TEAM SHELBY FORUM

better to drive than not drive....

scottysjet

Tonight I decided to run my KR down to gas station and fill up with Premium since it was delivered near empty with 16 factory miles, anyway I pushed out of the garage got in, and guess what it would not start , so out came the battery charger and i charged a good bit ran to fillup with premium and ran it some , very nice car tires pickup a lot more than my Roushs tires do, i ran it about 30 minutes and put away. I assume I am going to drive it , not store it , it is just hard to not want it to remain in new condtion forever.

Have you guys noticed when your car sits the tires start to flat spot . It's important to move it to prevent this. I also noticed that @ 70 mph for the first 15 miles the front end shakes then it goes away. The PJ Saleen mustang had a TSB about flat spotting the tires. So be aware of this problem and move your car around.

I would also use a battery tender if your car sits.

Tonight I decided to run my KR down to gas station and fill up with Premium since it was delivered near empty

with 16 factory miles, anyway I pushed out of the garage got in, and guess what it would not start , so out came the battery charger and i charged a good bit ran to fillup with premium and ran it some , very nice car tires pickup a lot more than my Roushs tires do, i ran it about 30 minutes and put away. I assume I am going to drive it , not store it , it is just hard to not want it to remain in new condtion forever.

My thoughts. It is a car, there are 2000 in thje world. Drive the beast, love it and enjoy. The car was built to perform for you. Allow the car to run and allow yourself to have fun. If tomorrow you die from a heart attack. The odometer reading will mean nothing to you.

Then, if your wife had a secret boyfriend, and she gave him the car after you died because you were stressed over flat spots,, you would have ended up preserving

It for some guy cheating with your wife. How bad is that!???

Have you guys noticed when your car sits the tires start to flat spot . It's important to move it to prevent this. I also noticed that @ 70 mph for the first 15 miles the front end shakes then it goes away. The PJ Saleen mustang had a TSB about flat spotting the tires. So be aware of this problem and move your car around.

I would also use a battery tender if your car sits.

You are not along on this one. I notice the exact same thing on my ordinary GT500 Goodyear F1 tires, if the car sits more than 5 days. Heck I even notice this on my 86 Mustang BF Goodrich tires.

And to all the battery tender is a great idea. Highly recommend it.

• 4 weeks later...

I drive. Put her in a grass bank this weekend. Spliitter is toast. But, still too much fun to not drive the puppy on any dry days. Looking at fays2 watts link hoping to get a little more warning prior to my next off road excursion.

My GT500 is a daily driver (except when it snows). When the temps get below 40, they'll flat spot over night until you drive a little and get some heat into the tires.

Archived