TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KR Photo Thread

GT500_KR

• 1 month later...
O.K., how do you find out all of those dates? I can't seem to find one date! Anybody?

I was tracking the car for about a year before it arrived at the dealership.

I felt like it was mine from the time the order was placed.

I used another website that some Ford insiders post on that had info about when the cars or trucks are built.

maybe someone can help with which website that is.

Along with calling SVT and Shelby every 2 weeks for updates...

Dp

100_2989.jpg

Edited by 93extxdps

Great car! by the way, I will be moving from France to London next year and was wondering if the UK will make me change stuff on my KR knowing that it has already been transformed to French (european spec) and is dully registered in Paris?

Here's the UK / Channel Island 09 KR at Jersey Airport at the Battle of Britain Air Display

Hope you like it..

3941739413_c9cb5433ba.jpg

Great car! by the way, I will be moving from France to London next year and was wondering if the UK will make me change stuff on my KR knowing that it has already been transformed to French (european spec) and is dully registered in Paris?

Thank you for your kind comments.

There are a few things to consider, I think you will be OK on all of them.

Like me you will have paid EU taxes on import (VAT & EU car tax) so moving the car around within Europe should mean no more tax to be paid;

If you had lived outside of the EU and had owned the car for a minimum of 6 months the same rule applies - i.e. you do not have to pay any more tax, as a personal belonging;

You will have had the lights converted to European spec, simply amber indicators, rear fog, so again I don't think you will have any issue re registering the car;

Helpful (probably essential) you have all the original paperwork, cert of title, dealer invoice, import invoices, tax receipts, which will smooth UK registration;

The UK has now adopted IVA (from SVA) type approval for new imports, I don't know if France had Single Vehicle Approval when you imported the car (in 2008 ?), so what you had to do in France may well be OK. Also as technically this is now a movement of vehicles between European states, I don't think you would need to bother with IVA.

Let me know if you need any assistance, Jersey is slightly different, but I know the UK side of things quite well, having imported a few cars now either as personal imports or via dealers.

Kind Regards

Edited by JerseySandy

Thanks a lot Sandy for your precious help and yes The French administration has has had IVA (from SVA) type approval for new imports since 2006, my car has obtained the Single Vehicle Approval in order to be registered in 2008. I kept ALL the documentations pertaining to the car registration and its transformation to EU spec. I hope it will go smoothly and that they won't make me drill the side of the car to add some ugly turn signals repeaters ;-)

All the best!

Thank you for your kind comments.

There are a few things to consider, I think you will be OK on all of them.

Like me you will have paid EU taxes on import (VAT & EU car tax) so moving the car around within Europe should mean no more tax to be paid;

If you had lived outside of the EU and had owned the car for a minimum of 6 months the same rule applies - i.e. you do not have to pay any more tax, as a personal belonging;

You will have had the lights converted to European spec, simply amber indicators, rear fog, so again I don't think you will have any issue re registering the car;

Helpful (probably essential) you have all the original paperwork, cert of title, dealer invoice, import invoices, tax receipts, which will smooth UK registration;

The UK has now adopted IVA (from SVA) type approval for new imports, I don't know if France had Single Vehicle Approval when you imported the car (in 2008 ?), so what you had to do in France may well be OK. Also as technically this is now a movement of vehicles between European states, I don't think you would need to bother with IVA.

Let me know if you need any assistance, Jersey is slightly different, but I know the UK side of things quite well, having imported a few cars now either as personal imports or via dealers.

Kind Regards

Thanks a lot Sandy for your precious help and yes The French administration has has had IVA (from SVA) type approval for new imports since 2006, my car has obtained the Single Vehicle Approval in order to be registered in 2008. I kept ALL the documentations pertaining to the car registration and its transformation to EU spec. I hope it will go smoothly and that they won't make me drill the side of the car to add some ugly turn signals repeaters ;-)

All the best!

PM sent re side indicators - concious we are going off thread so apologies.

Best regards

Here's the only UK / Channel Island 2009 KR.

post-19618-1256426572_thumb.jpg

Say hi to the stig for me lol. :happy feet:

---------------------------------------

2008 Shelby GT Convertible #1266 - Vista blue

Mods: Sequential Tail Lights, Shelby Aluminum Strut Tower Brace, Billet Gas Strut Hood Lift Kit, Fuse Box Top Cover, Map Light Accent, Craig's Custom License Plate Bracket