TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby's on two week hold

yrrej48

Ok guys, I'm afraid I have no news....you've already got it all figured out.

My mom is going through a difficult stage...so that took some work yesterday. I'll not go into that.

I tried to call Ralph many times today, kept getting a different guy's voicemail. As others have said, he's likely out for the remainder of the year. Since Coldy has left messages, I'm not going to call anyone else, don't want to deluge them with the same request.

As for the cable and wheel shortage issues causing fewer Mustangs to be built, not necessarily so. They may run 500 extra Mazdas for the next 10 days, then run a higher mix of Mustangs later when all the parts come in. This is another example of being careful not to make too many assumptions and speculating.

I'm a curious kind of guy (Engineering undergrad), so I'd like to know in more detail what's causing the cables to "freeze". Anyone have specifics? Maybe it's not that they ARE freezing, but that they COULD if they don't alter them. For example, maybe there's a rubber shield to keep water out of the sheath, and that seal is not doing it's job.

I think it's really sad what's going on with all the issues on the car. Traction control issues, coolant leaks, supercharger pulleys spitting some fluid, a radiator where the tubes are loose, delaminating air filters, brake cable issues, failing coils...etc. Way too many issues IMO. :redcard:

Dave

What I was told today by our field rep was that it was in fact a rubber shield that was letting water pass and the cables were freezing on a few cars before they caught it.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I was told today by our field rep was that it was in fact a rubber shield that was letting water pass and the cables were freezing on a few cars before they caught it.

Ah ha...that helps. When I first read the word "freezing", I was thinking of them rusting so badly that they would not move....I've changed many like that and we always said they were "frozen with rust". In this case, you are saying that water actually froze around the cable....that makes sense. Thanks.

Dave

I'm glad they are fixing it but I really wish they would just ship the car and let the dealer install the fix because a FREEZING EMERGENCY BRAKE CABLE WON"T BE A BIG PROBLEM IN SE TEXAS :hysterical2:

What we really need in Texas is a gyigundo radiator and standard tranny and motor oil coolers.....

Please explain the Job #1 and Job #2 terms. I have my window sticker (although not my car!)and it says that my car is a Job #2 order but it's a regular GT :headscratch:

Job 1 is the first production date of a new model year. Job 2 is a mid model year build that reflects any mid model year changes in the vehicle like the navigation system on Mustangs as an example.

I thought you all would get a chuckle out of this...i called ford c.s. this morning to see if my conv't might be on it's way to the dealer, and the young man i spoke to told me, and i quote, "...your car will be loaded onto a boat and shipped from one shipping yard to another shipping yard somewhere else. Then it will go to the selling dealership." ............huh????? After i stopped laughing, i asked him what he meant by a boat and he repeated what he had said. Man oh man, is ford in trouble............

more e-brake cable info.......spoke to an engineer in the plant a few minutes ago, and he says that there are about 2500 cars (not all shelbys) sitting waiting for updated cables. their plan is that when the plant shuts down for the holiday to have a crew of techs working on replacing the cables on the affected cars. as the car is completed, it still should ship. the plant is closed from after tomorrow until jan 2nd.

Just as long as it's not a "baloney" sandwich post. :hysterical2:

..hoping no baloney to it, will find out about 10 am when I should be actually looking at the beast. Thank the lord that kansas city is not getting the snow that denver is right now. I am starting to get worried for all the folks stranded out there.

..hoping no baloney to it, will find out about 10 am when I should be actually looking at the beast. Thank the lord that kansas city is not getting the snow that denver is right now. I am starting to get worried for all the folks stranded out there.

Well its been a long wait here as well, but I just got off the phone with a customer service rep at Union Pacific and he said my train is due in about 2pm tomorrow afternoon! WOot! Anyways, Im figuring on a Saturday delivery as it will probably take the rest of the day tomorrow to unload the railcars here in Las Vegas. Pics soon to follow!

Well its been a long wait here as well, but I just got off the phone with a customer service rep at Union Pacific and he said my train is due in about 2pm tomorrow afternoon! WOot! Anyways, Im figuring on a Saturday delivery as it will probably take the rest of the day tomorrow to unload the railcars here in Las Vegas. Pics soon to follow!

Did you say :woot:

Congrats.

I hear you loud and clear on the snow. Good luck tomorrow...now go to bed, and count SHEEP. :hysterical::hysterical:

..wonderful news, I'm glad to hear it is almost over for you, the psds that is. :hysterical2:

..wonderful news, I'm glad to hear it is almost over for you, the psds that is. :hysterical2:

Thanks!! It hasnt been so bad for me though. I ordered my car in October and it got built November 17th, so I havent had to wait nearly as long as some of the others! Thank god...Im not good at waiting! lol

• 2 weeks later...

Ours is past due.................built 11/27 week.

How do you get the trasit information? I need my car.................aspirin please.

What is customer service saying is your status?

Where do you live? We need to know if it will go rail.

If it goes rail, then when it ships your dealer should be able to get you the railcar number. Then pm that info to fastbackman.

Good luck.

Dave

Archived