TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Painted Axles On Owner 2010s

War Eagle

Guys,

When Ford starts putting the painted axles on the rest of the production 2010 GT500s this Fall it will be more expensive and the invoice cost of the car will probably increase slightly along with the MSRP.

Since Ford is doing this in the middle of the Production year there will be current owners of 2010 cars without painted axles.

In your opinion what should Ford do if anything for existing 2010 owners.

steve

If I was Ford here is what I would do.

1) Offer free axle replacements for all owners. However, it won't be a "recall" but on a voluntary basis.

2) Take the current unpainted axles from those owners. Clean them up and paint them. Then sell them as refurbish parts in the marketplace.

This will make those of us who care about the axle happy and minimize the impact financially to Ford.

Guys,

When Ford starts putting the painted axles on the rest of the production 2010 GT500s this Fall it will be more expensive and the invoice cost of the car will probably increase slightly along with the MSRP.

Since Ford is doing this in the middle of the Production year there will be current owners of 2010 cars without painted axles.

In your opinion what should Ford do if anything for existing 2010 owners.

steve

Why stop at 2010 cars? My 2008 was unpainted, too....

Where do I sign up for a free 2010 GT500 axle for my '07 Shelby GT??

:lol:

Here are my thoughts on this and is what I have communicated to Ford along with a lot of photos.

1. The 2010 will be the only GT500 that will have the painted axle put on the car in the middle of the production run. The 2007 thru 2009 models were never built by Ford with painted axles.

2. The 2010 GT500 was Displayed/Advertised at Woodward on it's side with a painted rear axle and well detailed bottom, there was no disclaimer on the car that this was not a production vehicle and that customer cars would be delivered in a rusted condition. No 2007 thru 2009 GT500s were ever displayed/advertised with painted axles. 2007 thru 2009 owners are not entitled to a new axle in my opinion.

3. If Ford offers a painted axle on the 2010 for the same cost as the current 2010 then 2010 owners have a legitimate complaint. If the 2010 with new painted axle is sold at a higher price then current 2010 owners should be allowed to purchase new axles at a fair price (same invoice cost difference as new 2010 with painted axle).

Just my thoughts on this matter.

Steve

They should paint the darn thing for all owners under warranty regardless of year!!!!!!!

That would be wonderful indeed but the approach our group is using with Ford on behalf of current 2010 owners would not support the 2007-2009 owners unfortunately. However there is nothing to stop the other earlier owners from pursuing the issue for their cars. The 2007-2009 owners had three years to deal with this and never did.

Steve

This just in...

FoMoCo has accounced that they will be sending out a rear differental refinishing kit to owners of 2007-2009 GT500's. The kit will consist of everything needed to refinsh the rear differental on the car.

Contents of the kit:

post-4213-1252604518_thumb.jpg

The kit will be provided free of charge, however there will be a $27.00 handling and shipping fee per kit.

:hysterical:

This just in...

FoMoCo has accounced that they will be sending out a rear differental refinishing kit to owners of 2007-2009 GT500's. The kit will consist of everything needed to refinsh the rear differental on the car.

Contents of the kit:

The kit will be provided free of charge, however there will be a $27.00 handling and shipping fee per kit.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

What a wise guy

does anybody know when are they going to start putting the painted axles on?i called fordC.S. today to checkon mycar.they said there was no build segment showing,but showing up at dealer between 9/ 26-10/03. do i have a shot at getting painted axles?

No, your car will not have a painted axle. Just curious, did you know you were buying a rusted car before you ordered it, or later when you joined this forum?

Steve

Do you own a 2010?

Why do you think 2010 is the only year we should be covered? I have 2005-2009 Stang brochures with chassis shots and they never show any rust. I am sure other promotional liturature shows no rust, if we dig. I don't really care, because I don't crawl on the ground to look at my chassis, I drive the thing, but your point seems to be that you simply want to cut loose all the 07-09 owners because you know that the cost to Ford would be larger and reduce your chances at getting your "special deal" from Ford to happen if all were included. Many 07-09 are still under their 3/36, so I would almost think that if they offer something to 2010 owners, a legal case could be made for the under warranty 2007-09 cars.

Why do you think 2010 is the only year we should be covered? I have 2005-2009 Stang brochures with chassis shots and they never show any rust. I am sure other promotional liturature shows no rust, if we dig. I don't really care, because I don't crawl on the ground to look at my chassis, I drive the thing, but your point seems to be that you simply want to cut loose all the 07-09 owners because you know that the cost to Ford would be larger and reduce your chances at getting your "special deal" from Ford to happen if all were included. Many 07-09 are still under their 3/36, so I would almost think that if they offer something to 2010 owners, a legal case could be made for the under warranty 2007-09 cars.

I think the 2007-2009 situation is different than the 2010 but that does not mean you don't have grounds to go after it. You may want to get some of the 2007-2009 guys together and go for it. I have already spent hundreds of hours and a lot of expense out of my own pocket pursuing this for the 2010. You can do the same with your group and maybe achieve something but you need to get together and get going on it, it has been three years and you may be running out of time on the issue. To my knowledge none of the 2007-2009 owners have cared enough to go after it yet.

Just don't get mad at us because we had the initiative to do something about it. I don't have a franchise on this, anyone that wants to can pursue it on their on if they want to. Also there are a lot of guys that just don't care about the rust, it is not an issue with them.

Good Luck

steve

pretty sure he's not saying F-off to the older models but the way hes trying to fight this for the 2010 is by saying that Ford did false advertising and he doesn't have the proof for your year car. If you can pull up and find the ads of your year car from back then you could go on your own to do the same thing hes doing

pretty sure he's not saying F-off to the older models but the way hes trying to fight this for the 2010 is by saying that Ford did false advertising and he doesn't have the proof for your year car. If you can pull up and find the ads of your year car from back then you could go on your own to do the same thing hes doing

Thanks,

They in fact might be able to make a strong case but they need to get about a half dozen guys together that are willing to really put the time and effort in to it as well as spend some up front money for legal advice and help. Most people like to complain but very few are willing to put time and effort in to something to get results. For example there has not been one single post in the 2007 thru 2009 forum about this and trying to work on it. You are all over here beating up on me. Get back over there and get to work :stats::stats::stats::call::call:

Best Regards

Steve

Not trying to be rude but do you own a 2010? If not then the thread should be of no interest to you and the answer of no value to you.

Steve

I just find your whining funny. No mustang comes with a painted axle. Boo hoo you saw a photoshopped picture with a clean rear end. Maybe you should stop wasting your time and money complaining and go out and drive your car. Buy a freaking rattle can of matte black and be done with it. Sorry I'll stay out of your forum. Your car is light years ahead of mine.

I just find your whining funny. No mustang comes with a painted axle. Boo hoo you saw a photoshopped picture with a clean rear end. Maybe you should stop wasting your time and money complaining and go out and drive your car. Buy a freaking rattle can of matte black and be done with it. Sorry I'll stay out of your forum. Your car is light years ahead of mine.

This response is why the 2007 thru 2009 guys are driving around with rusty rear ends. I pity the person that tries to organize an effort over in the 2007 thru 2009 forum to help those owners.

This is the other reason I decided from the start not to try include this group. I have taken more flak from 2007-2009 owners than the rest of the world trying to make the GT500 a better car.

Steve

This response is why the 2007 thru 2009 guys are driving around with rusty rear ends. I pity the person that tries to organize an effort over in the 2007 thru 2009 forum to help those owners.

This is the other reason I decided from the start not to try include this group. I have taken more flak from 2007-2009 owners than the rest of the world trying to make the GT500 a better car.

Steve

:headscratch:

Ok steve! Good luck on your mission. You let us know how it turns out, huh.

:shift:

Alloy Drop does this post answer your question?

I just find your whining funny. No mustang comes with a painted axle. Boo hoo you saw a photoshopped picture with a clean rear end. Maybe you should stop wasting your time and money complaining and go out and drive your car. Buy a freaking rattle can of matte black and be done with it. Sorry I'll stay out of your forum. Your car is light years ahead of mine. "

Steve

Alloy,

His is a super duper 2010 model. Yours is old. You are not included. Warranty or not.

Besides we're immature anyways.

Edit: you shouldn't even be looking in the 2010 forums. Shame on you

Archived