TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ADMS at our store

1badsho

We have a buyer who wants to Shelbys and is willing to pay big money for them. Our allocation for 07 is done with. We got two .. mine and one customers.

We are looking for two cars and will pay about 15000 over and than go back and charge our customer $20,000 over.

I think we are charging him a convertible .. with shipping to his area somewhere in excess of $60,000.

I know you can get cars cheaper so why this guy is doing this I dont know. Also ... I am aware of the fact that he might be even on this forum so I am choosing my words carefully. My first script was a tad more open ! :censored:

I think from what I heard from the salesperson .. is that he won the lottery .... but I know we are looking for two cars for him...

dond

We have a buyer who wants to Shelbys and is willing to pay big money for them. Our allocation for 07 is done with. We got two .. mine and one customers.

We are looking for two cars and will pay about 15000 over and than go back and charge our customer $20,000 over.

I think we are charging him a convertible .. with shipping to his area somewhere in excess of $60,000.

I know you can get cars cheaper so why this guy is doing this I dont know. Also ... I am aware of the fact that he might be even on this forum so I am choosing my words carefully. My first script was a tad more open ! :censored:

I think from what I heard from the salesperson .. is that he won the lottery .... but I know we are looking for two cars for him...

dond

At $60k on a convertible, you are only getting about 11 or 12k. Your dealer must not like to make money if it is paying 15 over for them.

At $60k on a convertible, you are only getting about 11 or 12k. Your dealer must not like to make money if it is paying 15 over for them.

Not totally correct.

If the customer is paying us $20,000 over .... +++ and we buy the cars for $15000 over ... customer pays shipping and all incidentals .. than our store makes $10,000 on the two cars total.

I dare any store to try to equal those profit margins .. only vehicle that can do that is the F250 King Ranch

dond

Not totally correct.

If the customer is paying us $20,000 over .... +++ and we buy the cars for $15000 over ... customer pays shipping and all incidentals .. than our store makes $10,000 on the two cars total.

I dare any store to try to equal those profit margins .. only vehicle that can do that is the F250 King Ranch

dond

Another dealer rapist. :chairshot:

dond

Check with Bickford Ford in Snohomish Washingto. They bought 25 alloctions from Mom and Pop Ford Dealers all over the country. Ed

Another dealer rapist. :chairshot:

[/quo

I Completely disagree, he has showed his true colors as a Shelby enthusiast, his job is at a dealership and that is his job. If I make 15k on the car I bought, that's great, it's America. I did my due diligence on purchasing my car and someone wants to pay for not doing theirs, that's great also, it's America. In our society the early bird gets the worm. If a deal can be done, that's grand, I'll pick one up at 5k over, say in about 2 weeks?

Only problem I have is the tax issue, 7 1/2 I payed on the one I have and the 7 1/2 I'll have to pay on the new one. That's 15% that in between the list I payed and new one I'll buy, so I don't know if it would even work. I still need to do the math.

Lutzcat

Great another ADM endorser. Does any other supplier of new goods in America charge you extra for anything based on a "Locality Adjustment" I believe some are calling it? I think not. :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse:

What's the problem, some people bought at list, some bought 20k over, it's called a market, if the over people have a problem with it, well they have a problem. It's still a piece of steel and plastic, a commodity and if they are over 2 produced they will be sold and traded til the end!!

Not totally correct.

dond

You said in your previous post that you were getting somewhere in excess of $60,000. Depends on the excess, but,

$48,000 (MSRP) + $15,000 = $63,000 (your cost). So, What I was saying is at $60k, you are taking a loss.

Great another ADM endorser. Does any other supplier of new goods in America charge you extra for anything based on a "Locality Adjustment" I believe some are calling it? I think not. :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse:

Weren't you one of the ones that was e-ganging up on me for being anti-ADM?

I specifically remember you were beating up on people paying ADM's. Nobody likes ADM's but the dealer. I didn't beat up on individuals paying them as you were. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

What's the problem, some people bought at list, some bought 20k over, it's called a market, if the over people have a problem with it, well they have a problem. It's still a piece of steel and plastic, a commodity and if they are over 2 produced they will be sold and traded til the end!!

Once again, my point was, what other retail item has been treated this way. Wal Mart has not raped the public on Playstations or Nintendos. If individuals on ebay do it thats different. Dealers should abide by the manufacturers pricing structure or forfeit thier right to sell the product.

I specifically remember you were beating up on people paying ADM's. Nobody likes ADM's but the dealer. I didn't beat up on individuals paying them as you were. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

Once again, my point was, what other retail item has been treated this way. Wal Mart has not raped the public on Playstations or Nintendos. If individuals on ebay do it thats different. Dealers should abide by the manufacturers pricing structure or forfeit thier right to sell the product.

Maybe I came across that way, but, my original statement was that the sense of urgency needed to go away as it was driving the market. Not intended to be aimed at any specific person, just the situation.

No problm 5.4. I'm sure we could have a beer and complain equally about it. :beerchug:

:beerchug:

NP, MM. It was just one of those situations that got misread and blew up. Here is the original post:

It's that mentality that is driving this over-inflated market. Ford will make as many of these as they can. It is selling like hotcakes. They won't stop making them until they aren't selling well. Hau Tai Tang himself said they were "going to make one for everyone that wants one."

This needless sense of urgency needs to go away.

I posted that after someone said something along the line of "Pay the ADM it is worth it. You may not get another chance to get one of these cars"

You said in your previous post that you were getting somewhere in excess of $60,000. Depends on the excess, but,

$48,000 (MSRP) + $15,000 = $63,000 (your cost). So, What I was saying is at $60k, you are taking a loss.

Guys ... and gals ... ( got to be politically correct here ! :happy feet: )

I know some stores ... and there adms our ridicoulous. Regarding our situation at our store. I dont know how the salesman got the lead but if memory serves me correct customer called our store.

The guy just wants to shelbys and for us to be able to procur two cars, this is what we would have to charge. Remember in sales (this was taught to me along time ago) the customer always has the advantage even up to signing. Rarely will a dealer keep a deposit unless its a unique situation.

Its the customers repsonsiblity to get the very best deal they can from the dealer in question and its the dealers responsiblity to get the highest profit margin they can.

The customer always has the advantage for at any time even after signing all the papers .. if they choose not to get in the car and drive off with it, they can walk out and there is no deal. In the state of florida they have to drive off the property for the deal to be legally consumated.

I know ADMs have fallen and I have to be somewhat careful here because this person actually could be on this forum therefore I wont give my personal thoughts on this transaction :stop::doh: .... But this customer wants the cars ... he is willing to pay the $20000 over plus shipping ... which i guess does barely add up to 60000 ... ( sometimes i do stupid math ! ) ...

Our store when it sold the two shelbys we got .. were sold for just a tad over msrp .. and i was a small tad .. :happy feet: trust me .. im sworn to secrecy ... but i never would have bought my shelby if it was anywhere close to $50,000

dond

Archived