TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Lethal Performance's 2010 GT500 New Track Times!

jared@lethal

We made out way up to PBIR again last night for some more testing on our 2010 GT500. This time we put some Hoosier 315/35/17 drag radials on the car and flashed it with a mild performance tune by Jon Lund which can be purchased directly through Lethal Performance. The conditions were the same as last time we went to the track. Hot, humid and muggy. No big deal as we had UPR's Jeremy Martorella with us who was ready to bang some gears.

Jeremy's first clean pass was a 11.83@117.02. Our previous best was a 12.47 on the stock tires with the stock tune. With a descent cool down Jeremy stepped up again and pulled off our best time to date a 11.76@117.63. That was with a 1.76 short time.

It was amazing how much the tune and tires helped. In regards to the tuning it was all done with SCT software and an SCT X3 to flash the tune onto the car. The tune is one of the easiest and most beneficial mods you can do to the car. The tunes come pre-loaded from us specific to your car and the octane you'll be running. Just plug the SCT X3 into the OBDII port under the dash and follow the simple instructions to flash the vehicle. The entire process takes about 5 minutes. What happens during this time is the SCT X3 actually downloads and saves your stock tune onto the device. This is done so that at a later date you can reflash your car back to stock within minutes. Once the stock tune is saved on the device you choose to flash the vehicle with the custom tune we provide. The device will go from 0-100% and when it's done loading the tune will notify you that the car has successfully been flashed. That 5-7 minutes just gave your 2010 GT500 up to 60rwhp depending on which octane tune you flashed the car with. We offer tunes for cars using 91, 93 and 100+ octane.

Big thanks to Jeremy from UPR, Charlie and Daniel from SCT, Jon Lund of Lund Racing and the rest of our friends for all their support.

What octane fuel were you running?

Any other mod's besides the tune and tires?

thx

93 octane.

Mild tune and tires. That's it.

We're going to be putting in the 93 Extreme tune tomorrow and do a back to back on the dyno. From what I'm told there's a noticeable difference between the mild to extreme tune.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared

This seems a little weird to me. I have a Jon Lund tune through Evo. However there were only 91, 93, and race gas options. Not mild and extreme versions of the same tune. I'm going to be a little pissed if I didn't get the "best" version of the tune. What the heck is the difference between both?

We made out way up to PBIR again last night for some more testing on our 2010 GT500. This time we put some Hoosier 315/35/17 drag radials on the car and flashed it with a mild performance tune by Jon Lund which can be purchased directly through Lethal Performance. The conditions were the same as last time we went to the track. Hot, humid and muggy. No big deal as we had UPR's Jeremy Martorella with us who was ready to bang some gears.

Jeremy's first clean pass was a 11.83@117.02. Our previous best was a 12.47 on the stock tires with the stock tune. With a descent cool down Jeremy stepped up again and pulled off our best time to date a 11.76@117.63. That was with a 1.76 short time.

It was amazing how much the tune and tires helped. In regards to the tuning it was all done with SCT software and an SCT X3 to flash the tune onto the car. The tune is one of the easiest and most beneficial mods you can do to the car. The tunes come pre-loaded from us specific to your car and the octane you'll be running. Just plug the SCT X3 into the OBDII port under the dash and follow the simple instructions to flash the vehicle. The entire process takes about 5 minutes. What happens during this time is the SCT X3 actually downloads and saves your stock tune onto the device. This is done so that at a later date you can reflash your car back to stock within minutes. Once the stock tune is saved on the device you choose to flash the vehicle with the custom tune we provide. The device will go from 0-100% and when it's done loading the tune will notify you that the car has successfully been flashed. That 5-7 minutes just gave your 2010 GT500 up to 60rwhp depending on which octane tune you flashed the car with. We offer tunes for cars using 91, 93 and 100+ octane.

Big thanks to Jeremy from UPR, Charlie and Daniel from SCT, Jon Lund of Lund Racing and the rest of our friends for all their support.

Where can I buy the tires/ wheels.??

This seems a little weird to me. I have a Jon Lund tune through Evo. However there were only 91, 93, and race gas options. Not mild and extreme versions of the same tune. I'm going to be a little pissed if I didn't get the "best" version of the tune. What the heck is the difference between both?

Keep in mind that these cars are so new that tuners are learning more and more about them and their computers as time goes on. The tunes will continue to improve as long as there's still things about the 2010 to be figured out.

As far as what differentiates a mild to an extreme tune I don't know as I'm not a tuner. However from my experience with the 2010 GT500 so far it may have to do with turning some of the stock computers safety features down or off which tend to pull timing and restrict throttle.

Hope that helps.

Jared

Where can I buy the tires/ wheels.??

We're currently running a 99-04 offset wheel which sticks out past the fender by about an inch or so as they 05+ has a higher offset. They still bolt right up and won't cause an issue unless your car is lowered enough to where the tire would hit the fender.

The wheels and tires are linked below.

Any 17x10.5 for the 99-04 will work. We're using the Chrome Cobra replicas but a FR500's or Bullitt's will work as well.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/03-04-svt...s-c-16_785_1539

Hoosier 315/35/17 DR's

http://www.lethalperformance.com/03-04-svt...-radial-p-11209

Archived