TEAM SHELBY FORUM

WOW Weeeeee!

if the car is as advertised .... very great price

I just showed this deal to Marji, her response was :censored: and :mad: then :banghead: and lastly :slapfight: .

Soooooo I won't be the very lucky owner of that KR.

Don't give up.....you've got to try the old " honey, you know I really :wub: you and I was thinking.......". If that doesn't work you can throw the old, "whadda ya mean no??? :angry2:. Why not?" Finally, you gotta pull out old reliable and go for the gusto " :cry: " .

Hell, it's worth a try aint it?

QSS

Don't give up.....you've got to try the old " honey, you know I really :wub: you and I was thinking.......". If that doesn't work you can throw the old, "whadda ya mean no??? :angry2: . Why not?" Finally, you gotta pull out old reliable and go for the gusto " :cry: " .

Hell, it's worth a try aint it?

QSS

I like the way you think QSS.

What? The 08's are banned from Canada?

If you buy an 08KR from a Ford dealership in Canada thats ok. If you buy an 08KR in the USA and try to import into Canada, thats against the law. If you buy an 09KR in the USA and try to import into Canada, that's OK.

I know this is crazy but it is true, I happen to be an expert on this.

If you would like to read more of my RANTINGS on this subject, check out this thread.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=45693

It makes me shiver just thinking about it all.

QSS

If you buy an 08KR from a Ford dealership in Canada thats ok. If you buy an 08KR in the USA and try to import into Canada, thats against the law. If you buy an 09KR in the USA and try to import into Canada, that's OK.

If you would like to read more of my RANTINGS on this subject, check out this thread.

QSS

Earnnhardts Ford has an 09 silver and blue one left for 59k.(I think its number 174)

I bought one from them and had the car shipped . Very easy to deal with no complaints.

Person I dealt with was great Noah contact number (480) 232-7128

Both Cars gone to one buyer, I called to see what deposit would be required for silver one, too late he took my number if buyer weasels! If i get i would try and sell mine blue one for 61

one thing to remeber is this would not be purchased from a dealer would need to tranfer warranty ( no big deal), there also is potential risk that dsomething could go very wrong with the deal, would be a good buy, one at a dealer would be worth more just because!

So BOTH these cars are GONE now?! Bummer...I NEED to be watching the market more; I'm pretty sure I could DO it at that price!! Please let me know if you see anymore at 60K or below..."The THRILL is in the HUNT!" :shift:

THANKS 'GT500-07!!" It won't work either, but one of the members hooked me up w/ the actual Dealership Name etc....in Texas...only thing is the Dealer phone # is MISSING one of the digits...I'm HOPING the last 4 are "7200...." wish me luck...whew!!

So BOTH these cars are GONE now?! Bummer...I NEED to be watching the market more; I'm pretty sure I could DO it at that price!! Please let me know if you see anymore at 60K or below..."The THRILL is in the HUNT!" :shift:

Earnnhardts Ford has an 09 silver and blue one left for 59k.(I think its number 174)

I bought one from them and had the car shipped . Very easy to deal with no complaints.

QSS

What the hell? I can't access the thread. Can you tell me why it is against the law to bring in an 08? I live in Alberta too.

OK, sounds awesome! THANKS "Black Shelby"! I'll keep you all posted; the phone # to the Dealer in Texas from last night when I was trying to call was missing a digit!! NO JOY!! Couldn't find it or get through and now on Ebay it seems to be "GONE In Sixty Seconds..." :cry::doh::banghead:

THANKS AGAIN!!

THANKS AGAIN, NOAH is a great guy as you said but unfortunately it already had sold. I've found a used one @ a Dealer a few hours from me; right color etc. BUT it has 1K miles on it already and who knows?? MAYBE these were put on a 1/4 Mile at a time!!?? ; > DOH!!

THANKS AGAIN, NOAH is a great guy as you said but unfortunately it already had sold. I've found a used one @ a Dealer a few hours from me; right color etc. BUT it has 1K miles on it already and who knows?? MAYBE these were put on a 1/4 Mile at a time!!?? ; > DOH!!

Planet Ford has one currently listed on eBay with a BIN of $59,999.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...RK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Spring, Texas

PLANET FORD · 20403 I-45 NORTH SPRING, TX 77388

281 719 3720

I was just at my local dealership today - they still have their silver '08 sitting there, with a big red tag showing the marked-down price of $64,925. Frontier Ford 408 241 1800. My experience is that you can usually knock them down from the advertised price, so you might get lucky.

Interesting point I noticed when looking at the car. After all the "hood-talk", I took a really good look at the hood on this one, and I noticed that the hood bolts on it were worn and a little rounded - like they had been worked on a couple of times (and likely with the wrong sized wrench). Is that common on all KR's, or has the hood been off this one at some point?

Chris.

Spring, Texas

281 719 3720

I was just at my local dealership today - they still have their silver '08 sitting there, with a big red tag showing the marked-down price of $64,925. Frontier Ford 408 241 1800. My experience is that you can usually knock them down from the advertised price, so you might get lucky.

Interesting point I noticed when looking at the car. After all the "hood-talk", I took a really good look at the hood on this one, and I noticed that the hood bolts on it were worn and a little rounded - like they had been worked on a couple of times (and likely with the wrong sized wrench). Is that common on all KR's, or has the hood been off this one at some point?

Chris.

Yeah I looked at it too Chris...even the color looks pretty off from the rest of the body. if it was Vista it would be already gone!

Hey Guys!

THANKS AGAIN for all this help and advice etc. I THINK I'm getting real close now; I've found a used on near me w/ like 985 MILES on it...Dealer Salesman says it was "Technically a REPO..." (apparently previous owner never even made Payment One on it!!! BUT managed to DRIVE it nearly 1K Miles! LOL! ....WEIRD because the timeline on it for it's "IN SERVICE Date" is SEPT 2008!! So it's already burned through it's first year of Factory Warranty...I'm wondering how long it took before they REPOED it finally....you never know. Guess I'd better ask for a CAR FAX on it for sure too...)

Bottomline is; they'll "let it go" for $52K apparently; it's been advertised at 56K + Change; but as other guys have said; WHY paid 56+ when you can get a 'Brand-New-Still-In-The-Wrapper" one for 59,900???

ALSO: Chris -- you mentioned you Local Dealer HAS a Silver one w/ the Red Ribbon w/ a sale price but what's the Dealership Name & Phone # Please?? I missed it somehow...those are some GOOD tips you both gave too about the HOOD and the Hood Pins on it...."Hmmmm.....????" We'll see. But if you get me a number I"ll call on it for sure; I've got a few dealers working with me at the same time....I'll keep you posted; NEED advice on that Used One above though for 52K?! WHAT to do?!! UGH!

THANKS again All!!

J1B!

Yeah I looked at it too Chris...even the color looks pretty off from the rest of the body. if it was Vista it would be already gone!

ALSO: Chris -- you mentioned you Local Dealer HAS a Silver one w/ the Red Ribbon w/ a sale price but what's the Dealership Name & Phone # Please??

Frontier Ford, (408) 241 1800

Novato Ford has a Black one, (415) 892-4286

Bottomline is; they'll "let it go" for $52K apparently; it's been advertised at 56K + Change; but as other guys have said; WHY paid 56+ when you can get a 'Brand-New-Still-In-The-Wrapper" one for 59,900???

Is that the one from Joe Machens Ford? Offer them $50k, that way I'll win my bet that someone buys a KR this year for 50 grand! :happy feet:

Seriously, I would take a long, hard look before buying a known repo, but if you can pick one up for 8-10 grand under the current retail price, that may be worth considering...

Vehicle: 2008 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 (1ZVHT88S685187724)

Event date Location Odometer reading Data Source Details

09/30/2008 MI

Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:254W2740086)

TEMPORARY TITLE

09/30/2008 MI

Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL

11/14/2008 ALGONQUIN, IL

12/08/2008 ALGONQUIN, IL

Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:X8343675377)(Lien Reported)

08/16/2009 IL

Auto Auction REPORTED AT AUTO AUCTION

08/17/2009 IL

Auto Auction AUCTION ANNOUNCED AS FLEET/LEASE

Chris.

ALSO: Chris -- you mentioned you Local Dealer HAS a Silver one w/ the Red Ribbon w/ a sale price but what's the Dealership Name & Phone # Please?? I missed it somehow...those are some GOOD tips you both gave too about the HOOD and the Hood Pins on it...."Hmmmm.....????" We'll see. But if you get me a number I"ll call on it for sure; I've got a few dealers working with me at the same time....I'll keep you posted; NEED advice on that Used One above though for 52K?! WHAT to do?!! UGH!

THANKS again All!!

J1B!

The Ford Store in Morgan Hill CA. (408.782.8201) has two, black 08, and silver '09, they're adverting 65k, but when I was in there 2 weeks ago, talking to them about 08, they were salivating...and could easily be talked down...I had driven my '68KR there, so they knew that I knew what is was talking about, good luck in your search

THANKS GUYS!! AWESOME input and tips as always!! My Bank's just gonna LUV me when I call to get something in the works. I TRIED the 50K offer on the Used one..NO dice at least yesterday...they were going to "SEE about the 51K offer..." but I've not heard back...Don't hate the Player; HATE the GAME!! : > I'll keep you all posted and I'll be CALLING on most of these things you've given me here today!! Thanks for all the support and well-wishes! You guys ROCK! (Then again, don't ALL Shelby People?!! : >)

THANKS AGAIN!!

-J1B!

The Ford Store in Morgan Hill CA. (408.782.8201) has two, black 08, and silver '09, they're adverting 65k, but when I was in there 2 weeks ago, talking to them about 08, they were salivating...and could easily be talked down...I had driven my '68KR there, so they knew that I knew what is was talking about, good luck in your search

Frontier Ford, (408) 241 1800

Novato Ford has a Black one, (415) 892-4286

Hey Chris, AWESOME input!! Man, unreal -- Alqonquin Illinois is near where I was born and raised...my Mom and Brothers still live in the NW Chicago Burbs out that way..what a small world...i AM very concerned though about a "Repoed car"...I'm NOT positive it's Joe Machens Ford though...this one is at a Dealer in Missouri...can't recall the name...I've called so many!! LOL!! This KR has 983 Miles supposedly and is Silver/Blue...they've had it on Ebay this week for BIN @ 56,900 -- it's a Dealer in Columbia, MO...I really SHOULD go look at it...in fact, I'll do just that next Friday IF they still have it...maybe I SHOULD forget my 51K offer and stick to 50 grand per your bet...LOL!! :happy feet: :hysterical:

THANKS AGAIN CHRIS!! You're the Man!!

Is that the one from Joe Machens Ford? Offer them $50k, that way I'll win my bet that someone buys a KR this year for 50 grand! :happy feet:

Seriously, I would take a long, hard look before buying a known repo, but if you can pick one up for 8-10 grand under the current retail price, that may be worth considering...

Vehicle: 2008 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 (1ZVHT88S685187724)

Event date Location Odometer reading Data Source Details

09/30/2008 MI

Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:254W2740086)

TEMPORARY TITLE

09/30/2008 MI

11/14/2008 ALGONQUIN, IL

12/08/2008 ALGONQUIN, IL

Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:X8343675377)(Lien Reported)

08/16/2009 IL

Auto Auction REPORTED AT AUTO AUCTION

08/17/2009 IL

Auto Auction AUCTION ANNOUNCED AS FLEET/LEASE

Chris.

Spring, Texas

281 719 3720

Is this one still available from Planet Ford?

Archived