TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT-H conundrum

dadoody

I wanted to get a take here on how LOW you guys think the prices will drop for a Shelby GT-H.

The GT-H is the only Shelby I really want. I know it's not the fastest, but, to me, it is the best looking one.

My problem is that I drive a Lexus GS430. It's also a V8....almost as much horsepower, and eats about as much gasoline.

The Pros of the Lexus is: The interior is spacious and comfortable. Very comfortable ride.

The Con of the Lexus is: The exterior is silver and boring. It's got an understated classy look, but it blends with all the other Japanese cars on the road.

I've been jonesing for a Shelby GT-H for a while now, and for the current price, I'd have to sell the Lexus to buy the GT-H.

How low do you men think the GT-H will drop? I want it as a daily driver, and I don't think I'd have a problem with repainting and re-striping the car if it's all torn up, but I'd like one with a sound engine and all the seals still in one piece.

I personally think the GT-H is going be valued based on mileage. Lower mileage cars are going to always bring some money since they only made 500. High mileage cars will be cheaper and I could see them dropping in the mid 20's in the next couple of years. I think it will be a lot like a Corvette. If you have a very low mileage perfect Corvette they seem to retain their value regardless of age. Depreciation seemed to be based more on condidtion and mileage then the year it was made.

SVT

2006 GT-H #417

2008 Vapor GT500

I agree. There will probably always be a wide range for GTHs because there are plenty that are either museum pieces or "investments" and others driven daily (okay, just a few) and lots more in between. I'm seeing some higher mileage cars going for the upper 20s, which is still quite a premium over a regular or GT Mustang of recent years.

If you're going to buy one to drive everyday, you won't be disappointed and I think it is safe to say you'll get a lot more for your money than another comparably priced car. For that matter, you'll probably get more fun for your dollar than most of the GTH owners here, too!

Talked to a buyer at Kruse and they sold 2 GTH Mustangs this past weekend for mid 30's. The lower mileage ones (under 20K) are rare and extremely hard to find under $40,000.

I wanted to get a take here on how LOW you guys think the prices will drop for a Shelby GT-H.

The GT-H is the only Shelby I really want. I know it's not the fastest, but, to me, it is the best looking one.

My problem is that I drive a Lexus GS430. It's also a V8....almost as much horsepower, and eats about as much gasoline.

The Pros of the Lexus is: The interior is spacious and comfortable. Very comfortable ride.

The Con of the Lexus is: The exterior is silver and boring. It's got an understated classy look, but it blends with all the other Japanese cars on the road.

I've been jonesing for a Shelby GT-H for a while now, and for the current price, I'd have to sell the Lexus to buy the GT-H.

How low do you men think the GT-H will drop? I want it as a daily driver, and I don't think I'd have a problem with repainting and re-striping the car if it's all torn up, but I'd like one with a sound engine and all the seals still in one piece.

It all depends on how long you want to wait.

I can see the Hertz cars in the high teens within another year or two. Of course they will have 50,000+ miles, no warranty, some damage, generally a used car but a desirable used car.

GTH's with under 10k miles will probably hold their value from the high $20k's to the mid $30k's.

So if you want a Hertz for under $20k you'll be able to find one in the near future but again it will be a well used car with possibly some unique Shelby parts missing.

Steve

Find the car that you want. I waited until I found the right one for me, which also turned out to be the car that I used/rented for my wedding.

(Actually my wife surprised me with the gth rental so she deserves all of the credit). I had to sell my driver in order to purchase my gth, and I currently drive mine every day. The way that I see it, a car is made to be driven. I do agree however, that in the future a low mileage gth will sell for a higher price. However, pretty soon all of the hertz cars in good/decent condition with a clean carfax will be gone. As a matter of fact, all 06 and 07's will disappear in the near future. Here's the way that I look at it. I drive my car every day, and I plan on keeping it. If the day comes that I have to part with it, there(hopefully) won't be many gth's for sale. My mileage might be higher than some, but as long as the car has been taken care of mechanically and aesthetically, I should be able to painfully part with it for more than I paid for it. Check out ebay and autotrader, they're still out there. Personally, I'd avoid a car with more than 36,000 miles. Good luck!!

It all depends on how long you want to wait.

I can see the Hertz cars in the high teens within another year or two. Of course they will have 50,000+ miles, no warranty, some damage, generally a used car but a desirable used car.

GTH's with under 10k miles will probably hold their value from the high $20k's to the mid $30k's.

So if you want a Hertz for under $20k you'll be able to find one in the near future but again it will be a well used car with possibly some unique Shelby parts missing.

Steve

I can live with that.

How hard would it be to have Shelby send me some of them unique Sheby parts if a car is missing some?

I can live with that.

How hard would it be to have Shelby send me some of them unique Sheby parts if a car is missing some?

Ahh yeah, that will be near impossible. Some requests for unique parts have been unsuccessful. You see they built 1000 GT-H cars in 06 and 07 so the only ordered what they needed for unique parts. HERTZ fender emblems are a good example of this. A few people have them missing off their cars and have tried to get replacements with no luck.

QSS

Ahh yeah, that will be near impossible. Some requests for unique parts have been unsuccessful. You see they built 1000 GT-H cars in 06 and 07 so the only ordered what they needed for unique parts. HERTZ fender emblems are a good example of this. A few people have them missing off their cars and have tried to get replacements with no luck.

QSS

Would it be better to remove them emblems are use better adhesives?

Some idiots jacked the Gold H from my Honda a few years back. I would hate to see any emblems from Shelby to go missing.

Archived