TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Show your 'Stang

GT500_KR

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Really? Awesome! You drive all the way from AR?

Yes it is about a 2 1/2 hour drive I also work on the John Q Hammons Hotel in Springfield and there corp office. I think we are going to upgrade City Hall pretty soon.

What kind of Mustangs do you have.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2005 Tribute Edition Shelby G.T. 350. Carroll Shelby Authorized, Licensed, Certified & Autographed. It is #008 for 2005 and it is the Prototype for the 40th Anniversary Edition. It can also be seen in the Classifieds on this Site.

Car1_p.jpg

Car1_h.jpg

Car1_n.jpg

Car1c.jpg

Car1e.jpg

Car1_p.jpg

Car1_h.jpg

Car1_n.jpg

Car1c.jpg

Car1e.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's my '05 vert - she's Sonic Blue & one of 515 built with this colour/engine/bodystyle/roof & interior colour combination;

The day after I bought her new in July of '05

05Mustang.jpg

At the 29th International Mustang Meet where she picked up first in class (2005+ stock)

DSC00395.jpg

She's spent her whole life in the stock class but all that's about to change this year. Her sister, an '07 Coupe, will be finding a new home to fund the purchase of a Turn2 CS6 conversion kit. While I'm at it the antenna will be deleted, the stock door mirrors have just come off to be replaced with a pair of Agent 47's - the Shaker 500 has been sat on a shelf for a year or so, a Kenwood Double DIN DVD HU with Nav. etc. sits in it's place.

after a 5 month wait, my first 'ordered' car got smacked up getting it off the hauler...almost walked away pissed at Ford forever...

then got another priority1 order (got some help on the first one too) delivered on my wifes birthday in 05...she didnt appreciate that too much, but anyway...fastforward to 08- my boss tells me 'theres a blue mustang just like yours' sitting downtown...well it wasnt just like mine- its a V6/Auto/Pony, but the wife liked it, drove it home...fast forward to Nov 08- stayed up late - on vacation in Florida- watched the 2010 'reveal' on speed...was hoping the '10 would be a turn off, as didnt want to be torn about trading in the 06...well it didnt work out like I thought- disliked the 10 so much, called home to the dealer to find me another one just like my 06- with the discounts, it was a lot cheaper than the 06 :) the poor 09 still has never been driven- 3.7 miles, just sitting in wait for the sad day the 06 goes away- hopefully not due to crash/theft, but from being thoroughly worn out in another 20 years or so- and if the 06 outlasts me, the wife/kids will have a nice mustang to sell or use...it just gets started up every 2 weeks and warmed up, moved enough to keep tires round...will need some work if it sits 10-20 yrs for sure, but not much :)

heres a pic of the mismatched triplets:

post-1452-126542799246_thumb.jpg

post-1452-126542799246_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

"Whinnie" has gone through several changes over the three years I've had her. Here is an update for the site. Being an artist and not knowing when to leave well enough alone, I have slowly modified the car. Some of the changes include the addition of Konig 17" Illusion wheels, a GT front clip and grille, GT rear fascia, and clear chrome corner lenses and a Silver Horse Racing rear honeycomb tail light panel. I love personalization. Performance and mechanical upgrades include a Steeda Cold Air intake, SCT X3 Tune, and I also added dual Flowmaster exhaust system.

whinred2.jpg

whinred5.jpg

whinred8.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

2008 GT Vert, Candy Apple Red. Bought used in December of '09, currently in Vegas getting converted to the much-maligned Shelby Supercharged package.

Nice car!

Why is the Shelby Supercharger package maligned? :headscratch:

Nice car!

Why is the Shelby Supercharger package maligned? :headscratch:

It's that pre-title vs. post-title war. Some purists insist that the only "real" Shelbys are the ones converted by CS before they were issued a title. My car has already spent more time at the factory than an SGT did, and still two months to go. Odd how many of those same folks heap praise on the Terlingua, which is basically doing the same thing but with a V-6 car instead. I won't mind calling it a Mustang, though... ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Brought her home today!

0020-3.jpg

0020-2.jpg

0020-1.jpg

They won't give me any production numbers, would only say it's the "1st 2008 convertible Shelby Supercharged" produced. My guess is shes an orphan. A beautiful orphan, though!

Archived