TEAM SHELBY FORUM

does Ford ABSOLUTELY deny any repairs/warranty on 725?

ORNGCRSH

Yes, I saw the dreaded oil stain in my garage floor. Taking her in Fri. am. (less than 800 miles.)

Just wondering if, in fact there is a major repair here, (seal), will Ford ademately say, "ha ha, 725 has no warranty"?

Or, are there dealer's that are still going to honor the factory warranty?

I may be jumping the gun here, but just thought I would see if anyone has had a repair that was denied/accepted.

Thanks

i think unless the damage is tied directly to the HP increase that they will help you out.

BUT....they do have the prerogative to refuse any warranty work once you SS the car, I believe.

I would give it a try. worse they can do is say no.... and presumably they want to sell you cars in the future

Ron

Yes, I saw the dreaded oil stain in my garage floor. Taking her in Fri. am. (less than 800 miles.)

Just wondering if, in fact there is a major repair here, (seal), will Ford ademately say, "ha ha, 725 has no warranty"?

Or, are there dealer's that are still going to honor the factory warranty?

I may be jumping the gun here, but just thought I would see if anyone has had a repair that was denied/accepted.

Thanks

My car went in to my local Ford dealer for the clutch TSB, and was covered under warranty with no hassle. Having said that, I have a great relationship with my dealer and I did also purchase my car from them as well.

Good luck, Mark

I agree with the second post. If they can prove that the UPGRADE caused the problem then they will NOT cover it.

Ford is really watching warranty work. I would still take it in and see what they say. The dealer could NEVER mention the upgrade to Ford!

Not saying its the right thing to do, but......

MM

Me again.........

Took it in, and here's the verdict:

Clutch, just as I insisted last year BEFORE I snaked it. The car had all the symptoms, shuddering really bad out of first, hissing, etc. It was progressively getting worse, even though I do not take her out much, I could feel/hear the difference. And, I fell into that build date window. But, they assured me at that time that I have no clutch issues. Having said that, the same dealership IS going to warranty the TSB. Their customer service is fantastic, afterall! Kudos to Ford Country.

When you have a situation like this occur, things could be aggravating enough, but, when they treat you like a real person, as he did with me today, it sho is refreshing.

And, by the way, good to hear from all you out there again, ESP. Michael!

Thanks.

Archived