TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ice's New Ride - Blk Vert/Blk Int/Tungsent stipe

iceman

Here's a graph - I hope everyone can read it that wants to - I had the info sent to me in the format from the Dynojet S/W and downloaded the free viewing info so I could look at all the different parts like they were. I also wanted to be able to send it to Justin so he could review it too.

In anycase the results as I drove out with the corsa's were:

HP: 475.69

Torque: 471.29

This is with nothing more than a tune and Corsa axel backs so I was pretty pleased. It's still a very conservative tune on the A/F too bouncing in the 11.3 - 12.0 range.

Bone Stock is the only run that was really different - the axel backs added a little torque and HP but nothing really noticed - other than they look great and sound great.

Stock: 434.02 HP & 429.51 Torque (this was actually our 3rd run so it may have been a little warm)

VMP Tune only: 472.76 HP & 465.68 Torque

The thing I liked was the VMP tune added 35+ HP all the way from start to finish and is very linear. You can see on the graph it just tracks above to original line. It's also richer as the stock A/F was in the 12.5 area.

The temps indoors were about 75 or so and it was pretty humid as it was a steady soft rain outside - which sucked because I had to get the car dirty but it always cleans up so nice when i get home :)

edit to try to attach graphs but it does not seem to want to work. Instead here's a few pics with the new exhaust.

post-3980-1168017792_thumb.jpg

post-3980-1168017832_thumb.jpg

post-3980-1168017792_thumb.jpg

post-3980-1168017832_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally got the tail light trim from SA that was ordered before Christmas. Better late than never applies here as the trim is a perfect match for the brushed aluminum and looks nice I think. It livens up at rear and once my letters arrive I'll likely center the "SHELBY" on the rear decklid. I'll try to pu on pics but am on the crap PC today so it may have to wait.

post-3980-1168898337_thumb.jpg

post-3980-1168898360_thumb.jpg

post-3980-1168898337_thumb.jpg

post-3980-1168898360_thumb.jpg

I finally got the tail light trim from SA that was ordered before Christmas. Better late than never applies here as the trim is a perfect match for the brushed aluminum and looks nice I think. It livens up at rear and once my letters arrive I'll likely center the "SHELBY" on the rear decklid. I'll try to pu on pics but am on the crap PC today so it may have to wait.

Thats looks really sharp, especially on a black car. Looking forward to your centering pics!

KC666

I've still not gotten around to centering the SHELBY but that will happen soon. All of the talk on here and my weak power addicted self broke down today and orderd the next wave:

1. Evolution Stage II pkg with JLT CAI, 2.6 pulley, and all the goodies that go with it.

2. Aluminum drive shaft

3. Steeda shifter - although this is more of an experiment than anything since the driveshaft is coming out I want to see if there is a difference. I like the stock shifter fine.

I will dyno the car after the CAI and pulley are on as well as after the drive shaft and post results when i get to that point which may not be until the spring thaw but something to keep me busy while reading about all you guys are doing. I really want to get the windows tinted too - any ideas on places that do this and are decent? I can't do that myself for some reason - I've tried and it is just the biggest mess ever.

Thanks......600 RWHP or bust!!!! I'll get there at some point!

I've still not gotten around to centering the SHELBY but that will happen soon. All of the talk on here and my weak power addicted self broke down today and orderd the next wave:

1. Evolution Stage II pkg with JLT CAI, 2.6 pulley, and all the goodies that go with it.

2. Aluminum drive shaft

3. Steeda shifter - although this is more of an experiment than anything since the driveshaft is coming out I want to see if there is a difference. I like the stock shifter fine.

I will dyno the car after the CAI and pulley are on as well as after the drive shaft and post results when i get to that point which may not be until the spring thaw but something to keep me busy while reading about all you guys are doing. I really want to get the windows tinted too - any ideas on places that do this and are decent? I can't do that myself for some reason - I've tried and it is just the biggest mess ever.

What ever happened on the oil change deal???

What ever happened on the oil change deal???

more or less nothing. I can't prove they took it out for a spin but have proven the oil change took 1.5 hours and they went through my glove box. The service manager called and told me their video system was not functional yet (it is a brand new building - and really nice too). I told him it really didn't matter anymore. They could do nothing to make me feel like I was not wronged and I will buy my next SUV and pick up someplace else despite being friends with the owners wife. I've let them know and am sure that it is being handled but I'll never go back - the damage was done in my mind.

I've since found a dealer closer to my house with a Service manager driving a fully modded out CObra (97 I think???) whi has treated me really well and a local shop about 5 minutes from my house that builds drag cars and has a Dynojet. I'll be working with them as both are closer to home anyway.

more or less nothing. I can't prove they took it out for a spin but have proven the oil change took 1.5 hours and they went through my glove box. The service manager called and told me their video system was not functional yet (it is a brand new building - and really nice too). I told him it really didn't matter anymore. They could do nothing to make me feel like I was not wronged and I will buy my next SUV and pick up someplace else despite being friends with the owners wife. I've let them know and am sure that it is being handled but I'll never go back - the damage was done in my mind.

I've since found a dealer closer to my house with a Service manager driving a fully modded out CObra (97 I think???) whi has treated me really well and a local shop about 5 minutes from my house that builds drag cars and has a Dynojet. I'll be working with them as both are closer to home anyway.

CB...is very nice lady...

2. Aluminum drive shaft

Hi Chris,

I had my wife's windows tinted at a place called Solar Shield in Franklin Indiana on US31...and they did a great job. Give them a call.

Dave

Thats looks really sharp, especially on a black car. Looking forward to your centering pics!

KC666

I managed to center the SHELBY on the reat today. I don't yet have a pic as it was too cold to open the garage and let the heat out for no good reason but I like it a lot and will get a pic on asap. The removal of the old SHELBY was really not too bad but it was not something i want to do again. Getting the last bit of glue off was a bit of a pain but now that it is cleaned and re waxed it looks like it came from the factory this way. IMO it's worth the 30-40 minutes to do the change but also worth buying the new letters so as not to worry about the old ones so much when removing them.

Edit - Here is a pic. I finally opened up the garage to take the pic and while I'm mostly pleased with this I think my "S" and "H" need a little adjusting. I think the left side of the S is a little high and the Left side of the H may be a little low (no doubt from working in the dark in very cramped space. I am confident it's an easy fix when it warms up a bit and since I have another package of letters no worries at all.

My Drive Shaft and loop just arrived too so now that's all set to go in with the stage 2 on Thursday. My work is really getting in the way of my fun right now but I am trying to keep all day thursday clear for the stage 2, shifter, and drive shaft mods. I'll try to get pics along the way too.

post-3980-1170174313_thumb.jpg

post-3980-1170174313_thumb.jpg

Today was the day. The project started early and ran until 5:15pm. The results will be coming on Friday by way of Dynojet but now fully installed are:

JLT CAI, Evolution Stage 2 93 octane tune with the 2.6 pulley, Steeda Tri-ax shifter, and the one piece aluminum drive shaft (with safety loop).

I've started it and run it but we didn't get time to pop it on the Dyno. I really wanted to do the Dyno after stage 1, stage 2, and the driveshaft but because the shifter was such a pain in the ass to install time got away and there will be only one dyno for the finished product which I will have results by the week end posted here.

My initial impressions are:

1. The stock driveshaft is really heavy....and i don't know why they use a 2 piece unit????? Anyone???

1a. This was far easier than planned. We didn't even have to drop the exhaust out. Just unbolt and slide out and slide the new one up and rebolt after putting on the connection plate. The loop does require making new holes for the plate that the safety loop connects to but no big deal. Again a shame no one ever sees this because it is a really good looking unit. The stock one is not as ugly as the shifter, but there is no comparison in weight. has to be about a 30-35 pound difference.

2. I really liked the stock shifter but after all of effort to figure out the removal and install of the new one the thing is butter. I have it currently set on the higher location as the recommend for comfort but will likely lower it to see what the racing setting feels like. The stock shifter knob does not look like it will screw onto the steeda shifter but it does with out a problem. Comparing the two units by looks when they are sitting on a table is silly. The steeda is so good looking it's a shame to cover it up under the car and the stock is a couple of thin black rods. I can't wait to drive the car with the new shiter - it's more sturdy and really smooth....but a pain in the ass to put in even with experienced help like I had at the shop. I would not attempt this at home with out a lift and all of the propper tools etc.

3. The JLT CAI looks great. I'd do this again even if it was the same performance as stock - the look is far better.

4. The pulley looks better and was not as hard as expected to change. I'm glad that I had the pro's there to help me but this is an easy to do at home swap if you are comfortable messing with the car at all. The Metco idler and pulley fir perfect on the first try and the belt tracks pefectly.

Still waiting to Dyno - the final part was putting in the tune and I did that just as we all left so we have something fun to do in the morning.

Stay tuned......

edit - I forgot the camera so i apologize for that. I'll get some pics if i can of it up on the lift so you can see the difference but it's really hard to tell on these unless it is out in the open.

Today was the day. The project started early and ran until 5:15pm. The results will be coming on Friday by way of Dynojet but now fully installed are:

JLT CAI, Evolution Stage 2 93 octane tune with the 2.6 pulley, Steeda Tri-ax shifter, and the one piece aluminum drive shaft (with safety loop).

I've started it and run it but we didn't get time to pop it on the Dyno. I really wanted to do the Dyno after stage 1, stage 2, and the driveshaft but because the shifter was such a pain in the ass to install time got away and there will be only one dyno for the finished product which I will have results by the week end posted here.

My initial impressions are:

1. The stock driveshaft is really heavy....and i don't know why they use a 2 piece unit????? Anyone???

1a. This was far easier than planned. We didn't even have to drop the exhaust out. Just unbolt and slide out and slide the new one up and rebolt after putting on the connection plate. The loop does require making new holes for the plate that the safety loop connects to but no big deal. Again a shame no one ever sees this because it is a really good looking unit. The stock one is not as ugly as the shifter, but there is no comparison in weight. has to be about a 30-35 pound difference.

2. I really liked the stock shifter but after all of effort to figure out the removal and install of the new one the thing is butter. I have it currently set on the higher location as the recommend for comfort but will likely lower it to see what the racing setting feels like. The stock shifter knob does not look like it will screw onto the steeda shifter but it does with out a problem. Comparing the two units by looks when they are sitting on a table is silly. The steeda is so good looking it's a shame to cover it up under the car and the stock is a couple of thin black rods. I can't wait to drive the car with the new shiter - it's more sturdy and really smooth....but a pain in the ass to put in even with experienced help like I had at the shop. I would not attempt this at home with out a lift and all of the propper tools etc.

3. The JLT CAI looks great. I'd do this again even if it was the same performance as stock - the look is far better.

4. The pulley looks better and was not as hard as expected to change. I'm glad that I had the pro's there to help me but this is an easy to do at home swap if you are comfortable messing with the car at all. The Metco idler and pulley fir perfect on the first try and the belt tracks pefectly.

Still waiting to Dyno - the final part was putting in the tune and I did that just as we all left so we have something fun to do in the morning.

Stay tuned......

edit - I forgot the camera so i apologize for that. I'll get some pics if i can of it up on the lift so you can see the difference but it's really hard to tell on these unless it is out in the open.

I found out the 2 piece drive shaft is for safety - so it breaks in the event of a crash and doesn't go where it shouldn't (We'll give you a 500 HP car but not with a driveshaft that may put a hole in something???) Anyway - 42-43 pounds is the stock drive shadt weight - it sure felt heavier - maybe because of the 2 parts it a bit akward. The 1 piece is much lighter.

I again forgot the camera but it didn't matter we were already on the Dyno waiting for me to arrive so there was nothing to take a pic of. The car pulled 557 and change HP on the first run but had more in it. We sut it down at about 5900 RPM. It was 541 or 543 Torque i think. The second run I went to 6500 rpm but it was never given a cool down period and we pulled 545 HP and I think 537 Torque or something. I'm waiting on the Dynojet graphs to get e-mails but they have not made it and likely won't until Monday. I'll try to post something when i get them but it was pretty impressive. Even the women in the area came over and said that's what they want their car to sound like.

To drive the car is a blast - even on stock tires and suspension. In a straight line with a little feathering of the pedals it's a beast. We had a lot of fun in a short time before putting back in the garage. It never fails to get dirty when i go to the dyno - weather gave us some little flakes of snow on the way there so now my car needs cleaned again....which I'm sure I'll do just as soon as it isn't so damn cold out.

I'm rounding up slightly but 560 HO and 545 Torque (that torque # may turn out to be lower when i get the graph but i know I was just under 560 rwhp and would hit it if I had taken it up to say 6300 rpm on the 1st run.

I straightened my "S" & "H" on the SHELBY centered on the rear. I used a heat gun to losten up the glue rather than a hair dryer and founf this to be a lot quicker and more even on the heating. I suggest wearing leather gloves or somrhting if doing this as it can get pretty hot but it really would make it easy to pull off the original letters and put them in place I think.

I used the low setting on a cheap heatgun from home depot ($20 I think) in the pain section and picked up a plastic paint scrapper as a pry tool for under $1. I just heated enough to nudge them straigh but you could have easily removed the letters and it cools quickly too.

Thats a nice dyno pull! Do you notice any performance difference driving with the CF drive shaft(engine spinning up faster, car feel lighter)? Any vibrations etc. ?

KC666

I got aluminun DS - the one from evolution. Honestly - I don't feel a difference that I can tell from the stock one. It looks nice on the lift and it was a ton lighter to hold up in the air but the rides the same. I did it more for the strength of being a 1 piece with the extra power from the stage 2. I went from just a tune to the stage 2 so I go the CAI, pulley, and stage 2 tune all at one time...along with the shifter and DS so i never felt the car with the stock DS and this power. The change in power is noticable. But it's hard to say if there would be a real noticable difference if i didn't have the DS....it's one of those things where I would have liked to do dyno runs after each thing and see what happens but the time it took me to get the shifter in took away from any of that. It's not that hard (or as hard as i made it) but I had never done anything like that before. I was lucky to have the shop with the lift, tools, and help there. It would have been a mistake for me to try this at home on my own as much as I hate to admitt it.

the car does wind up and pull harder than ever - but I think more due to the pulley, CAI, and tune than the DS. Would I do it again though - yes - I like knowing the DS will hold the power. and you have to take it out to do the shifter any way.

I got aluminun DS - the one from evolution. Honestly - I don't feel a difference that I can tell from the stock one. It looks nice on the lift and it was a ton lighter to hold up in the air but the rides the same. I did it more for the strength of being a 1 piece with the extra power from the stage 2. I went from just a tune to the stage 2 so I go the CAI, pulley, and stage 2 tune all at one time...along with the shifter and DS so i never felt the car with the stock DS and this power. The change in power is noticable. But it's hard to say if there would be a real noticable difference if i didn't have the DS....it's one of those things where I would have liked to do dyno runs after each thing and see what happens but the time it took me to get the shifter in took away from any of that. It's not that hard (or as hard as i made it) but I had never done anything like that before. I was lucky to have the shop with the lift, tools, and help there. It would have been a mistake for me to try this at home on my own as much as I hate to admitt it.

the car does wind up and pull harder than ever - but I think more due to the pulley, CAI, and tune than the DS. Would I do it again though - yes - I like knowing the DS will hold the power. and you have to take it out to do the shifter any way.

:doh: I thought it was carbon fiber. I would trust aluminum more than CF, probably a better choice plus they are cheaper.

Aluminum would probably bend before giving way, CF would likely shatter. Course the CF might be less likely to come through the floor on you. :drop:

Ive not begun to mod my car yet, but Im wondering what I can tackle and not. Back in the day I could do a lot but with these modern cars it just looks like a jungle of wires and hoses under the hood. Never touched a Fuel injected car. Im probably going to have to seek professional help for most performance mods.

Im also going to have to convince the wife that this monster that scares the begezus out of her needs even more HP...thats going to take some doing, lol!

Anyone know a good GT500 tuner in the Central Florida area?

KC666

When we meet up this summer...I am NOT going to race you. :hysterical2:

:doh: I thought it was carbon fiber. I would trust aluminum more than CF, probably a better choice plus they are cheaper.

Aluminum would probably bend before giving way, CF would likely shatter. Course the CF might be less likely to come through the floor on you. :drop:

Ive not begun to mod my car yet, but Im wondering what I can tackle and not. Back in the day I could do a lot but with these modern cars it just looks like a jungle of wires and hoses under the hood. Never touched a Fuel injected car. Im probably going to have to seek professional help for most performance mods.

Im also going to have to convince the wife that this monster that scares the begezus out of her needs even more HP...thats going to take some doing, lol!

Anyone know a good GT500 tuner in the Central Florida area?

KC666

Justin at VMP is one of the best.

located 2 miles from I-4 exit 104, a 25 minute drive from Orlando or Daytona.

http://www.vmptuning.com/store/index.php?

I got my first tune prior to the pulley from him and probably would have stayed with him if he had one available at the time for the Pulley. I skipped the CAI & tune step which has also and jumped right to the stage 2. Both VMP and Evolution have been great to work with but if Central FL is what you want this is the man.

You may think that but you will - even if you don't know it :)

I just put this together - My stock Dyno on the graph with the after Stage 2 dyno. Same Dyno and everything - Conditions are the same too for the most part as it's indoors in a temp controled environment. My stock run was on a warmer engine as it was a 3rd dyno pull but after a little cool down so this is a good representation of what you get with Stage 2 vs. stock in my mind.

post-3980-1171063396_thumb.jpg

post-3980-1171063396_thumb.jpg

Justin at VMP is one of the best.

located 2 miles from I-4 exit 104, a 25 minute drive from Orlando or Daytona.

http://www.vmptuning.com/store/index.php?

I got my first tune prior to the pulley from him and probably would have stayed with him if he had one available at the time for the Pulley. I skipped the CAI & tune step which has also and jumped right to the stage 2. Both VMP and Evolution have been great to work with but if Central FL is what you want this is the man.

Thanks, thats good news, they are very close to me! Its going to be a while before I do anything, need to replenish the coffers a bit before I spend any more money. :doh:

KC666

• 2 weeks later...

Damn this weather - I am wanting so bad to get out and put on my LCA's. I've almost done it a few times but since i can't really go out and drive anyplace anyway what's the point. To ease the pain I decided to put my wish list here for all to see and make fun of or suggest additions/changes to.

1. Suspension - Have the Steeda rear LCA's and am looking at LCA relo brackets, an adjustable UCA, and Panhard in the very near term - likely before i get to put on the LCA's. I am debating the panhard brace but have decided since I'll have the adjustable UCA I want to do the 1" lowering or maybe 1.25 but not much more. I am waiting to see what Steeda has here and will likely throw in some adjustable shocks too (Leaning towards QA1 right now)

2. TVS Supercharger :) Can't help it - this is calling my name even though I have plenty of power I think I'll do that then buy some orther toy and plop this SC on it as a project car....if I can figure out a place to store it. The neighbor's garage looks good and he's eager to play so that may work.

3. Roll bar - I think I'm going to get the one I put up pics of that costs too much even though it may not make the NHRA people 100% happy it's functional and I like the look and I know it would be well done. This could be #2 also but the guy doing this is the same I would have do the SC so it would be one trip.

4. Rims and tires. This really should be #2 but I can't help myself. I will be needing something though. I have not decided if I'll go to 19" or stay with 18's. I am thinking 18's with stock gears right now but that may change on both accounts. I am really digging the CCW rims (SP500) as i love the look - but the cost is a bit steep for me with the other stuff I want to do.

5. Window tint which will happen before most of this if we ever get the weather I need to take it in for it.

6. Little dress up crap. I like getting this from time to time as it eases not doing the other stuff for a small fee - got the valve caps for the tires today :)

This would include the likes of a signed Shelby center console cover, Dash plaque, license plate frame, shiney stuff in the engine compatment, etc.

7. Tow hitch and bike rack - Ok kidding but I suppose there will be more - I don't think this car will ever be 100% done.

Damn this weather - I am wanting so bad to get out and put on my LCA's. I've almost done it a few times but since i can't really go out and drive anyplace anyway what's the point. To ease the pain I decided to put my wish list here for all to see and make fun of or suggest additions/changes to.

1. Suspension - Have the Steeda rear LCA's and am looking at LCA relo brackets, an adjustable UCA, and Panhard in the very near term - likely before i get to put on the LCA's. I am debating the panhard brace but have decided since I'll have the adjustable UCA I want to do the 1" lowering or maybe 1.25 but not much more. I am waiting to see what Steeda has here and will likely throw in some adjustable shocks too (Leaning towards QA1 right now)

2. TVS Supercharger :) Can't help it - this is calling my name even though I have plenty of power I think I'll do that then buy some orther toy and plop this SC on it as a project car....if I can figure out a place to store it. The neighbor's garage looks good and he's eager to play so that may work.

3. Roll bar - I think I'm going to get the one I put up pics of that costs too much even though it may not make the NHRA people 100% happy it's functional and I like the look and I know it would be well done. This could be #2 also but the guy doing this is the same I would have do the SC so it would be one trip.

4. Rims and tires. This really should be #2 but I can't help myself. I will be needing something though. I have not decided if I'll go to 19" or stay with 18's. I am thinking 18's with stock gears right now but that may change on both accounts. I am really digging the CCW rims (SP500) as i love the look - but the cost is a bit steep for me with the other stuff I want to do.

5. Window tint which will happen before most of this if we ever get the weather I need to take it in for it.

6. Little dress up crap. I like getting this from time to time as it eases not doing the other stuff for a small fee - got the valve caps for the tires today :)

This would include the likes of a signed Shelby center console cover, Dash plaque, license plate frame, shiney stuff in the engine compatment, etc.

7. Tow hitch and bike rack - Ok kidding but I suppose there will be more - I don't think this car will ever be 100% done.

:drop: we need to call you "ice-mod" from now on.

Sounds like good mods to me. I have the BMR LCAs on order...the square tubular ones in black. They told me they are on backorder, but I said since I live in Indiana I can wait a few weeks. :hysterical:

Good luck with it all ice...spring will be here soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Ice,

I have the 20% tint on my black vert (i think you commented on iit) and love it. I think with the black it looks great, and not bad vision, even at night. What size DS do you have (ie: 3.5" or 4"). I would still race you even with my stocker, just for fun.

Alloy,

I have the BMR LCA in black also, but have not installed yet. My vert has no wheel hop at all, but I will still install them when I can.

Ice,

I have the 20% tint on my black vert (i think you commented on iit) and love it. I think with the black it looks great, and not bad vision, even at night. What size DS do you have (ie: 3.5" or 4"). I would still race you even with my stocker, just for fun.

Alloy,

I have the BMR LCA in black also, but have not installed yet. My vert has no wheel hop at all, but I will still install them when I can.

Yes - you had it done and that's what helped me decide on the darker tint. I think mine's a 3.5 - what ever evolution sent me???? I paid for it so I got one I knew was good. The peace of mind was worth 2-300 bucks to me.

Tuesday I am putting on (actually having put on and helping along the way) the LCA's, Adjustable UCA, Adjustable Panhard bar, and panhard brace. Then if/when I do shocks and springs I'll be all set as I think I may lower it an inch to inch and a quarter. I decided not to do the relo brackets at this point on the LCA's because of the welding....and I have little to no wheel hop either. I think the weight in the verts must help but some people have had it in verts too. I really want rims and tires but am not ready yet to cough up that $ with only 950 miles on the stockers.....a day at the strip and that may all change though!

• 3 weeks later...

OK -= not really a new arrival any more but this is as good of a place as any to keep track of changes.

I finally got a few pics of the car with dark windows. It's been crappy weather since I did it. I like the look a lot. It really helps finish the look IMO. I also have a rear shot with the letters widened out as opposed to the 3" spacing I originally did.

A few more mods on the way this week. Some just for show and some for a little more go. Really want wheels and tires and am very eager for GT500 specific springs and adjustable shocks or coil overs. Also looking into a DVD in dash option so still plenty to think about before the TVS and roll bar go on :D

I love this money pit!

post-3980-1176243663_thumb.jpg

post-3980-1176243695_thumb.jpg

post-3980-1176243757_thumb.jpg

post-3980-1176243869_thumb.jpg

post-3980-1176243663_thumb.jpg

post-3980-1176243695_thumb.jpg

post-3980-1176243757_thumb.jpg

post-3980-1176243869_thumb.jpg

Archived