TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007-2009 GT500

mr ford

I serviced a new 2010 Gt500 Saturday. All I can say is I'm really happy with my 2008 model. I think they missed the mark with the new styling inside and out. The interior seemed more cramped with the redesigned door pannels. The dash is too busy with all the sync and controls. The rear is just plain bad (really bad) in my opinion. The smoked chrome rims looks as if the are covered in brake dust all the time.From the pictures I saw I thought I liked the 2010 rims better,But seeing them in person I like the 07-09 ones better. While I was siting in the car I said to myself I would'nt buy one if this was it.

I serviced a new 2010 Gt500 Saturday. All I can say is I'm really happy with my 2008 model. I think they missed the mark with the new styling inside and out. The interior seemed more cramped with the redesigned door pannels. The dash is too busy with all the sync and controls. The rear is just plain bad (really bad) in my opinion. The smoked chrome rims looks as if the are covered in brake dust all the time.From the pictures I saw I thought I liked the 2010 rims better,But seeing them in person I like the 07-09 ones better. While I was siting in the car I said to myself I would'nt buy one if this was it.

An honest assessment.

+1 They also ruined the rear of the car.

I agree.

Seeing the "old" right next to the "new" (thanks, Rob) was not a good thing for me. The 2010 was starting to grow on me (other than the rear portion) but seeing them side by side really drove home how different they are. Just looking at the exteriors, the 2010 just does not do it for me. :(

Jim

I was waiting on a 2010 at the local Ford dealer.I was first on the list.I kept calling and calling.The delivery date kept getting put back.I found a used 2007 for a killer deal,not really what I had my mind set on at the time but didn't want to miss out on a good deal.I bought the 2007.I took the extra money that I would of spent on the 2010 and upgraded the rear suspension and some other goodies then I bought a Kenne Bell 2.8H. I have to say that I made the right choice I love this car.This car is so fun to drive.It is defentially a sleeper.After having the 2007 and going to car shows I don't llike the body styling of the 2010.

Seeing the "old" right next to the "new" (thanks, Rob) was not a good thing for me. The 2010 was starting to grow on me (other than the rear portion) but seeing them side by side really drove home how different they are. Just looking at the exteriors, the 2010 just does not do it for me. :(

Jim

+1

CC

Like many others here, I was holding judgment on the 2010's until I could spend some quality time with one in person. Well, this past week I spent 5 days in Sturgis for the 3rd Annual Sturgis Mustang Rally and I was up close and personal with 4 different 2010's. Two coupes and two convertibles. I must say, by the time I left, they had grown on me. I like them. In person, they really look good. Not so much the rear end, but it too grew on me.

I'll keep mine for sure, but I would not mind a 2010 too! :happy feet:

I agree with everything the OP wrote.

I think the interior bits ARE nicer to a degree, BUT overall I much prefer the cleaner look of my '07.

And the exterior... not even a close race.

The rear is just... well, you know.

And the front looks "squished" to me. It also kind of reminds me of a Dodge Ram truck.

I much prefer the look of the front WITHOUT the HID projectors though... it's not AS bad with the regular lights.

About the only thing I prefer on the exterior is the side hips, that's it.

Glad I've got my '07 :)

+1

I too hate the rear end of the 2010. Aside from the rims/rear i do like the rest of the details on the 2010. But with the mustang having one of the biggest aftermarket lines out there for parts, would any of you change your mind on the 2010 if/when some company makes a new taillight design?

They'd have to make a new (more square) tailight design, AND a new bumper to go with it to fix that rear end to my liking. The way the tailights angle upwards on the bottom looks pretty much like puke to me.

I don't mind the front/sides, but that rear will put me off ever buying a 2010+ unless there's a decent aftermarket replacement at some point.

I think we are concentrating on the wrong thing here. Have you driven one? Outa the hole they are fun with the lower rear gears-at first. Then you hit fifth and sixth...........bogggggg. Sixth isn't even usable until 80 MPH. After owning an '07 and seeing how fun a relatively linear and balanced grearing setup is I can't believe they went for mileage in that way.

I think we are concentrating on the wrong thing here. Have you driven one? Outa the hole they are fun with the lower rear gears-at first. Then you hit fifth and sixth...........bogggggg. Sixth isn't even usable until 80 MPH. After owning an '07 and seeing how fun a relatively linear and balanced grearing setup is I can't believe they went for mileage in that way.

Call me crazy, but I prefer the look of the 2010 GT over the 2010 GT500.

I think the 2010 is better looking inside and out. Most of the people who think the 2007-09 is better looking are people who own cars from those years. The only people I hear complaining about the rear end are people from this forum. I think the rear is actually better on the new car.

+100000 2007 To 2009 Way better looking car! I bought my 2008 at the end of 2008 and soooo glad I got her! I really like the 2010 Wheels and Front headlights, but the dodge frontend looks so bad. I also dont like the lower rear its just wrong. thats just my .02cents!

they are both nice mustangs though! If I was rich I would buy one , but I am opting for a Camaro instead! : )

2008 GT500

Soon 2011 Camaro SS : )

P.S. keeping the GT500 dont worry guys and Gals still want to be apart of the Elite!

I think the 2010 is better looking inside and out. Most of the people who think the 2007-09 is better looking are people who own cars from those years. The only people I hear complaining about the rear end are people from this forum. I think the rear is actually better on the new car.

Whenever someone says that, I'm gonna post this.

fto-spoiler.jpg

:runaway::rant:

Archived