TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Boulder Museum. Travel Back In Time.

shelbymotorsports

Those sure look like models to me! Are you sure these aren't a model of the museum? The GT40 is all out of proportion in the 3rd picture you posted.

Wouldn't that be funny if it were a model :)

But yes the Museum does exist. The GT40 does look kinda strange though.

Hey Tony, any thoughts on the GT40 pic?

Steve

That would explain it - a GT40 Go Kart. I was looking at it's size compared to the trailer in the background AND the steering wheel size/location.

Visiting the museum is definitely on my bucket list!

One of the pictures must be newer than 15 years however. There is a poster for the Ford GT on the wall and I don't think they even had the concept car out 15 years ago.

That would explain it - a GT40 Go Kart. I was looking at it's size compared to the trailer in the background AND the steering wheel size/location.

One of the pictures must be newer than 15 years however. There is a poster for the Ford GT on the wall and I don't think they even had the concept car out 15 years ago.

I'm pretty confident on the date within a year or two either way. Regarding the GT "poster". I blew the photo up and while that car has some similarity to the orignal GT40 and the new GT its not the same car. This one has an all glass top and much more rounded off features.

This time period would have been around a few years after the Viper came out so perhaps Ford was thinking of a SuperCar back then. But not knowing the origin of that poster it could be just a what if from an enthusiast/artist.

Lets see if Tony recalls this poster and perhaps he might have taken pics of it.

Steve

Wouldn't that be funny if it were a model :)

But yes the Museum does exist. The GT40 does look kinda strange though.

Hey Tony, any thoughts on the GT40 pic?

Steve

There are too many details that are correct (and wouldn't be worth modeling). The first picture of the build is correct.

The second picture has the HVAC stuff in the ceiling. They wouldn't model that.

Third pic has HVAC and the food service counter. That is correct also. in the third picture you can see the scale of the white GT40 compared to the Cobra in front. It definitely looks like a cart-sized reproduction.

4th - nothing spectacular to put into context.

5th (from second set) - garage door is correct. The molds hanging from the wall are still there (although not where they are now).

6th - GT40 is definitely a model car.

7th - The Ford GT poster and the picture of the cars above dates this.

8th - I've never seen that car there.

I would move your plans up. With Larry H. Miller's passing the long term presence of what had been some of the semi-permanent portion of the collection is in question.

Hours are 10-4 Saturday.

Archived