TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07SS0626 is home

Left Monday morning for our 12 hour drive to SAI-picked car up Tuesday morning-spent the day in Vegas-left Wednesday morning-back home 12 hours later. Whew! Now some details. We were at SAI promptly at 8:30AM like we were told (the window was 8:30-4:30). Found out they opened at 8:00AM so we figured this gave them a little time to get ready to deal with the over anxious like us. Anyway got to meet Kameron and put a face with the person I had been in contact with throughout the conversion. Really nice guy but he was busy delivering another one to someone else. He turned us over to Steve and again a super guy. Whie we waited for them to get our car out he gave us a "mini" tour of some of the other building that aren't part of the regular tour given to the general public every morning. Some intresting stuff in there including a part of Carroll's private collection. Then the car came out and you can look at all the pictures and brochures you want but until you see one in person they are amazing. As my wife and I stood looking at the car in amazement I am sure some of the stuff Steve was saying went in one ear and out the other as I am just now recuperating from the drive home and thinking about what he said. Anyway we took delivery and had decided to spend the day in Vegas doing the heating and cooling cycles for the rear end. Anybody wondering about driving their car home, we were able to put about 125 miles on it' stopping every 20-30 miles for a cooldown just exploring the city. One thing that really impressed me was when we were caught in a traffic jam on I-15 literally parked in 105 degree temp for about 35 minutes just idling and the engine didn't even come close to getting warm. Cooling upgrade definately a must. Anyway it was time to go home so I had to drive the truck as I was hauling all the parts home and my wife got to drive her car home. Came back through Colorado for a change of scenery and some Rocky Mountain driving and 800 miles later we were home with no problems. Well I had one-I had to look at the front of the car all the way home (tried to get my wife to swap vehicles at fuel stops but to no avail) and it is an awesome sight in your rearview mirror. So enough rambling but I want to give a big thanks to SAI for an incredible car and Kameron and Steve for all their help.

One last note to anyone that has one or has driven one of these needs no explanation. Anyone who is waiting to have theirs done, is on the fence, or has never driven one-really has no clue what this car is. WHAT A RIDE.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Left Monday morning for our 12 hour drive to SAI-picked car up Tuesday morning-spent the day in Vegas-left Wednesday morning-back home 12 hours later. Whew! Now some details. We were at SAI promptly at 8:30AM like we were told (the window was 8:30-4:30). Found out they opened at 8:00AM so we figured this gave them a little time to get ready to deal with the over anxious like us. Anyway got to meet Kameron and put a face with the person I had been in contact with throughout the conversion. Really nice guy but he was busy delivering another one to someone else. He turned us over to Steve and again a super guy. Whie we waited for them to get our car out he gave us a "mini" tour of some of the other building that aren't part of the regular tour given to the general public every morning. Some intresting stuff in there including a part of Carroll's private collection. Then the car came out and you can look at all the pictures and brochures you want but until you see one in person they are amazing. As my wife and I stood looking at the car in amazement I am sure some of the stuff Steve was saying went in one ear and out the other as I am just now recuperating from the drive home and thinking about what he said. Anyway we took delivery and had decided to spend the day in Vegas doing the heating and cooling cycles for the rear end. Anybody wondering about driving their car home, we were able to put about 125 miles on it' stopping every 20-30 miles for a cooldown just exploring the city. One thing that really impressed me was when we were caught in a traffic jam on I-15 literally parked in 105 degree temp for about 35 minutes just idling and the engine didn't even come close to getting warm. Cooling upgrade definately a must. Anyway it was time to go home so I had to drive the truck as I was hauling all the parts home and my wife got to drive her car home. Came back through Colorado for a change of scenery and some Rocky Mountain driving and 800 miles later we were home with no problems. Well I had one-I had to look at the front of the car all the way home (tried to get my wife to swap vehicles at fuel stops but to no avail) and it is an awesome sight in your rearview mirror. So enough rambling but I want to give a big thanks to SAI for an incredible car and Kameron and Steve for all their help.

One last note to anyone that has one or has driven one of these needs no explanation. Anyone who is waiting to have theirs done, is on the fence, or has never driven one-really has no clue what this car is. WHAT A RIDE.

Congrats!!! Looks like mine!!! (except the tail light trim)................... 725??

R

Archived