TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New KR for $47,215 ?????? Really?

sportscars

I dont think dealers can sell those cars. I know a guy at a local ford dealer whose had a KR on his lot since feb and they are starting to lose money on it cuz of the interest they are paying on it at this point. He dropped his down to 53k i think, i cant remember. But 47k for that one? I like that color combo. If only i had a 4th car garage spot:(

Looks like they have officially broken the $50k barrier. Here's another on eBay, no reserve, and currently under $50k.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustan...5fCarsQ5fTrucks

Quite some time ago, when there was a lot of mud-slinging going on here about KR pricing, one punter predicted that the cars would drop to $50k. There was a follow-up flame-trail of "you're crazy, that's impossible, never happen" posts. I may go back and try and dig up that post, but anyone who called out the original poster as crazy should now post an apology - seems he got it right...

As usual, no offense to KR owners, but I made two great financial decision last year - one was *not* buying a property in San Francisco, and the other was *not* buying a KR... :->

Chris.

I dont think dealers can sell those cars. I know a guy at a local ford dealer whose had a KR on his lot since feb and they are starting to lose money on it cuz of the interest they are paying on it at this point. He dropped his down to 53k i think, i cant remember. But 47k for that one? I like that color combo. If only i had a 4th car garage spot:(

and a wife that won't shoot me.

I called Lone Star Ford about the 09 KR and NO, that is not the correct price. The $47,215 price is the base price without the Shelby ad on price. Their price is $74,900 according to Scott the salesman so this is obviously a no go, although case probably could be made about their advertising it at that sooooooooooo itcould be bought for that.

As for the unreserved ebay auction........well that's an easy one, if the auction does not get close to their reserve 24 hours before the auction ends, the dealer just pulls the auction. It's an old trick used a million times on ebay, cheap advertising for the dealership. There is no way this car will go for below $50k, in this auction. Maybe next year but not a chance this month.

QSS

Good follow up QSS...I did the same thing.....they sure were a hard dealership to get in touch with....and had one very rude salesman that I discussed this car with.

Legally speaking, error or not, they have to honor an advertised price, so one could make a big stink if they wanted....a co-worker of mine got a great deal on a Toyota Sequoia due to erronous internet advertising.

They told me they are having internal server issues, and cannot get the "changes" to take place showing the correct price as QSS stated above....I'm sure that's the case.

-Sudguy4

technically not a new car, its used, lol

not a dealer..

Interesting, I wonder what the story is here. Orus works for a dealership (Rich Ford), and these cars have apparently never moved or been titled - which I think means they come with a full warranty and are effectively "new", right? I'm guessing someone was speculating, and realized that the market for these cars isn't what they were hoping...

Chris.

Edit: Interesting, the Rich Ford website has a link to Orus' website, which lists one Black on Black for sale ("never titled, still in MSO"),

http://www.gt500stangs.com/specials/storespecials.html

and their online inventory shows a silver '08 and a blue '09 (which are listed as GT500s, but must be KRs as they are asking $110k+).

http://www.rich-ford.com/New-Inventory.asp...nkargument=page

Methinks there is still a *lot* of KR inventory out there...

Chris.

Interesting, I wonder what the story is here. Orus works for a dealership (Rich Ford), and these cars have apparently never moved or been titled - which I think means they come with a full warranty and are effectively "new", right? I'm guessing someone was speculating, and realized that the market for these cars isn't what they were hoping...

Chris.

Edit: Interesting, the Rich Ford website has a link to Orus' website, which lists one Black on Black for sale ("never titled, still in MSO"),

http://www.gt500stangs.com/specials/storespecials.html

and their online inventory shows a silver '08 and a blue '09 (which are listed as GT500s, but must be KRs as they are asking $110k+).

http://www.rich-ford.com/New-Inventory.asp...nkargument=page

Methinks there is still a *lot* of KR inventory out there...

Chris.

Chris, how is the 5.0 running?

Chris, how is the 5.0 running?

Running great thanks! She put down 500RWHP. Running a little rich though (she is still completely stock), and I am working through that with an Engineer at SMS to try and figure out the problem. Once we track down the cause of the low A/F ratio (10.0), she should pick up a few ponies and get closer to the rated 620BHP (so I am expecting 540-560 at the wheels). I unfortunately never got behind the wheel of a KR, so I can't compare the feel, but she handles beautifully (this is a 2008 Saleen S302E, by the way...).

As another aside, I noticed that "my" 2008 GT500KR (i.e. the one I had a deposit on for almost two years, but finally decided against a few weeks before it was delivered) is still for sale at Novato Ford. They have it listed at $46325, but that is of course not the correct price (they have it listed as a regular GT500, and priced as such). I wonder if they would let me test drive it now... :shift:

It does make me wonder just how many unsold KR's there are out there. There should be a way to find that out, right?

Chris.

Running great thanks! She put down 500RWHP. Running a little rich though (she is still completely stock), and I am working through that with an Engineer at SMS to try and figure out the problem. Once we track down the cause of the low A/F ratio (10.0), she should pick up a few ponies and get closer to the rated 620BHP (so I am expecting 540-560 at the wheels). I unfortunately never got behind the wheel of a KR, so I can't compare the feel, but she handles beautifully (this is a 2008 Saleen S302E, by the way...).

As another aside, I noticed that "my" 2008 GT500KR (i.e. the one I had a deposit on for almost two years, but finally decided against a few weeks before it was delivered) is still for sale at Novato Ford. They have it listed at $46325, but that is of course not the correct price (they have it listed as a regular GT500, and priced as such). I wonder if they would let me test drive it now... :shift:

It does make me wonder just how many unsold KR's there are out there. There should be a way to find that out, right?

Chris.

I am not positive if I am accurate, Roush Rep told me in May there were over 1600 total 2008 and 2009 shelbys still in dealer hands, some of them were KRs of course. The prices are great at this time 60 for new one at Earnhardt would be tough to beat!

Chris.

Chris, if SMS can't help try JDM Eng, they could help you.

http://www.teamjdm.com/

Archived