TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Car Magazine Contacts

War Eagle

Just stopped by to let you know that I sent this letter along with a full package of rust photos to Edmunds, Consumer Reports, Car and Driver Magazine, Motor Trend, Mustang News and most of the others. I just told them the pictures were from my car after I trailered it home with 34 miles on it. Should be interesting to see what the magazines do with this information.

................................................................................

Hi Steve - I was forward some communication that you sent to Ford regarding your GT500 axle. I have some more information regarding this topic.

Specifically, we are currently testing painted axles and will be switching over to painted axles soon (likely this fall timeframe) once the testing is successfully completed. Please let me know if you have already painted your axle. If not we can touch base with you when we go live with this change and see how we can get you an updated axle.

Thanks,

Jamal A. Hameedi

SVT Chief Nameplate Engineer

................................................................................

Best Regards

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

The cars should never have left Ford without this taken care of. Who nowadays doesn't treat the underbodies of their cars to prevent rust.

Hell, I had a 1997 Ford Explorer that I beat the heck out of and the underside looked better than War Eagle's Shelby. Sold that with 140K miles on it and no rust.

War Eagle has a right to be unhappy and ask Ford to make it right.

Cannot believe others do not see it that way.

The cars should never have left Ford without this taken care of. Who nowadays doesn't treat the underbodies of their cars to prevent rust.

Hell, I had a 1997 Ford Explorer that I beat the heck out of and the underside looked better than War Eagle's Shelby. Sold that with 140K miles on it and no rust.

War Eagle has a right to be unhappy and ask Ford to make it right.

Cannot believe others do not see it that way.

+++1

Who knows, a bunch of people chased War Eagle off the forum. Saying he was asking to much for a painted axle. A sad moment here on Team Shelby.

Asking to much?!!!! Who the F said that Sh*t. Oh so it is asking to much to have a car built to quality specs.? Quality is job one...my ass. I have a rusty rear also :headscratch: That did not sound right.

But really, it is not asking to much to do what is right. I was just under the wifes '09 Tahoe and took note, the only items not painted or coated are the front spindles and the u-joints on the DS. Go figure!

Hell the idiot that did my stripes could not even get that right. :censored: Piss poor I say, piss poor!

Asking to much?!!!! Who the F said that Sh*t. Oh so it is asking to much to have a car built to quality specs.? Quality is job one...my ass. I have a rusty rear also :headscratch: That did not sound right.

But really, it is not asking to much to do what is right. I was just under the wifes '09 Tahoe and took note, the only items not painted or coated are the front spindles and the u-joints on the DS. Go figure!

Hell the idiot that did my stripes could not even get that right. :censored: Piss poor I say, piss poor!

Todd Id get the stripes re-done--Pretty sure that Evans Ford has a computer that guides the applkication.MM had some done there and i saw them==looked excellent

While I have a few minutes, does everyones stripe on the front bumper overlap, ie. is it 2 pieces?

I believe so yes - looks a bit suspect the first time you notice it, doesn't it?

I saw another post on here asking the same question, so I checked mine and voilà! There it was!

Regards, Ian

Well, I did the dumb a$$ thing...I closed the garage door with my GT500 a smidgen too close and the handle caught the bumper!!! Anyway, ordering the new stripes, I learned it is a 2 piece that has to be ordered seperate. The reason I'm getting is the bends and the curves of the bumper would make it nearly impossible to do in 1 piece. BTW, this will be a winter project to fix when the snow blows.

Archived