TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ice's New Ride - Blk Vert/Blk Int/Tungsent stipe

iceman

Well....I finally found a taker with the vert in the color combo I want at the price I want and the value for my trade in I want. It will be approx. 10K over MSRP (Which is killing me but so is PSDS and I can always make more $). I want the damn thing now so I am going against all I believe and paying the piper to get the sweet ride.

Black Vert w/Black interior and Tungsten side stripes. I just sent the fax of the funds availability and put down my deposit at an out of state dealer. I will be going to pick up the new toy this Sat. I'm floating right now I am so excited.

I'll post pics as I get them - The dealer has sold at least one of these before as he said it has not been driven 7.9 miles on it and was roled off the truck into the show room. Asked what i want saved etc. He also asked if I would be driving or collecting and when I said driving the hell out of it he replied "Good, I've been waiting to hear that from someone".

I am pumped and will update this thread as I get closer and actually get the key in hand and come home. I'm taking my 2.5 yr old car junkie to get the "Shelvie" as he says and the only regret is with him in it I can step on it on the way home.

Happy Holidays & let's all cross our fingers this actually comes together as planned - 2-3 days is a long time in the Shelby Sales world.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well....I finally found a takew with the vert in the color combo I want at the price I want and the value for my trade in I want. It will be approx. 10K over MSRP (Which is killing me but so is PSDS and I can always make more $). I want the damn thing now so I am going against all I believe and paying the piper to get the sweet ride.

Black Vert w/Black interior and Tungsten side stripes. I just sent the fax of the funds availability and put down my deposit at an out of state dealer. I will be going to pick up the new toy this Sat. I'm floating right now I am so excited.

I'll post pics as I get them - The dealer has sold at least one of these before as he said it has not been driven 7.9 miloes on it and was roled off the truck into the show room. Asked what i want saved etc. He also asked if I would be driving or collecting and when I said driving the hell out of it he replied "Good, I've been waiting to hear that from someone".

I am pumped and will update this thread as I get closer and actually get the key in hand and come home. I'm taking my 2.5 yr old car junkie to get the "Shelvie" as he says and the only regret is with him in it I can step on it on the way home.

Happy Holidays & let's all cross our fingers this actually comes together as planned - 2-3 days is a long time in the Shelby Sales world.

Congrats Iceman,

I can tell ya you will never forget that first site! :drop:

DRIVE ON SHELBYS :shift:

MTNTOM

I woke up today knowing that in 1 more day I would be heading to OH to pick up the ride. I've worked for a day to get Kyle (my 2 yr old) to understand why we would be getting rid of the "Blue Mustang". He seems to be warming up to the idea but rejected it fully at first with "But I like the blue Mustang". He seems to have started to understand he gets a new "Faster" one when we trade it in and some one else gets to love the blue car.

Anyway - I woke up today with a little nerves dropping this much $ on a car.....I came down and looked at the photos from the dealer and that feeling seems to have gone away in a hurry....funny how that happens. Anyway I have my Official Check in hand and will be on the road Sat. Morning hoping to be there before 10AM and making the switch. Kyle seems ready, the wife has not complained once (which is shocking since she can't drive a stick) but I plan to pay for it later when I have to get her something nice too so the cost is just starting. I am itching to get the VPM tune and CAI and exhaust done as well as a few other suspension mods but I am holding off a bit on the suspension to see what comes available in the next few months. I also and diggin' the Razors in the brushed metal I've seen floating on a few pics but will have to start really looking as my efforts have been on the car all this time.

I actually believe it's going to happen. I called the dealer to make sure they would be ready on Sat. and they seem to be excited to see someone drive it not load it up and haul it away. I noticed they took the posting down from E-bay so I think it's really going to be mine....Nerves of 50K+ for the mustang are gone now as I type. Excitement is at full speed again. I just have to get through this day and then early to bed for me tonight :) I will get pics up asap and will be happy to here of others ideas of best mods for the money and why.

I know I want the Tune and CAI

Still looking at exhaust options

Still looking at suspension options

Expect to upgrade plugs

Wheels are on the list but a bit out for me right now - maybe in summer

For now here's the pics at the dealer

post-3980-1166194079_thumb.jpg

post-3980-1166194102_thumb.jpg

post-3980-1166194079_thumb.jpg

post-3980-1166194102_thumb.jpg

Sorry for the delay - I can't stop driving. The weather here is silly nice for Dec. so I've been out playing. THis car is crazy fast stock...I happen to really like 2-4th gears but just can't get over the over all feeling.....comfirt, ride, I like the handling but have not put it to a track test. Took off TCS for one small burn out for the neighbor who is as excited as me....left about a 12 foot burn out with no effort at all.

I have some pics on the camera not down loaded yet but will get to that soon. The super charger kicked in at 15.9 miles on 275 coming back to Indy from the east side of Cinci. I popped it into 3rd and stepped on it and with TCS on it chirped and then took off like a bat out of hell. I blew past 100mph in about 3 seconds and passed the guy I thought was a safe distance ahead to try that. 80MPH is about 2K rpm and a beautiful ride on the highway.

I spent most of yesterday giving rides to my family and friends that were here for early Christmas and the rest of the neighbor hood came to see the car. I've got to say I've never seen a car get this kind of attention. It's similar to but more than when I first bought my Harley.

The only negative I have had was my son had a hard time leaving the old blue mustang at the dealer. He still gets a little sad but it's OK now when we open the door to the garage and he sees the Blk one there....he doesn't want me to take it though....it's his because he bought it with his own money and left the blue car in OH is what he tells people....not bad for a kid turning 3 in March :)

My one tip for those that don't have this car yet....If you have the means to do so get the car. I forgot about the 10K adm about the same time the super charger kicked in. The car is a blast to drive. It reminds me of my first Mustang when I was a teen. More power than you need but always leaves you craving more. The thing is a beast.

Pics soon - must squeeze in a few more miles.

Sorry for the delay - I can't stop driving. The weather here is silly nice for Dec. so I've been out playing. THis car is crazy fast stock...I happen to really like 2-4th gears but just can't get over the over all feeling.....comfirt, ride, I like the handling but have not put it to a track test. Took off TCS for one small burn out for the neighbor who is as excited as me....left about a 12 foot burn out with no effort at all.

I have some pics on the camera not down loaded yet but will get to that soon. The super charger kicked in at 15.9 miles on 275 coming back to Indy from the east side of Cinci. I popped it into 3rd and stepped on it and with TCS on it chirped and then took off like a bat out of hell. I blew past 100mph in about 3 seconds and passed the guy I thought was a safe distance ahead to try that. 80MPH is about 2K rpm and a beautiful ride on the highway.

I spent most of yesterday giving rides to my family and friends that were here for early Christmas and the rest of the neighbor hood came to see the car. I've got to say I've never seen a car get this kind of attention. It's similar to but more than when I first bought my Harley.

The only negative I have had was my son had a hard time leaving the old blue mustang at the dealer. He still gets a little sad but it's OK now when we open the door to the garage and he sees the Blk one there....he doesn't want me to take it though....it's his because he bought it with his own money and left the blue car in OH is what he tells people....not bad for a kid turning 3 in March :)

My one tip for those that don't have this car yet....If you have the means to do so get the car. I forgot about the 10K adm about the same time the super charger kicked in. The car is a blast to drive. It reminds me of my first Mustang when I was a teen. More power than you need but always leaves you craving more. The thing is a beast.

Pics soon - must squeeze in a few more miles.

Congrats Iceman!!!! I have the exact car and live in Ohio... thanks for taking it out of state bro :ohsnap:

The excitement will not wear off, and wait until you drive around with the top down!!! Everywhere you go people are going to want to talk to you about it. Congrat again.

Hey everyone,

Now that I'm back at work I have some time to post a couple of pics. I managed to give everyone rides with the plastic still on all seats other than my drivers seat. I have left the platic on the floor and put the mats over that until the plastic gets beat up as I figure every bit helps. I almost left it on the back seat and passenger seat but decided I got the car to drive so I may as well let the seats breath. I took off the plastic from the visors too. I still have the protective blue tape on the convert. top bars above the windows and the clear protective strip over the SVT on the door frame where you get in. I've removed the boot for the top from the car as I find them to be a huge painin the ass and never use them so no need to haul that around in the trunk. My mind has been filled with mods to come and potential plates to try to get. THat's still up in the air but the tune and CAI will be coming shortly then I think exhast as I'd like a little throatier sound...Although I can not back out with out my neighbor running over to see where I am going. He is as excited as me and I expect will be starting his quest to find one soon now too...I hope so anyway or I'll have to push it out of the driveway to go for a ride alone!

Anyway - here's a few pics. I plan to have one of a nice burnout before too long if the weather holds out. I promised the neighbor to let him take a pic of that since it would be fun to have anyway - He wants to send it into some magazine or something.

I want to win power ball now...so I can not work and drive this thing all day. I'm trying to tell the wife a move to AZ would allow me to drive it a lot more year round but am not making much headway there yet. The funniest thing is I keep seeing minivans pulled over. All I can think is better them than me but I know it's coming so I'll be starting a fund for my tickets. Maybe some type of charity - I'll put up a web page and you can all donate.....maybe I can get work to direct depisit $20 per check there :)

post-3980-1166453252_thumb.jpg

post-3980-1166453303_thumb.jpg

post-3980-1166453334_thumb.jpg

post-3980-1166453252_thumb.jpg

post-3980-1166453303_thumb.jpg

post-3980-1166453334_thumb.jpg

Hey everyone,

Now that I'm back at work I have some time to post a couple of pics. I managed to give everyone rides with the plastic still on all seats other than my drivers seat. I have left the platic on the floor and put the mats over that until the plastic gets beat up as I figure every bit helps. I almost left it on the back seat and passenger seat but decided I got the car to drive so I may as well let the seats breath. I took off the plastic from the visors too. I still have the protective blue tape on the convert. top bars above the windows and the clear protective strip over the SVT on the door frame where you get in. I've removed the boot for the top from the car as I find them to be a huge painin the ass and never use them so no need to haul that around in the trunk. My mind has been filled with mods to come and potential plates to try to get. THat's still up in the air but the tune and CAI will be coming shortly then I think exhast as I'd like a little throatier sound...Although I can not back out with out my neighbor running over to see where I am going. He is as excited as me and I expect will be starting his quest to find one soon now too...I hope so anyway or I'll have to push it out of the driveway to go for a ride alone!

Anyway - here's a few pics. I plan to have one of a nice burnout before too long if the weather holds out. I promised the neighbor to let him take a pic of that since it would be fun to have anyway - He wants to send it into some magazine or something.

I want to win power ball now...so I can not work and drive this thing all day. I'm trying to tell the wife a move to AZ would allow me to drive it a lot more year round but am not making much headway there yet. The funniest thing is I keep seeing minivans pulled over. All I can think is better them than me but I know it's coming so I'll be starting a fund for my tickets. Maybe some type of charity - I'll put up a web page and you can all donate.....maybe I can get work to direct depisit $20 per check there :)

Great looking ride iceman, congrats. I was torn between whether to get a convert or coupe, and your combination is what I would have ordered if I went convertible.

The funniest thing is I keep seeing minivans pulled over. All I can think is better them than me but I know it's coming so I'll be starting a fund for my tickets. Maybe some type of charity - I'll put up a web page and you can all donate.....maybe I can get work to direct depisit $20 per check there :)

Don't start a fund for tickets start a fund for a Radar Detector. Go Valentine or Bel. the $400 you pay will save you alot in tickets and insurance. Nice ride just wish I could afford the ADM but I am waiting for MSRP.

Don't start a fund for tickets start a fund for a Radar Detector. Go Valentine or Bel. the $400 you pay will save you alot in tickets and insurance. Nice ride just wish I could afford the ADM but I am waiting for MSRP.

That's what I said about the ADM too. Then I just couldn't take it anymore. If you follow the numbers on the deaer sales sheet I paid just over 8150 in ADM. The numbers game is at work in that I think they gave me less on my trade than it was worth by about 2K so it's really like a 10K ADM. It didn't matter to me as I went to them with what I needed out the door and my trade and a check in hand and they took it so we are all happy.

As for the radar I am leaning towards Valentine right now but have not looked into Bel....will do so as I have a few cold months coming that allows for that research...I did order the VMP Tune yesterday though so I can go even faster...I held off on the CAI wanting to see what comes out over the winter but I do like the looks of the JLT that is available. If you have the $ I can't stress enough how much fun the car is and how nice the ride...and even stock it's a rocket! I broke the tires loose for a briefe moment in 3rd at about 55-60 on the way home (with TCS on). I took off the TCS and did a short bern out with no effort for the guy next door who is as excited as me about this car. I let him drive too and he has been over before I get out of the driveway everytime I start it now to ride along...I have to push it out if I want to go alone:)

I will say a car is not a good thing to buy as an investment, but if you have $ and want a really fun toy this thing is hands down the most fun car I've ever had. You find your self looking for reasons to go places and taking the scenic route....but some how getting there faster than you did before on the direct route.

I love this car.....I wonder how long until I get the nerve to park it in a parking lot and actually leave it? So far i can't do that unless it's late at night and I get to park in a spot away from others with a lot of open spots next to me. The car is flawless and while I know it won't stay that way forever I want it to for as long as possible. I still have plastic on the floors as it is holding up nicely. I did take it off the seats and visors though after the first day when everyone had to have a ride.

Congrats. iceman

Enjoy

Way to go Iceman.

I picked mine up on Monday the 18th. Same car as yours.

What a Christmas.

Rasmussen

12/22 - Santa delivers my SCT Tuner loaded with the VMP 93 Octane tune. It went in nice and easy and is now waiting for dry roads for a little test drive. Looks like I may get that in today still or maybe on Sat. as the weather man (sorry person) says we may get a little dry out for a few days.

I've ordered some cosmetic things from Steeda and Shelby Autos that shoud be here soon too. I should say ordered from Steeda and am trying to order from Shelby. They have a kind of odd system online where you put in the order and then wait for someone to call you to confirm the order and set up payment and shipping. It's rather slow and in my opinion defeats the purpose of shopping online but not a big deal really...just strange in this day and age....and I put in the order about 24 hours ago and have not gotten that call yet. I did call to confirm this is normal though and it is...they closed early yesterday and with the holidays it's likely busy so I'll give them a brake....I'm getting the rear light trim from them so I'll get some pics when that goes on too. I think I am going to have to order the SHELBY letters and put them on centered too - the more I look at that the better I like it. Plenty of little things to do while I save for the bigger stuff.

Still a toss up on exhaust too.

Corsa, SLP Loudmouth, Steeda all getting a look for the short term axel back solution. I'm also itching for the CAI but am making myself wait until at least after the first oil change.

I love this car...it's kinda sick really, but I do love it!

first batch of goodies came in last night from Steeda. I only put on the easy billet shifter bezel which I like the look of, but it doesn't sit as flush to the console as i would like - When it warms up I'll play with it a bit more. It's OK but if you get on eye level there's a little gap that makes me crazy. I have the dead pedal and hood struts waiting to go in and the tail light trim from Steeda was also sent although I am hoping that Shelby Auto accepts my order sometime before spring arrives and I can get theirs to compare before I install. I think I like the Shelby brushed aluminum better but that since they refuse to acknowledge an order (I am hoping they are closed for the holidays or my plans of getting a number of other things there may be changing)

I finally broke down and ordered the Corsa axel backs too. They are closed until after new years so i won't see them until sometime in Jan. then i may have to put a heater in the garage and get the new toys in. I excited about the exhast more than anything after reading what others have had to say about Corsa. I'll likely break down and get the CAI before long too but I am trying to hold off on that one still. I'd rather do a little suspension work first but the CAI is such an easy upgrade it's hard to pass on.

more to follow and pics once the installs are done.

Weather seems to have turned for the better for us. i broke down and put in the steeda hood struts and dead pedal today.

The hood struts are an easy job and well worth the money and effort. My only question is what to do with the old hood stick now? I took it out but don't have any paint to color over where it was attached so I decided to put it back in....then i got to thinking about it and why not just leave it....but I'd be interested in what others are doing with the hood brace.

The dead pedal is a little bit more of a pain in the arse. For some reason Steeda send the thing with ouot drilling the holes in the metal bracket so you have to first do that and attach the actual chrome pedal to the brace...then the installation begins...Pry off the plastic door frame deal from the bottom (easier than I expected) then they say remove the "push Pin" so you can take out the kick plate (plastic wall) on the left. The "push pin" was a bitch to get out. I expect blisters from that SOB so if anyone has a secret do tell. I spent 20 minutes twisting and turning and pulling and finally the damn thing came out but i admit to having never done this stuff before so I was leary to just rip it out (learning on a 50K vert that belongs to me is a little scary at times). Anyway then you have to remove this panel and roll back the carpet to get to a bolt that requires a 13MM wrench to loosen. The damn thing was tight too - an adjustable wouldn't hold it and there is no room for a socket....gues what size of wrench I don't have. I have 12mm and 14mm but no F'ing 13mm so at the 3rd neighbors house I finally got one and got this bitch to losen up. Getting the pedal and bracked back in there was a little challengine but after the other things not a big deal. Then trying to get the carpet back under it was a joy but it finally worked out and putting it back together was much easier and less painful than taking it apart. Really once I got the wrnch maybe 10 minutes to complete everything. It's in now and looks and feels good. I tightened up real tight too because the first time I didn't have it tight enough and I pushed it off the bolt when i put some pressure on it.

I'll get some pics at some point on here - I can't say enough about the hood struts - they are really nice to have. I'm eagerly awaiting the Corsa's now. Hoping to meet up with alloy dave tomarrow and see what he thinks too.

Weather seems to have turned for the better for us. i broke down and put in the steeda hood struts and dead pedal today.

The hood struts are an easy job and well worth the money and effort. My only question is what to do with the old hood stick now? I took it out but don't have any paint to color over where it was attached so I decided to put it back in....then i got to thinking about it and why not just leave it....but I'd be interested in what others are doing with the hood brace.

The dead pedal is a little bit more of a pain in the arse. For some reason Steeda send the thing with ouot drilling the holes in the metal bracket so you have to first do that and attach the actual chrome pedal to the brace...then the installation begins...Pry off the plastic door frame deal from the bottom (easier than I expected) then they say remove the "push Pin" so you can take out the kick plate (plastic wall) on the left. The "push pin" was a bitch to get out. I expect blisters from that SOB so if anyone has a secret do tell. I spent 20 minutes twisting and turning and pulling and finally the damn thing came out but i admit to having never done this stuff before so I was leary to just rip it out (learning on a 50K vert that belongs to me is a little scary at times). Anyway then you have to remove this panel and roll back the carpet to get to a bolt that requires a 13MM wrench to loosen. The damn thing was tight too - an adjustable wouldn't hold it and there is no room for a socket....gues what size of wrench I don't have. I have 12mm and 14mm but no F'ing 13mm so at the 3rd neighbors house I finally got one and got this bitch to losen up. Getting the pedal and bracked back in there was a little challengine but after the other things not a big deal. Then trying to get the carpet back under it was a joy but it finally worked out and putting it back together was much easier and less painful than taking it apart. Really once I got the wrnch maybe 10 minutes to complete everything. It's in now and looks and feels good. I tightened up real tight too because the first time I didn't have it tight enough and I pushed it off the bolt when i put some pressure on it.

I'll get some pics at some point on here - I can't say enough about the hood struts - they are really nice to have. I'm eagerly awaiting the Corsa's now. Hoping to meet up with alloy dave tomarrow and see what he thinks too.

a 13 mm wrench is so close to a 1/2" that you can use them interchangably.

a 14 mm is almost the same as a 9/16" too.

a 22 mm is almost the same as 7/8"

Many others are close. Not perfect...but close.

Dave

Hoping to meet up with alloy dave tomarrow and see what he thinks too.

Woo hoo...meet with Alloy Dave...I'm there dude...I'll call you between 10-11 AM....we'll agree on coordinates and a time. I'll bring a camera.

Dave

Corsa axel backs just arrived at the door :) Does it count as a winter project if I put them in before the week end - am very excited about this mod - it is one that I have been really eager to make as the care is so soft spoken stock.

Great news ice! If possible, make before and after sound clips.

AD

Corsa axel backs just arrived at the door :) Does it count as a winter project if I put them in before the week end - am very excited about this mod - it is one that I have been really eager to make as the care is so soft spoken stock.

I ordered a set of those too. Hope they come before the car shows. :doh:

I went and ran on the Dynojet today as opposed to the Mustang Dyno with the wrong info. The numbers make more sense now. The guy at the Dyno here near me (Automotive Specialists in Noblesville for those of you around central IN) is really cool. He did 5 pulls for me and helped put on the axel backs just because he wanted to hear them so I didn't have to lay on the garage floor and do it myself :)

They are e-mailing me the charts tonight so I will try to post them in here before the week end.

Net-net is Stock with the tune out just bone stock was 439-440HP - I can't recall the Torque of hand.

With Just the Tune from VMP we jumped up to about 471-472 and with the Corsa's we were right at 474-475 RWHP.

The car again went for spotless to filthy as it had to rain here today but I am pleased with the results and the Air/Fuel was in line as it was supposed to be as well. The trouble Ihave is that when I do this I can't pace myself well and am having to fight off the urges for more mods now. I want the CAI and pulley now and the suspension too. I can tell I'll break on the CAI soon. to date I see nothing I like better then JLT so they will pick up another believer in a few days I expect...maybe in the morning as Friday id $ day !!!

Corsa's look amazing, sound great, and add a little power....not a bad deal. I'll get some pics soon but sadly forgot to take the video camera so maybe just after video/sound at some point.

Archived