TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Help with access to the Fog Lights?

goldgus

Does anybody know how to access the foglights on a 2010 GT500?

I bought a SWEET HID KIT from the HID-Guys, and cant figure out how to start the install...

Do I take off the front black plastic chin spoiler???

Thanks for any help you can lend.

Neil

You gotta remove the entire front clip of the car. The fog lights are accessible from the backside of the front fascia.

You gotta remove the entire front clip of the car. The fog lights are accessible from the backside of the front fascia.

I was afraid you were going to say that... Have any hints or pics on how to PROPERLY remove the front clip???

I'll be able to do it, but could use some guidance on where to begin so I don't "EFF" anything up.

Thx GT... I searched out that thread right after I hit send on my original post. Didn't even think anybody had removed the front clip on a 2010 yet.

They did at the same time you posted. Looks like people are working inside because of the rain today. However, I wasn't shy and picked up my Shelby from the dealer today in the rain. Getting my sleeping bag now and spending the night in the car.

What color (temperature) kit did you go with? This on my to-do list and want to see how it looks when your done. Before taking the entire fascia off i would try taking off the tires and removing the plastic wheel wells to access the bulbs if you cant get them by removing the underbody panel. I dont think it should involve that much work to just remove the bulb. Let us know how it goes, good luck.

What color (temperature) kit did you go with? This on my to-do list and want to see how it looks when your done. Before taking the entire fascia off i would try taking off the tires and removing the plastic wheel wells to access the bulbs if you cant get them by removing the underbody panel. I dont think it should involve that much work to just remove the bulb. Let us know how it goes, good luck.

I bought the 5000K kit, as I want the best match possible and this is what was recommended to me by the seller. You could go with the 6000K kit, but could be annoying to oncoming traffic. I'm gonna have the car outside today and will put it up on jackstands and get a better look underneath the car.

I thought the 5000k was the stock temp. Im interested in seeing how they work with the illuminated entry. Im not sure I would want them coming on all the time at night when I unlock my vehicle, just might be too much wear on the ballasts. I read in the manual how to deactivate that feature so it wont become too much of an issue.

OK, So the kit is IN!!! They look awesome, will take some pics later or tomorrow...

Did NOT have to remove the entire front clip. Just the black plastic panel underneath and behind the chin spoiler. It was held on by 9 small (5.5mm) silver screws. Once those are out, the panel comes right out and you have great access to the fog lights. I pulled the car up onto my new Rhino Ramps (these things are awesome), and slid right under and removed the panel. Took out the old bulbs, plugged the wiring harness into the existing bulb connector, mounted the ballasts inside the front clip (just above where the side marker lamps are). There is a small "ridge" there, and with the supplied adhesive pads, the ballasts just stick right in there. Clipped in the new HID fog bulbs, plugged all the connectors in, zip tied everything in there nice and neat, and reinstalled the panel. The entire install took 40 minutes. KUDOS to "HID-Guy" for offering a straight up - PLUG AND PLAY install kit.

Getting my sleeping bag now and spending the night in the car.

I talked about doing this with some co-workers and friends when I first brought the car home...I think they thought I was joking about doing it...but seriously, I did not want to leave the car! I'm sure a good nights sleep could be had in it! We're not strange...really. lol.

I talked about doing this with some co-workers and friends when I first brought the car home...I think they thought I was joking about doing it...but seriously, I did not want to leave the car! I'm sure a good nights sleep could be had in it! We're not strange...really. lol.

Ok good, I thought it was just me. I get up every hour during the night a just look out the door. Not sure, but I think the wife thinks I am getting up to pee....lol...If she only knew.....lol

• 2 weeks later...

Archived