it .. and loving every bit !

dond

July 15th. 6,900 miles. Over 7,000 by sundown today. Will cover both production years and purchase an 08' Coupe to complement my 07' vert. Waiting to see what color will replace GO next year. GO availabilty will move over to the Boss 302 model, and the 500 will get a replacement color. I pray that its a green, but with the green Bullitt coming out in 09, who knows?

Excluding the three or so that I have seen in showrooms, about 7 others around Los Angeles and Orange Counties since July. The only one that I see somewhat frequently is a Blue/White Coupe that parks in front of a beach mansion on Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu. I think it belongs to a Richey Rich kid because 1. It’s parked on a major thoroughfare and not in the garage. Dad probably said sorry son, no room at the Inn. 2. It already has a rather large white decal running across the top of the rear window glass advertising something about a Shelby club or aftermarket parts company, I’m not exactly certain, but the DECAL IS VERY, VERY LARGE AND STUPID UGLY. 3. The car is not kept clean.

Side bar: Those of you in this thread that are indicating that they recieved their cars in September or before might be interested in my posting about the stock air cleaner under the topic "BOOST QUESTION". I replaced mine, and as a result killed about three little "niggily" problems that bugged my about the car's performance. If the problem applies to your 500, then I recommend that you act today to see what you have been missing in this car's performance. :burnout:

Archived