TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Recent Dealer Communication Tread

NVWSSV

I was talking to so-called management. And yes, I'm sure there are Toyota dealers out there that think they walk on water, but this dealer put the nail in the coffin for good.

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. Care to elaborate on what happened?

As an aside: I've had a bunch of Fords, 2 Chevy's, 1 Chrysler, 1 Toyota and 2 Hondas in my short life (in my 30's). I've had bad experiences with each brand of dealer - so much so that I've sworn off ever buying from a dealer from each brand over totally unethical practices. Last was a Honda dealership that pulled what we're seeing on the GT500 with their Odyssey minivan that came out in 2005. I was fortunate that I had a reationship with another Honda dealership 1.5 hrs away that treated me right and was happy to help me. In short - $$ makes fools of "good" people. I don't know your situation, but I'd make sure to pass it along to the BBB or State A.G. if it was anything illegal. Life is too short to put up with cr*p :censored: !

I see. So what your saying is some days don't suck.............. ;)

Yeah, thanks kepfordj. It's not set in stone (hey - I could piss him off some day and have it all fall apart - he IS a customer!!), but at least I see a little daylight at the end of the tunnel.

Although, NVWSSV's news really sucks. Whatever happened doesn't sound good. :shrug:

I can’t even describe how livid I am right now. Pardon my French in the following sentences, this may get me banned but this is how I really feel right now so f@#& it.

Michael Rainey and his ghetto ass sales staff at Bill Pierre Ford in Seattle can lick my sweaty ball s**k. Ford is now a four-letter word to me. F@#& you and your so-called customer service Bill Pierre Ford. Once I was a Mustang Enthusiast ready to purchase at GT500 and an F-150, now Toyota will have a loyal customer because instead of buying those two vehicles next week, I’ll be purchasing a Tundra Limited Double Cab 4x4.

Never have I ever been so humiliated or treaded like such a piece of dog s#(t than when I talked to Michael Rainey. Having worked in retail sales and marketing for over 15 years, I never in my wildest dreams thought that a sales person could treat a customer as poorly as the crack head, s(^t f@#&ers at Bill Pierre Ford. Who they hell do they think they are? F@#& Ford, I hope they go down like Enron.

This kind of B.S, I too can't believe it, is why I started the Thread, "So Who's Going to End Up With an 07' Shelby??". When a Guy like NVWSSV gets screwed by his Dealer, you know there's a HUGE problem at Ford and her Dealerships!

So now there are Two, so far, NVWSSV and CRISPY. I'm personally Mad As Hell :censored:

I hate to read threads about un-happy Ford customers :(

What happened here? I didn't read any specifics?

I'm with him. When you make a post saying that you're no longer buying a GT500, and instead buying a new Tundra, it makes us *all* wonder exactly what this place did to you. I am in no way discounting your claim or its validity, I'm just curious. I've had my share of issues with salespeople, service managers, and general managers. Can you let us in on exactly what they did? If it makes you feel any better, I'll share my SVT Focus story. In any case, I'm really sorry that you were treated badly. :(

I'm with him. When you make a post saying that you're no longer buying a GT500,

Oh, I still want to buy a GT500, it just will never be from Bill Pierre Ford. Specifics? I'm trying to put the conversation behind me but when a dealer tells you, in a very short and pompous manner, that they have already sold one to a loyal customer that came to them after I have been on their list for over a year now at #3 and sold it to him "for only $15,000 over MSRP because he is a good customer and that the rest of their GT500's will be sold for a minimum of $25,000 over MSRP," "we are only getting 2 cars," which is total BS, and "no, you can't place an order. We will call you when a car comes in and you can decide if you want it." There was much more to the conversation, I was outright lied to a few times (I called him on it each time), I’m just trying to forget it.

And it wasn't just this one conversation; it was the straw that broke my back. Over the last week I had called 4 times to talk to Michael Raimey but was brushed aside every time. Each time I called I was put through to a different person, I even received a call from their "Business Development Center" after my 3rd call. This is just someone that makes calls for the sales staff when they don't feel like making follow up calls. That was very unprofessional in my opinion. He never once returned any of my messages.

When I finally reached Michael Raimey, he treated me as if I was a complete inconvenience to him. His overall attitude and his God-like demeanor towards me was sickening. Apparently I am just a minion to him in his Kingdom. He definitely loves himself too much.

I’ve worked so hard, saved money by sacrificing, and contacted Bill Pierre Ford on a consistent but not annoying basis for over a year just to let them know I’m still interested in the GT500 in an effort to be a good customer to them. I was always open and honest about my sincerity of purchasing the GT500. Over this year I have personally talked to 3 new car sales managers. The first guy I talked to a year ago was fantastic, the second guy didn’t last very long but seemed to be a good guy, and now Michael, who I have personally talked to twice before yesterday.

It’s crying shame that Ford allows dealers to put people in management positions that have absolutely no customer communication skills what so ever. In Fords “New Way Forward” plan, maybe they should take a hard look at the way their dealers treat their customers. Ford can build the most innovative and stylish vehicles, but without satisfied customers on the sales floor, their efforts will be futile. It has become very clear to me why Ford is in such dire straights.

I know I was a bit harsh in earlier posts and maybe I haven't captured the entire mood of my conversation very well here, but believe me, I have never had such a poor experience with a sales person in any capacity.

Mr.Suds, can your wife send me some of your special pills?

NVMSSV, Hang in there. I trust that you will find your car, pay no more than MSRP and be treated well.

If I hear of any available, I'll let you know. I'm sure other members will do the same. We have to stick together and help each other out. I would think all these other members would do the same for you.

NVMSSV, Hang in there. I trust that you will find your car, pay no more than MSRP and be treated well.

If I hear of any available, I'll let you know. I'm sure other members will do the same. We have to stick together and help each other out. I would think all these other members would do the same for you.

Thank you 5.4, and thank you everyone that sent a PM with words of encouragement. It's appreciated.

:happy feet: After all the horror stories told by people that have talked to their dealers I was almost afraid to go see him. But I drove over this afternoon to talk with them a bit to tell them I'm intersted in ordering a car. I met with my salesman Mark who last month I talked with when I took a test drive in a V6 mustang on a "$50 in free gas promotion". He listened as I told him what I want and that the order banks open on Mon. He said wait here and went and got the Dealer principal Mat who explained to me that he knew he was gonna get one and it was spoken for a long time ago. I told him he would likely get 2. He said nobody has spoken for the 2nd one so when he found out more next week he would give me a call. There are sometimes it really pays to live in the middle of nowhere. :)

:happy feet: After all the horror stories told by people that have talked to their dealers I was almost afraid to go see him. But I drove over this afternoon to talk with them a bit to tell them I'm intersted in ordering a car. I met with my salesman Mark who last month I talked with when I took a test drive in a V6 mustang on a "$50 in free gas promotion". He listened as I told him what I want and that the order banks open on Mon. He said wait here and went and got the Dealer principal Mat who explained to me that he knew he was gonna get one and it was spoken for a long time ago. I told him he would likely get 2. He said nobody has spoken for the 2nd one so when he found out more next week he would give me a call. There are sometimes it really pays to live in the middle of nowhere. :)

Great news! Any word on how they're pricing it to you or was that subject verboten?

This dealer as never done ADM, so it would suprise me if it's brought up.

Very cool. BTW - I was just out near your neck of the woods the other week - Marshall, MN and out to Ivanhoe and Canby (was a guest lecturer at the Tech college in Canby). Yeah - you ARE in the middle of nowhere!! :D

NVWSSV - I'm really sorry to hear about how badly Bill Pierre Ford in Lake City (Seattle) treated you. Keep in mind that they are the "Pierre Money Mart" that advertises that they can get anyone a loan regardless of credit. They prey on less than fortunate customers. About ten years ago (before I was in the car biz) I bought a new truck from them and will never go back to them.

There are many other dealers in the Seattle area - some are very good dealers. Here's my short list of favorite Seattle/Tacoma area dealers....

• Bowen Scarff Ford in Kent
  • Bickford Motors in Snohomish
  • Pacific Coast Ford in Federal Way
  • Van Cleve Ford in Morton

Who knows if you can get a GT500 from any of these dealers as they're likely all sold out of 2007 early allocation, but perhaps one of us can get you a later 2007 or 2008 GT500. Get your name on as many dealers' list as possible to maximize your chances.

Hang in there! I still firmly believe that everyone who wants a GT500 will be able to get one eventually. Just gonna take a lot of patience and looking!

Thanks Five Oh B. Now that I've calmed down, I'm going to try and write an e-mail to the owner or GM. I'd like to CC it to Ford as well. Do you know if there is a Consumer Service e-mail?

BTW, a huge storm is heading your way, it's really nasty over here right now. Major lightning.

Thanks Five Oh B. Now that I've calmed down, I'm going to try and write an e-mail to the owner or GM. I'd like to CC it to Ford as well. Do you know if there is a Consumer Service e-mail?

BTW, a huge storm is heading your way, it's really nasty over here right now. Major lightning.

I feel really bad that you were treated so poorly, but I can't say I'm shocked. It's more common that you think, actually. I['m glad you've calmed down, though. The last time a Ford dealer screwed me, I called their customer service hotline. In fact, I did so every other day for over a month. My parting words were "You can stick your Fords...........I'm going to buy a new 300M". Ironically, two months later, we bought a brand new Ranger, LOL.

Sometimes the owner of the dealership is where the problem actually lies. When I was selling cars at the local Dodge dealership the new car manager told a guy that he could buy a Viper for MSRP. This was when the Viper was first being introduced. The new car manager didn't know much about Vipers because this is truck country and sports cars aren't real strong sellers. He called me into his office because I was the resident sports car freak and knew more about the Vipers than anyone else did. ( In all honesty, customers like us are a pain in the neck for salespeople because we do know more about the product than most salespeople, and the salespeople have little incentive to learn much about these cars unless they have a personal interest as I do, in most areas of the country you aren't going to make a living selling sports cars) I told the customer all about them and the next day he called me back and said he wanted to order one. He asked me what he needed to do, so I asked the new car manager how he wanted to handle it. He told me to talk to the owner. When I told him the new car manager had told the customer that he coud buy it at MSRP the owner immediately back-pedaled. he said the new car manager had spoken out of turn, and that I had to get aother $5000. He told me that we had to send a mechanic off to a week long school to become certified to work on the Viper and that we had to buy $1500 worth of specialized tools. This was all correct iformation. When I relayed the information to the customer he was understandably upset. He said he would be glad to go to the school, buy the tools for himself and pay MSRP. The customer was a certified mechanic, so these things were plausible, but the owner would not go for it. The customer said the money was not the issue, it was the principle of the matter. The owner kept telling me he could sell our allocated Viper to another dealer for more than MSRP, my argument was that it would be great to have the car local and have it sitting in our showroom for awhile. To make a long story short, the customer went 50 miles up the road and ordered his Viper. He attended the Viper school, I'm not sure who ended up with the tools, but I do know that the other dealer sold close to a dozen Vipers over the next few years, and the dealership I worked for never sold one! Not even to another dealership! The dealer tripped over a quarter to save a dime, and I missed out on a very nice commission even if we did sell it at MSRP! The fact is, that most salespeople waste alot of time talking to gear heads like us, most of them try to be polite, but when there are 15 people on a list for 2 or 3 cars the likelyhood that they will actually end up selling one is pretty slim. They don't get paid unless they are selling something, so you can understand their frustration at having to answer a bunch of questiosn about a car they will probably never sell.

I drove through that nasty storm yesterday in the Mach 1. Luckily, I put Pirelli PZero Nero M+S tires on recently (275/40/17's) and they are awesome in nasty weather.

The guy at Bill Pierre Ford you want to talk to is Jamie Pierre - he took over the dealership from his dad awhile back. BPF is one of those old-school dealers, so good luck getting any empathy or apologies out of them.

Ford doesn't have an e-mail that will get you directly to anyone. The have a phone #, though. I forget the number, but it is in the back of any and all Ford owners manuals. You could always e-mail Bill Ford, Jr. I think his e-mail is floating around somewhere here. Something like bford@ford.com?

You mean like the guys that have answering our questions for the last year???

KingCobra.

Exactly. like my buddy at the local Ford store said - I could care less about having a Ford GT in the showroom, I'd rather have 20 more 4X4 pickups to sell. They aren't car nuts like us, they're businessmen.

Archived