TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KR in showroom-Nasty!!

dukenrock

I happen to stop in the local Ford dealership to order my stripes and they had a new Black KR on the floor. They had driven the car from their Indianapolis dealership to their Fort Wayne dealership (some time ago) which is just over 100 miles and the car still had all of the road grime on it. The wheels were almost black!! I had them open the trunk and it was loaded with some kind of energy drinks from a prior promotion probably, and had a box (The car cover I assume) and 2 sets of floor mats. The subwoofer was all scratched up, the front carbon fiber spoiler had a large scratch in the top of it, the engine bay was filthy, and they had the car "Marked down" at 85K! I also found it strange that the car was unlocked when I arrived and was able to get in the car without anybody assisting me!! What a shame.

The KR have become a pain in the butt for some dealers. I see on the dealer board most are BEGGING to move them. I want to post that they could have SOLD them all for MSRP, but MOST of them wanted to get GREEDY and hold out for HUGE ADMs!!! Now because they wouldnt sell the cars they are STUCK with them! I will be the first to admit that I sold some GT500s OVER MSRP. At the time they were bringing it.

But the KR dealers were asking 50K over and NOT even thinking about coming off!

I hate to see these cars just sitting. One day we will be talking about all the KRs that were SITTING on lots and wouldnt sell

MM

The KR have become a pain in the butt for some dealers. I see on the dealer board most are BEGGING to move them. I want to post that they could have SOLD them all for MSRP, but MOST of them wanted to get GREEDY and hold out for HUGE ADMs!!! Now because they wouldnt sell the cars they are STUCK with them! I will be the first to admit that I sold some GT500s OVER MSRP. At the time they were bringing it.

I hate to see these cars just sitting. One day we will be talking about all the KRs that were SITTING on lots and wouldnt sell

MM

Look @ the 1970 Shelby GT500 . They were 69's that dealers could not sell so they changed the vin's over to 70 and they still sat on the lots. In 1971 you could not give a 70 Boss 302 away 3 or 6 month warranty main reason. Not saying the KR will follow this path but who knows.

MM

+1

This pic of a KR window sticker was taken Oct of 2008. The car is still there. They are now willing to sell it at a loss.

1IMG_1096.JPG

1IMG_1096.JPG

Archived