TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Chapman Ford in Lancaster, Pa

sgt2343

Friend of mine called and said he was bringing his new 07 Shelby 500 over for me to look at. When he pulled in my driveway, the car looked very nice on till he told me that the car was not a real Shelby 500. Chapman Ford built the car when it was new. The previous owner gave my friend all of the original paper work that showed that Capman Ford built the car and added about $9,000 to the price. My friend gave $23,000 for this fake Shelby 500. This car has 5,000 miles on it.

Knowledge is everything, but asking for a simple CarFax would have revealed in a minute. And so would the lift of the hood, or simply the fact that it didn't have a six speed.

Hope the guy is happy with it.

Was the car sold as a clone? You say that "he" told you it was fake so he knew what he bought I hope. The price is certainly not near the price of a used 07 GT 500 ~$35,000.

I am trying to determine if the dealer actually sold it as a GT 500 or a Mustang with GT 500 styling.

I have seen lots of beautiful fake snakes. At that price and if it is good looking as you indicate, he may have gotten a good deal on a nice car.

If the car was passed off as a real GT 500, I have big problems with that.

Was the car sold as a clone? You say that "he" told you it was fake so he knew what he bought I hope. The price is certainly not near the price of a used 07 GT 500 ~$35,000.

I am trying to determine if the dealer actually sold it as a GT 500 or a Mustang with GT 500 styling.

I have seen lots of beautiful fake snakes. At that price and if it is good looking as you indicate, he may have gotten a good deal on a nice car.

If the car was passed off as a real GT 500, I have big problems with that.

He was told that the car was a fake.

I need help to upload pic. upload failed, file was larger than available space.

Another way to post it if you plan on being on here and other forums is to go open a free account at PhotoBucket.com or Webshots, then you simply copy the IMG link and paste it in your message. Just like the one below.

Grin.gif

Archived