TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SCCA Track day @ Summit Point W VA

joetroberts

Attached is the link to the SCCA Washington DC area website with the info you need to joint me and my 07 Shelby GT on Saturday OCT 31for a day of fun. Cost is $225.00, this track has 20 turns and my top speed is around 110 ish mph. it has a banked turn, it's a lot of fun

Final 2009 PDX-Club Trial Registration is Now Open!

Hey there, Track Fans. Registration for the final 2009 WDCR SCCA Performance Driving Experience and Club Trial event of the season is now open.

The format for this weekend (October 31st- November 1st) will be split into a full-day PDX on Saturday (along with a a Halloween party!), and a split PDX and Club-Trial day on Sunday. Sunday's PDX will be slightly abbreviated which is why costs are slightly less. We are NOT charging more for the Party afterwards! Costs for the event are as follows:

PDX and Halloween Party (10/31 ONLY) $225.00

PDX ONLY Sunday, (11/01 ONLY) $175.00

PDX and Halloween Party Saturday and Sunday (10/31 and 11/01) $350.00

Club Trials Only Sunday 11/01 $100.00

Combined Two-day PDX and Club Trials and Halloween Party $400.00

Combined PDX and CT Sunday ONLY $225.00

Instructors who teach on Saturday and Sunday who wish to participate in Club Trials will pay $50.00

Instructors who teach on Sunday only and wish to participate in the Club Trials $75.00

Registration links are in the Calendar to the left, or Drivers may register with this link. Volunteer flaggers, don't forget out about "work 3, get one free" plan. Volunteers can sign up here.

http://www.wdcr-scca.org/LinkClick.aspx?fi...02&mid=2470

post-12347-1252430695_thumb.jpg

post-12347-1252430695_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Update - I signed up for the event today. My friend and I are going to install my new rotors/pads/lines and fluid on the day before the event (he has an auto shop in Maryland, w/ lifts, all the tools, etc.). Looking forward to it!

We're also planning to race the karts there as time permits. http://www.summitpointkart.com/

Update - I signed up for the event today. My friend and I are going to install my new rotors/pads/lines and fluid on the day before the event (he has an auto shop in Maryland, w/ lifts, all the tools, etc.). Looking forward to it!

We're also planning to race the karts there as time permits. http://www.summitpointkart.com/

Bob, I have 14" rear drill & slotted baer Rotor that will not work with my stock wheels. trying to sell, If you like, make we an offer. I paid over $ 600.00 but I'll take much less.

See you at the track

Bob, I have 14" rear drill & slotted baer Rotor that will not work with my stock wheels. trying to sell, If you like, make we an offer. I paid over $ 600.00 but I'll take much less.

See you at the track

Joe - I already have all my parts; rotors, pads, s/s lines & fluid, so I'm good to go. I'm looking forward to it and hopefully it won't be a wet & rain event!

Edit - wow that was my 7000th post!

• 3 weeks later...

I (and my car) survived the track day!

I didn't have even a minute to post or update anything during the weekend. Last night I started uploading some photos and also video to YouTube. Hopefully between tonight and tomorrow night I'll be able to post links to that stuff and tell the story (on my blog) of a great day at the track.

OK all; If you will go to my blog at the following link; you will find a short story about my weekend at the track and my brake upgrades, along with links to the videos and photos!

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...mp;showentry=68

OK all; If you will go to my blog at the following link; you will find a short story about my weekend at the track and my brake upgrades, along with links to the videos and photos!

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...mp;showentry=68

Bob, we just need to get the word to all Shelby owner about PDX next year at NJMP.

PS. the Mustang Bullitt show up on Sunday for the Club trials and has a top 5 finish. He has 10" wheel all around

post-12347-1257725764_thumb.jpg

post-12347-1257725764_thumb.jpg

Joe, just curious - what was your best ET in the Time Trials? I'm curious to know what our cars can do there. I didn't get any times on mine during the PDX.

• 2 weeks later...
Joe, just curious - what was your best ET in the Time Trials? I'm curious to know what our cars can do there. I didn't get any times on mine during the PDX.

Bob, the times are posted on the WDCR website (google SCCA of DC) to find the site. I can tell that the fastest car was the AC Cobra and 3rd place was the Mustang Bullitt

post-12347-1258504236_thumb.jpg

Bob, the times are posted on the WDCR website (google SCCA of DC) to find the site. I can tell that the fastest car was the AC Cobra and 3rd place was the Mustang Bullitt

I went there and found the link to "My Laps" but found only names, not cars. I'm not sure if I found the right place. I was just curious because I used to run 1:34's +/- on the big track w/ my BMW 2002 in the "old days".

Archived