TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Way to go guys

bpmurr

You all (you know who I'm speaking to) have really ruined the Team Shelby experience for War Eagle. The guy was just trying to help get a few things addressed with the car. Instead of being supportive you belittled the issue or complained that he wasn't helping the older cars. He was more then willing to support 07-09 owners who wanted to start the process on their own.

From my emails with him I doubt he will continue to post here again. Very sad to have someone feel attacked for trying to do a good thing. You all should be a shamed of yourself. :angry2:

Edit:

Mods please change the title to say Way to Go Guys. It seems in my frustration my proof reading skills are poor.

Edit: Fixed the title for you.

You all (you know who I'm speaking to) have really ruined the Team Shelby experience for War Eagle. The guy was just trying to help get a few things addressed with the car. Instead of being supportive you belittled the issue or complained that he wasn't helping the older cars. He was more then willing to support 07-09 owners who wanted to start the process on their own.

From my emails with him I doubt he will continue to post here again. Very sad to have someone feel attacked for trying to do a good thing. You all should be a shamed of yourself. :angry2:

Edit:

Mods please change the title to say Way to Go Guys. It seems in my frustration my proof reading skills are poor.

Agree --the whole episode sems to against the whole purpose of the site--a place where folks get together to talk about GT500s in a supportive fashion,not one where folks harsh on others with a different point of view.Hope war eagle comes back,hes a great advocate of the Gt500,whoe is actually trying to help folks with action.

Wow. Are you gonna take your ball and run home too? Or can you think outside the box for a moment?

If you can get Ford to address your year only (2010) then good for you. But you refuse to see the issue from the manufacturer's perspective. My exhaust manifolds have surface corrosion as well. Should Ford provide me with a ceramic coated set? Since at least 2005, none of the entire axle assemblies have come painted. You expected otherwise when you made your purchase?

Was there an official Ford press release that I somehow missed (including you and WarEagle) where Ford stated that they would start coating 2010 axle housings? No, there wasn't. So you now own a GT500 Mustang with a rusty housing - welcome to the club.

2007-2009 owners have inquired and expressed their concern regarding this condition. I believe Rob inquired and got a direct response from Ford. You can search for the response. I think Ford's explanation was pretty weak, but that isn't going to add another process to the axle plant.

As for shame? Grow up. This is the business world circa 2009. Excluding others suffering the same issue only ensures failure. But hey, its a free country. Go for it. Or pick up some sandpaper and paint and be done with it and move on.

Tob

I for one dont see what the big fuss is all about. War eagle is just trying to help out by attempting to fix the issue. Who cares if people have tried to do this before and failed. If everyone gave up on trying to fix something when someone else failed where would we be at? WarEagle TY for trying to make my shelby and other shelby owners cars better.

Alan

Tob the 2010 is different for this reason:

Ford took it out on the show circuit with painted axles. Not as a "pre production car" or a "show car" but represented it as a production vehicle. This case doesn't exist for any other Mustang. Ford had the car up on its side for everyone to see.

Chris,

thanks for a logical approach. It is appreciated. That said...

WarEagle (and others) are claiming that Ford made an official representation as to product content and that their purchase deviated from the pre-production vehicle that was observed. A weak argument that holds no water. If it did, I want my money back. You see, the hood vents that were on the original (pre-production) GT500 are not what came on my car. Remember these?

http://www.muscularmustangs.com/randompics/image3.jpg

I also didn't get the 19" wheels on that model either.

And wait. How many GT500KR owners got robbed? Remember the '08 pre-production model?

http://www.2009shelby.com/08ShelbyGT500KR_2763L.jpg

They were supposed to get 20" wheels, not the ridiculously unavailable 18" Alcoas!!

Regardless of what you believe, nowhere did Ford officially represent any pre-production vehicle as 100% identical to what would roll off the assembly line. If you believe that to be true, prove it. And not just "But the guy said..."

Even if Ford had represented it as such, they reserve to make any changes at any time. Ever read the fine print from a factory brochure? Here's a link to a page from a 2010 brochure...

http://mustangattitude.com/cgi-bin/showcar...0/2010_00069_13

It reads "...certain changes in standard equipment, options and the like, or product delays may have occurred which would not be included in these pages...Ford Division reserves the right to change product specifications at any time without incurring obligations."

So should Ford have just left the undercarriage on what WarEagle claims he saw as production and displayed an unpainted housing? Maybe. Should Ford be painting axle assemblies on actual production vehicles? Absolutely. Will they? Hey, that's up to them.

Tob

On edit

To top it off, this is how Ford represented typical '2010' content

http://forums.themustangsource.com/gallery...16185&c=286

Somebody going to sue Ford for not getting the 100% body cover bra?

Chris,

WarEagle (and others) are claiming that Ford made an official representation as to product content and that their purchase deviated from the pre-production vehicle that was observed. A weak argument that holds no water. If it did, I want my money back. You see, the hood vents that were on the original (pre-production) GT500 are not what came on my car. Remember these?

And wait. How many GT500KR owners got robbed? Remember the '08 pre-production model?

They were supposed to get 20" wheels, not the ridiculously unavailable 18" Alcoas!!

Regardless of what you believe, nowhere did Ford officially represent any pre-production vehicle as 100% identical to what would roll off the assembly line. If you believe that to be true, prove it. And not just "But the guy said..."

Even if Ford had represented it as such, they reserve to make any changes at any time. Ever read the fine print from a factory brochure? Here's a link to a page from a 2010 brochure...

It reads "...certain changes in standard equipment, options and the like, or product delays may have occurred which would not be included in these pages...Ford Division reserves the right to change product specifications at any time without incurring obligations."

So should Ford have just left the undercarriage on what WarEagle claims he saw as production and displayed an unpainted housing? Maybe. Should Ford be painting axle assemblies on actual production vehicles? Absolutely. Will they? Hey, that's up to them.

Tob

On edit

Nobody is trying to sue Ford over the rear axle. The car is going to be fitted with a painted one sometime this fall. They are aware of the issue and slightly embarrassed given the Camaro and Challenger is a clean car on the underside. I understand the Camaro has had issues and it's a first year car so that's expected. However, what I read on Camaro 5 shows GM has been very responsive in fixing customer complaints.

Oh and a side note I'm not going to take my ball and go home. I'm going to enjoy my car as I pursue this issue. I can handle confrontational forum posters and have experience dealing with corporations.

Who in the #ell ever looks under the car except the owner? I'm the only one that is ever under my car. How about this scenario: 25 years from now your car is being judged on the show circuit and you have painted all that rusty shit under your car, do you think the judges will deduct points because it didn't come from the factory like that. Something to think about. :headscratch:

I for one dont see what the big fuss is all about. War eagle is just trying to help out by attempting to fix the issue. Who cares if people have tried to do this before and failed. If everyone gave up on trying to fix something when someone else failed where would we be at? WarEagle TY for trying to make my shelby and other shelby owners cars better.

Alan

Getting your ducks in a row is not nearly as powerful as actually doing something with your duck. Good job War Eagle!!!

Chris,

Tob

On edit

Will Ford do something to help out War Eagle or anyone else? Hell if I know. But for people to give him crap cuz he's not bringing up the 07-09 cars is BS. If you think he's wasting his time then so be it. You dont have to come in here and give him crap about it. A simple "i think you're wasting your time but good luck" is about all that should be said. I bought the car already knowing about the rusted rears but don't plan to take the time to go paint it. If War Eagle is able to get Ford to give an option for us to get a painted axle then I'll probably do it depending on the price. I hope if nothing else War Eagle alone gets Ford to give him a new axle just so he can come on here and show everyone what he got Ford to do that no one else on here cared or were successful in doing

Tob the 2010 is different for this reason:

Ford took it out on the show circuit with painted axles. Not as a "pre production car" or a "show car" but represented it as a production vehicle. This case doesn't exist for any other Mustang. Ford had the car up on its side for everyone to see.

I am all for your guys pursuing painted rear ends, but this has to be the weakest argument I have ever heard...... I think that car you all speak of had tinted windows, too, didn't it? Did you get your free tinted windows??? In addition it rode ALOT lower than the production cars. In fact, many came to the forums and said how much lower the 2010 rode, and how Ford finally figured out how to get rid of the 4X4 look. So, did you get them to put in lowering springs, too???

I think the unpainted rear ends suck, but this line of reasoning is way out there....

Who in the #ell ever looks under the car except the owner? I'm the only one that is ever under my car. How about this scenario: 25 years from now your car is being judged on the show circuit and you have painted all that rusty shit under your car, do you think the judges will deduct points because it didn't come from the factory like that. Something to think about. :headscratch:

2010 Shelby GT500's will ship from the factory with a painted axle starting sometime this fall. I'm not sure what people don't understand about that. Therefore, it doesn't hurt to try and having existing owners 2010 get one as well. It's not like it's above and beyond what Ford is about to do.

Does anyone have a picture of this? I believe that someone said this was at this years Woodward cruise - I was there and can't recall it. That's not to say it didn't happen, just I'd like to see the picture to put this all in context.

You all (you know who I'm speaking to) have really ruined the Team Shelby experience for War Eagle......From my emails with him I doubt he will continue to post here again. Very sad to have someone feel attacked for trying to do a good thing. You all should be a shamed of yourself. :angry2:

Come back War Eagle!

All is forgiven ;) and we miss you already! Your posts were one of the brightest parts of this forum and I would always look forward to reading your daily posts in the evening after a hard days toil.

Anyway, please don't get sucked in by the trolling. Everyone has their own opinion and it's all part of the of a good forums entertainment to have opposing, sometimes intentionally antagonistic views. Personally I suspect that I will never even look under the rear of my car (can't think that I even did this once on my 07), but I supported everything you were trying to do.

Sigh.

Intentionally antagonistic? Troll? Weak argument? Giving someone crap?

I'm the only one to bring any tech and it gets shunned and replaced with emotional responses based on...Alice in Wonderland?

Bring something to the table instead of childish rants.

I can handle confrontational forum posters and have experience dealing with corporations.
Wow. And all this time I figured you couldn't find your way out of a paper bag.

See? Do you like it when someone treats you like a child? No, you don't. Now quit your complaining and do some research. The kind that 'dealing with corporations' requires.

Tob

Sigh.

I'm the only one to bring any tech and it gets shunned and replaced with emotional responses based on...Alice in Wonderland?

Tob

Childish rants? I do find that quite amusing as there seems to be only person acting like a petulant teenager.

:lurk:

Alan

+10 you guys need to mellow out. Lets treat each other with respect and some kind of dignity. We all have different issues on a different priority level. I have never been offended or thought any one was going overboard. Thanks Guys :)

I could understand if he ordered the car expecting one thing and getting another. However, he bought the car from a dealer's stock. He should have looked before he bought. If it's that big of a deal, don't buy it.

I don't like it that they are not painted and there are some other things I don't like, as well. I wanted a Shelby GT500. I am willing to accept it the way it was produced. For the same money, you can buy a BMW 335i and it's quieter, just as much fun to drive (but in a different way), more comfortable, more polished, has no rust, but it's not a Shelby GT 500.

As for the purpose of the forum, it is for all of us. Sometimes people agree with you and sometimes they disagree. Most of the time, it's not a personal thing. As the old saying goes...if you can't take the heat....

On the other hand, it could be that being abused on the TS forum coupled with too many losses to Alabama, could have pushed War Eagle over the edge. :redcard:

I hope he comes back, too.

Easily irritated or annoyed? Ian (do you work for the government?), you are a mindreader! The fact that you can provide nothing which even remotely resembles an ounce of tech is nothing short of amazing. I've never actually met a troll in real life, but could you school me on what to do in case I ever come across one? Or maybe just a few hints on how to add nothing rational to a dead ended discussion but instead on how to fart and run?

Sorry Agent, I was just practicing some big corporate talk.

How's your popcorn, bud?

Sigh.

Wow. And all this time I figured you couldn't find your way out of a paper bag.

See? Do you like it when someone treats you like a child? No, you don't. Now quit your complaining and do some research. The kind that 'dealing with corporations' requires.

Tob

Tob,

I just don't understand you. You come into the 2010 part of the forum. You don't even own the car and you are giving us crap. Let us talk among ourselves without the BS. Oh and by the way War Eagles has been doing a ton of research. I've been doing the same by trying to find information about similar cars in it's class and price range. Going through forums looking for underside pictures to see what's going on with current cars. I argument is more then just a car displayed at a show.

So, basically from what I gather is that war eagle was trying to help the 2010 owners get something fixed on their car. And then when some 07-09 owners found this out they were butt hurt and decided to come here and start bitching about it? Why? Why would they even care? THen they make it sound like he/we are all whining about the problem when the reality of the situation is that there probably wasn't one 07-09 owner with the initiative that war eagle had to get this shit fixed, and that's why it never got done. So they had to come here and complain, when the real problem was probably their own lack of initiative. Amazes me how dense people can be. War eagle was a good guy, active member/poster and did not deserve one slight against what he was trying to do. He was trying to do something good, why in the hell would any other man fault him for that??

Man, if you have time to complain about someone trying to do something good then you seriously need to make yourself more busy and gtfo of here. There is alot more important things going on in this world that you should care about than OMFG war eagle is trying to get some axles painted for 2010 gt500 owners!!! Seriously

Going through forums looking for underside pictures to see what's going on with current cars. I argument is more then just a car displayed at a show.

What?

And then when some 07-09 owners found this out they were butt hurt and decided to come here and start bitching about it? Why? Why would they even care?

Because being violated isn't just a prison thing. And don't believe for one second that everyone does it just because you saw it on the internet (I won't tell).

Anyway, the corporate clock is ticking. Anyone find anything relevant yet or does someone else need to fart?

What?

Because being violated isn't just a prison thing. And don't believe for one second that everyone does it just because you saw it on the internet (I won't tell).

Anyway, the corporate clock is ticking. Anyone find anything relevant yet or does someone else need to fart?

Dude, we got our axles and this was my last post on this forum,

Steve

I ask again, why do you care so much??

Care about what? Is this about the butt thing or a car thingie (sorry if I got too technical).

Dude, we got our axles and this was my last post on this forum.

Until tomorrow? Dude, it is good that you got your axles. Wait a minute. What?

I've never actually met a troll in real life, but could you school me on what to do in case I ever come across one?

Tob,

A troll is someone who posts controversial, equivocating, ambiguous, or unclear responses to a genuine set of arguments. Those who do such things are called "an internet troll." Along with forum disrupting activities, such people often display other sociopathic tendencies.

If you come across anyone like this please let us know :lol: but first check that there are no full size mirrors in your immediate vicinity, and then run a mile in the opposite direction.

:lurk:

I just don't understand you. You come into the 2010 part of the forum. You don't even own the car and you are giving us crap. Let us talk among ourselves without the BS. Oh and by the way War Eagles has been doing a ton of research. I've been doing the same by trying to find information about similar cars in it's class and price range. Going through forums looking for underside pictures to see what's going on with current cars. I argument is more then just a car displayed at a show.

You guys and your specific fourms. So I assume you absolutely never visited the '07-'09 forums prior to getting your precious 2010? And who cares what you can dig up an undercarriage of different vehicle, equal value or not. Were all of your knees broken the day you got your cars? BEND DOWN. If you don't like something on the $50k you're about to purchase, WALK AWAY! To buy your car and then hear about the newer cars possible having painted axles, and expecting them for free is ridiculous! Ford is WELL aware of the clutch/flywheel issue with the '07-'09 models, but they still won't just up and replace the parts if there is no driving issues. You practically have to tow your car into some dealerships to get them to preform the work. Mustangs have always had rusty axles. Is this the first one you've owned???? :headscratch:

So, basically from what I gather is that war eagle was trying to help the 2010 owners get something fixed on their car. And then when some 07-09 owners found this out they were butt hurt and decided to come here and start bitching about it? Why? Why would they even care? THen they make it sound like he/we are all whining about the problem when the reality of the situation is that there probably wasn't one 07-09 owner with the initiative that war eagle had to get this shit fixed, and that's why it never got done. So they had to come here and complain, when the real problem was probably their own lack of initiative. Amazes me how dense people can be. War eagle was a good guy, active member/poster and did not deserve one slight against what he was trying to do. He was trying to do something good, why in the hell would any other man fault him for that??

Man, if you have time to complain about someone trying to do something good then you seriously need to make yourself more busy and gtfo of here. There is alot more important things going on in this world that you should care about than OMFG war eagle is trying to get some axles painted for 2010 gt500 owners!!! Seriously

No, no, no. Wareagle is expecting to get something that may or may not come on the new shelbys for free. Whether the new cars will in fact have axles painted is yet to be seen. And he was the guy who brought the years to be corrected into dispute. He asked another forum member, "Just curious, did you know you were buying a rusted car before you ordered it, or later when you joined this forum?" So I asked him whether he knew he was getting a rusted car before or after, and he quipped back, "Not trying to be rude but do you own a 2010? If not then the thread should be of no interest to you and the answer of no value to you." Implying that earlier years are not considered in his quest for something none of us paid for.

Dude, we got our axles and this was my last post on this forum,

Steve

Bye, bye. :cry:

:hysterical:

:shift:

Secret Agent Ian, I'm sorry. I tried to wade through your ramblings in search of something that even remotely resembles some tech. Did you have something to bring to the table? If not, please keep the line moving as you're slowing things down.

Besides, I'm still waiting for a genuine argument. Supposedly, someone has done 'hundreds of hours of research' but I still haven't seen a single photo of the alleged 2010 painted 'undercarriage' from the factory. Wait, that's right. I provided the only photo and the axle was bare.

And Ian, you're a sharp guy. Can you provide us with a counter to Ford's disclaimer? Son, what can you bring to the table besides terminal flatulence?

Archived