TEAM SHELBY FORUM

cervinis / shelby side window louvers

scottysjet

Guys I bought a Gt500Kr Vista Blue # 530 a couple of weeks ago, would like to do some upgrades, wonder if anyone has added the louvers ( same one that come on ss), I like the bodyside scoop also, but are reluctent to use an adhesive product on the paint. these cars are wonderful, when you buy one the list begins.Thanks,S cott

post-26121-1252342349_thumb.jpg

post-26121-1252342349_thumb.jpg

Guys I bought a Gt500Kr Vista Blue # 530 a couple of weeks ago, would like to do some upgrades, wonder if anyone has added the louvers ( same one that come on ss), I like the bodyside scoop also, but are reluctent to use an adhesive product on the paint. these cars are wonderful, when you buy one the list begins.Thanks,S cott

Different color same idea....i like them some days and hate them otehrs. U get a vibrational rattle at speed from the windows and i had to have them installed twice. IMHO i wouldnt do it again if i could go back. But at the same time it does look nice.

post-19906-1252353179_thumb.jpg

post-19906-1252353194_thumb.jpg

post-19906-1252353205_thumb.jpg

post-19906-1252353217_thumb.jpg

post-19906-1252353179_thumb.jpg

post-19906-1252353194_thumb.jpg

post-19906-1252353205_thumb.jpg

post-19906-1252353217_thumb.jpg

Just to add to my above post, i wouldnt put htem on a KR at all. Its too much a rare car that this would cheapin it i think. If i were you i would invest some money in an after market clone hood and keep the original in the garge somewhere safe and the same forthe front splitter. That way you dont ever have to run into the debacle another KR owner has run into.

Just to add to my above post, i wouldnt put htem on a KR at all. Its too much a rare car that this would cheapin it i think. If i were you i would invest some money in an after market clone hood and keep the original in the garge somewhere safe and the same forthe front splitter. That way you dont ever have to run into the debacle another KR owner has run into.

Thanks, I really like your vapor Shelby, I have a P51 which is vapor also! I just think the side of the shelby needs something added, perhaps I am used to the p51 look.

Thanks for the compliment. I ordered a black on black originaly but fell in love with the vapor when i saw it. I agreethat hese cars should have somthing on the side. There is something that should make them pop. But maaaannnn with a KR i really just woudnt. Too much money for a car and too much a chance that if something goes wrong with one of these parts like it flys off or something u could hurt the paint or scrath it up i just wouldnt.

that looks like a knockoff of cervinis C500 kit in the side pics, but the scoops look like less quality pieces. The last one with the girl in it is the Cervinis kit as far as i can tell. If you look at the scoops in the final pic u can see the difference between htem and yor buddies car. Love the side exhaust setup. I would do it if it wasnt for dround clearance and the fact its only 2.5 in when i want three. Sharp car all the same though

Watch out for Cervini's scoops. I had a horrible experience with them. (A few sets too) Those things don't fit right.

10345766.jpg

h11.jpg

h10x.jpg

75221529.jpg

80153939.jpg

35002134.jpg

39767580.jpg

99911557.jpg

In my opinion the only scoops to consider are the Silve Horse Racing ones that require you to have the original glass cut out and these new scoops glued back in.

I hope you have better luck than I did. I ended up tinting the windows w/ 5% and couldn't be happier. Well except when I think of all the money I lost painting those stupid Cervini's scoops. :banghead:

I put the upper and lower cervini scoops on mine and absolutely LOVED them!

I would not hesitate to do it again. I think they just make the car pop!

One thing you have to do which cervini even tells you to do, BEFORE you paint them, make sure they fit properly. If they don't sit up flush you can send them back for another set as long as you don't paint them.

They have to be prepped. Sanded, primed and painted.

One of the things we did is once we put them on we put the car inside the paint booth and turned on the heat that is used to dry the paint. Our paint guy said that heat will suck the glue from the duble sided tape nice and snug and they won't ever blow off.

I had it up to 140 a few time and over a 100 many times and never had any problems. I put about 7500 miles on the car with them on and no problems.

I never had any kind of rattle noise, but it does create some wind noise at higher speeds. Sort of like a sound you hear taking off in jet which is from the wind blowing into the scoop openings.

shelbytint004.jpg

shelbytint007.jpg

shelbytint008.jpg

shelbytint009.jpg

shelbytint021.jpg

shelbytint031.jpg

shelbytint033.jpg

shelbytint038.jpg

Mine fit like a champ when new. But park the black car in the California sun and those things turn real soft. They were dropping like flies at Fabulous fords forever car show in southern california earlier this year due to the heat. I personally saw/heard 2 of them hit the concrete. They're just big stickers, designed like sails. Even worse is the air has nowhere to go once scooped up. Again. I'd stick with the SHR ones. Or the agent 47 ones.

• 7 months later...

I wish I would have checked this thread before I bought the Cervini's scoops. I'm having the same problem as BlkGT500nCa. One side fits ok, but the other side most definitely does not. I thought I may have misaligned, but after re-installing it 4 times I decided that it just doesn't fit right. I called their customer service and the guy said to apply constant pressure overnight but I had already done that unsuccessfully (twice). I was really looking forward to cruisin' them.....what a let down.

I guess we all have a "list" of what we wish SAI had done to the KR.

Window louvers are neat but likely not put on the KR by SAI due to the fact it was a pre-title car and likely vetoed by Ford because they obstruct rearward side vision. The KR's pre-title status adds that intangible allure that the others can't match. IMHO.

Even if it didn't come with louvers.

While louvers can look neat, if it's not functional it doesn't interest me as much.

Now functional rear brake louvers from SAI would've been COOL!

It's a shame becsause those are functional.

quote name='REAL ONE' date='22 April 2010 - 12:24 PM' timestamp='1271953471' post='953125']

I guess we all have a "list" of what we wish SAI had done to the KR.

Window louvers are neat but likely not put on the KR by SAI due to the fact it was a pre-title car and likely vetoed by Ford because they obstruct rearward side vision. The KR's pre-title status adds that intangible allure that the others can't match. IMHO.

Even if it didn't come with louvers.

While louvers can look neat, if it's not functional it doesn't interest me as much.

Now functional rear brake louvers from SAI would've been COOL!

The rear window louvers shown by Shelbydude are functional??? :headscratch:

That means the rear window is removed? Thats not a mod I would make. It would have been neat if it came from Shelby that way though but again I'm sure Ford said "no way" for a number of reasons as to doing it on the KR.

I don't think even the SS rear window louvers are functional. Are they??? :headscratch:

No! The louvers I showed.

louvers1.jpg

louvers.jpg

The rear window louvers shown by Shelbydude are functional??? :headscratch:

That means the rear window is removed? Thats not a mod I would make. It would have been neat if it came from Shelby that way though but again I'm sure Ford said "no way" for a number of reasons as to doing it on the KR.

I don't think even the SS rear window louvers are functional. Are they??? :headscratch:

I think the Silverhorse louvers look the best on SGT's which imitate the '65 GT 350's. The Cervini's are not functional and are just stick-ons. A functional scoop on the KR would be awesome especially if it had the clear view from the inside like the Silverhorse louver.

Archived