TEAM SHELBY FORUM

stripes

Does anyone have any info on getting the vinyl stripes for our shelbys im only looking for the rear bumper pieces would a local shop do the trick or is there somewhere i can order genuine ford stripes?

You can order them from your Ford dealer but they are expensive. You can order individual stripes in some cases and pairs in other cases. I believe the bumper stripes are sold separate but the ones around the faux gas cap are sold as a pair.

If you are just doing the rear bumper probably best to order from Ford. I have not been able to source any performance white in vinyl. I can get it in flexpaint but it is expensive and would cost as much as the factory stripes if not more for the material.

Check-out this company at www.itspaint.com.I used their vista blue product on my new hood and it was a perfect match!

This is the same material as I was talking about above (flexpaint). I have five rolls of it sitting behind me for other projects. The issue is there is not enough demand for the product to keep it on hand and there is a minimum order quantity of 4 yards which costs about $260. If you wanted to go that route I could cut the stripes for you but you would have to purchase the 4 yards. I am doing this for a couple of other people and they are opting to cut extra stripes to use up the rest of the material, so they will have replacement stripes for the front of their car, etc.

What is everyones opinion about paintinig them on? :headscratch:

Here we go :hysterical:

Seriously there are lots of opinions on this and it has been debated over the past two years. All points are valid so I will let others chime in.

Here we go :hysterical:

Seriously there are lots of opinions on this and it has been debated over the past two years. All points are valid so I will let others chime in.

The only opinion I have is that if they are correctly done, then I am all for it. Especially if you wanted a different combo stripe that wasnt available. I plan on going it sometime, but I plan to leave on my stripes so the body shop CANT get it wrong on the alignment. If you leave them on, then they can get the lines right and all should be ok. Then just pick your color. Thanks ford for setting up my stripe stencil kit....hehehhe.

I've got a slight fold/bubble on the stripe on my hood where the stripe meets the heat extractor. I've been debating attempting to have the dealer re-do it under warranty, but I'm kind of nervous they'll mess it up. Should I attempt this or leave well enough alone, and will the dealer even cover this under warranty?

lol thanks for all the replys everyone honestly i just want them to be done properly the flexpaint doesnt look like a bad idea but original ford parts are always good to now im not a keep it stock melvin but you would think going stock would be cheaper but then again with all the stories i hear about at the stealership i dunno

the stripes do look slick most of the time has anyone seen a stripeless gt500 in person how does that look???

I need to order the white stripes for the rear spoiler, left stripe only if possible. (2 pieces) I didn't think I could get just those pieces. I'd even be happy if I could order for just the spoiler, left and right side.

I believe the spoiler stripes are sold as top (both left and right) as one part and bottom (both left and right) as one part. The bumper you should be able to buy the left by itself.

All of this stripe talk is making me nervous. I am having my black hood stripes replaced next week. The stripes had scratches on them when I bought the car 1-year ago today and the dealer is just getting around to replacing them. The dealer said they don’t do the work, they have a company that does that kind of work comes in to do it. The dealer removes the old stripes and has the company put the replacements on. The replacements are from Ford. My stomach will be churning until I see the results. I was thinking of backing out and living with the scratches. Does anyone know if Ford includes instructions with hood stripes?

All of this stripe talk is making me nervous. I am having my black hood stripes replaced next week. The stripes had scratches on them when I bought the car 1-year ago today and the dealer is just getting around to replacing them. The dealer said they don’t do the work, they have a company that does that kind of work comes in to do it. The dealer removes the old stripes and has the company put the replacements on. The replacements are from Ford. My stomach will be churning until I see the results. I was thinking of backing out and living with the scratches. Does anyone know if Ford includes instructions with hood stripes?

Not much on the instructions. They will probably hand the stripes over to their local stripe guy and say do it. They are not that difficult to put on though. Don't stress too much. The biggest issue is making sure they are placed properly so they fall underneath your vents. You don't want to look at your vents and see the edge of the stripe peaking out.

Not much on the instructions. They will probably hand the stripes over to their local stripe guy and say do it. They are not that difficult to put on though. Don't stress too much. The biggest issue is making sure they are placed properly so they fall underneath your vents. You don't want to look at your vents and see the edge of the stripe peaking out.

Do you make any SS stripes ? I need some. Black middle and blue on the sides.

I've got a slight fold/bubble on the stripe on my hood where the stripe meets the heat extractor. I've been debating attempting to have the dealer re-do it under warranty, but I'm kind of nervous they'll mess it up. Should I attempt this or leave well enough alone, and will the dealer even cover this under warranty?

Mr. Farmdog, any thoughts on this??

Do you make any SS stripes ? I need some. Black middle and blue on the sides.

I have not made any SS style stripes yet. Iwas planning to convert my car to that style but I think I have decided to leave it as is for now. I kind of like the KR look. Doing Black and Blue would require that it be pieced together on the car (lay the black first and then the blue). That would be best done by a professional IMO). I love to take on special projects like that but in order for it to be successful there is lots of planning and design needed to make it work right. If you are interested in kicking this around shoot me a PM and I will send you my number.

Mr. Farmdog, any thoughts on this??

First i think I would see if they could cover it under warranty. If they would then I would start there since it is free. If they would not then I would see if there was anything I could do to correct it. I am thinking apply heat to it and try to lift the stripe a bit and reset it. This may make it look better or worse though so you should make the decision ahead of time that if it does not work then you will replace it. Finally there is the slight chance that if you replace one stripe it might not match the other side. You could always replace one and then make the decision to replace the other later.

The other option is to replace with something other than factory stripes. I would look at the ACI flexpaint product as an alternative. Sounds complicated but that is how I would approach it.

so come to find out that the parts department sells the stock stripes in pieces they are quite pricey i was able to get mine at about 190 for just both of the ones on the rear bumper so im not sure how much the whole kit would cost

for anyone that wants a piece redone the manager made it sound like that could be done under warranty

hope this helps someone

so come to find out that the parts department sells the stock stripes in pieces they are quite pricey i was able to get mine at about 190 for just both of the ones on the rear bumper so im not sure how much the whole kit would cost

for anyone that wants a piece redone the manager made it sound like that could be done under warranty

hope this helps someone

The stripes I bought about 2 years ago (Tungsten) cost me about $1000 for the set for a vert.

If you are just doing the rear bumper probably best to order from Ford. I have not been able to source any performance white in vinyl. I can get it in flexpaint but it is expensive and would cost as much as the factory stripes if not more for the material.

I may be wrong, not the first or last time, but aren't the stripes "oxford white" and the body is "performance white"? (not that it really matters)

I may be wrong, not the first or last time, but aren't the stripes "oxford white" and the body is "performance white"? (not that it really matters)

All the other stripes have been the same color as paint offered on cars, at least that was my thought. I could be wrong to though. I hope not as I was literally just about to cut up this roll of performance white flexpaint!

100_6284.jpg

All the other stripes have been the same color as paint offered on cars, at least that was my thought. I could be wrong to though. I hope not as I was literally just about to cut up this roll of performance white flexpaint!

According to the 2007 order guide the stripes are Performance White.

2007OrderGuideColorCombos.jpg

Archived