TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007-2009 GT500

mr ford

I think the 2010 is better looking inside and out. Most of the people who think the 2007-09 is better looking are people who own cars from those years. The only people I hear complaining about the rear end are people from this forum. I think the rear is actually better on the new car.

Well, you can't go wrong buying either one, but if you peruse other enthusiast boards you will see that some folks love the 2010 styling, and some hate it. That is the thing about styling, it is very subjective, so blanket statement just don't work.

I think the 2010 is better looking inside and out. Most of the people who think the 2007-09 is better looking are people who own cars from those years. The only people I hear complaining about the rear end are people from this forum. I think the rear is actually better on the new car.

I completely agree. I'm looking at both, but the only way I'd get a '07-'09 is if they want to sell me a basically new one in the mid $30's. I think the '10 is a better car all around visually. I love the new rims, HID's, and rear, the more I look at it the more I like it and the less I like the older model. But I guess that's highly subjective and to each their own, but it does seem those with the '07-'09 sitting in their garage feel the strongest that their car is better than the new one.

To me the 2007-2009 Shelby GT500 looks much more aggressive/raw. With the 2010 the front-end does look like a Dodge Ram. The rear looks like they tried to make it sleeker/lighter looking but failed. The interior is what kills me, they were trying way too hard and it came out really fussy, the striped seating is lame. They did win me with the alacantara steering wheel though, love that.

IMO the knockout of 2010 is the Mustang GT. That car looks great and the interior is so classic, especially in red leather, with the red steering wheel and chrome shifter, it looks gorgeous. Rather have the Mustang GT - especially if it comes out with that 400 hp engine.

To me the 2007-2009 Shelby GT500 looks much more aggressive/raw. With the 2010 the front-end does look like a Dodge Ram. The rear looks like they tried to make it sleeker/lighter looking but failed. The interior is what kills me, they were trying way too hard and it came out really fussy, the striped seating is lame. They did win me with the alacantara steering wheel though, love that.

IMO the knockout of 2010 is the Mustang GT. That car looks great and the interior is so classic, especially in red leather, with the red steering wheel and chrome shifter, it looks gorgeous. Rather have the Mustang GT - especially if it comes out with that 400 hp engine.

A 2011 Mustang GT based Shelby GT with 5.0L and 400HP would be a home run in my book!

You said it! I DO like the 07-09, but the 2010 blows it away in my opinion. For all of you who don't like the rear end, it's cuz you are used to yours. But in time, it will grow on you. Then you will see just how much more refined the 2010 is compared to the 07-09s. I never even considered owning a Ford until I saw the new 2010 GT500 about a year ago. I've never even owned a V8! Now I got the baddest mother of them all!

You said it! I DO like the 07-09, but the 2010 blows it away in my opinion. For all of you who don't like the rear end, it's cuz you are used to yours. But in time, it will grow on you.

I keep hearing this over and over "it will grow on you" or "it's growing on me."

I find this odd. It's like if someone said, "I really don't like the color blue!" and the person they said it to responded with, "Well just keep looking at it.. in time you will like it!"

Ummm NO!

I don't like asparagus either, I'm sure if I ate asparagus every single day I would probably not vomit at the thought of eating it.. because my body would become accustomed to it... BUT it doesn't mean that I would then LIKE asparagus!!

The rear is hideous. H I D E O U S! BUT like was said before, different strokes for different folks.

For instance... using my food analogy, some people LIKE asparagus, doesn't mean it's good, just means THEY happen to like it. To the folks that hate it, it does nothing for their opinion of it.

(Long explanation short)--- If you like it WONDERFUL, but stop deluding yourself into believing others will like it "in time."

I keep hearing this over and over "it will grow on you" or "it's growing on me."

I find this odd. It's like if someone said, "I really don't like the color blue!" and the person they said it to responded with, "Well just keep looking at it.. in time you will like it!"

Ummm NO!

I don't like asparagus either, I'm sure if I ate asparagus every single day I would probably not vomit at the thought of eating it.. because my body would become accustomed to it... BUT it doesn't mean that I would then LIKE asparagus!!

The rear is hideous. H I D E O U S! BUT like was said before, different strokes for different folks.

For instance... using my food analogy, some people LIKE asparagus, doesn't mean it's good, just means THEY happen to like it. To the folks that hate it, it does nothing for their opinion of it.

(Long explanation short)--- If you like it WONDERFUL, but stop deluding yourself into believing others will like it "in time."

Shelby = asparagus ?? Great analogy... :headscratch:

Ummm NO!

Haven't you heard that time heals just about any sickness :hysterical:

They'd have to make a new (more square) tailight design, AND a new bumper to go with it to fix that rear end to my liking. The way the tailights angle upwards on the bottom looks pretty much like puke to me.

I don't mind the front/sides, but that rear will put me off ever buying a 2010+ unless there's a decent aftermarket replacement at some point.

+1

I serviced a new 2010 Gt500 Saturday. All I can say is I'm really happy with my 2008 model. I think they missed the mark with the new styling inside and out. The interior seemed more cramped with the redesigned door pannels. The dash is too busy with all the sync and controls. The rear is just plain bad (really bad) in my opinion. The smoked chrome rims looks as if the are covered in brake dust all the time.From the pictures I saw I thought I liked the 2010 rims better,But seeing them in person I like the 07-09 ones better. While I was siting in the car I said to myself I would'nt buy one if this was it.

Man that 2010 has one UGLY BUTT!

Archived