TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Potenial newbie here from Aloha State, need advise please!

marky128

I have seen a used 2007 Shelby GT (CSM 07SGT0448) shipped from Californis and have fallen in love!

I just have a few concerns after reading a few threads here that maybe someone here can help me with.

Without sounding like beating a dead horse but it relates to the stripe/scope issue! This particular Shelby (white) has 24K and slight bubbling on the top stripe. The dealer does not know if the stripe/scoop have been replaced with the newer better ones. The Carfax does not say (not sure if it would anyway)! Regardless, my concern is:

1. Weather it will definitely happen, just a matter of time or i am a lucky one if there is such a thing?

2. Are there any % numbers as to how many owners are affected by this issue?

3. Will Humidity have an increased affect?

4. Keep reading that Acid Rain is the key culprit on the stripe/scope issue, whats the real opinion of Shelby owners or just some crap Ford are giving?

Your opinions will be full appreciated.

Thanks again.

I have seen a used 2007 Shelby GT (CSM 07SGT0448) shipped from Californis and have fallen in love!

I just have a few concerns after reading a few threads here that maybe someone here can help me with.

Without sounding like beating a dead horse but it relates to the stripe/scope issue! This particular Shelby (white) has 24K and slight bubbling on the top stripe. The dealer does not know if the stripe/scoop have been replaced with the newer better ones. The Carfax does not say (not sure if it would anyway)! Regardless, my concern is:

1. Weather it will definitely happen, just a matter of time or i am a lucky one if there is such a thing?

4. Keep reading that Acid Rain is the key culprit on the stripe/scope issue, whats the real opinion of Shelby owners or just some crap Ford are giving?

Thanks again.

The stripes, chances are, will not be covered given the age and milage but you can always try!

The scoop, if it has issues, should still be covered under the 3/36. The car is #448 so if it has REAL rivets the scoop has been replaced at least once. Can't say if it's the newest one, but again if it looks good, that's about all you can do for now. The warranty work should come up in OASIS I believe, maybe one of our friends from a dealership can help with that. If the scoop was replaced knowing when will help.

For information on warranty work process go to:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=42709

Good luck!

Thanks again.

I lived in Maui, Hawaii for a little over a year and had my 96 GT shipped over there so I could drive it during my stay there...I think if you are concerned about the stripes, you would be better off having them painted on. I know that I had issues with water spots on my RED GT when the apartments would turn on their sprinklers...I couldn't find anything that would cut the spots. Plus the fall out from the burning of the sugar cane will definately ruin the vinyl stripes if you get that where you are at...On Maui, the red volcanic powder would also cause issues with the stripes...I never could get my apartment clean for all of that stuff blowing in all the time...And the salty air there will wreak havoc with the vinyl Silver stripes as well I'm sure...

Paint them on and you'll have a very nice car...leave them like they came originally and I think you'll be very disappointed with how they look in a very short time...

:happy feet: You would love the car. The stripe issue is real and when I bought by 07 SGT new, the stripes already were beginning to "spot". The dealer offered to replace them but I just decided to paint the stripes. Best decision I ever made, it's been over a year and the stripes are still perfect. I added the CS-6 (Hertz hood) at this time also. Most tape type striping will have issues long before a painted surface. My logic on this was that as I drive the car, rock chips will appear on the front of the car so it is much easier to repaint a lower valance then mess with attempting to match tape striping material. If you plan on having the SGT parked in the garage most of the time, then the tape stripes will probably last, but I drive my car everywhere, including vacations. Hope this helps. :shift:

Think im just gonna buy it either way. I'm just gonna replace the stripes worse case. Not gonna let that get in the way of me getting a SHELBY. :happy feet:

Thanks for everyones advise... really appreciate it. My first time posting on any forum and its been a positive experience.

i'm gonna make an offer... fingers crossed.

Its been sitting in the dealer for about 4 months now, so i think he kinda wants to sell it. Was £32900 then £29900 now £28900. Whats a good starting point you think??? Don't forget cars in hawaii do cost more than the mainland.

Think im just gonna buy it either way. I'm just gonna replace the stripes worse case. Not gonna let that get in the way of me getting a SHELBY. :happy feet:

Thanks for everyones advise... really appreciate it. My first time posting on any forum and its been a positive experience.

i'm gonna make an offer... fingers crossed.

Its been sitting in the dealer for about 4 months now, so i think he kinda wants to sell it. Was £32900 then £29900 now £28900. Whats a good starting point you think??? Don't forget cars in hawaii do cost more than the mainland.

If it's been sitting for a while I would low ball them big time. Check out prices on the internet for reference then go low.

I like your decision on the stripes. You can always replace later or paint if you want. Good luck.

Archived