TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bumper/Fender Joint Paint problem..How Widespread

War Eagle

Wait a minute, Owings Collision near the PA/MD line? Those guys are the WORST!!! They worked on my 1993 Cobra and it looked like a blind person with downs syndrome did the work. The clear coat was cracking, had over spray everywhere, orange peal everywhere, and had more fish eyes in the paint then the Gorton's Fishermen's factory. I'm shocked those clowns are still around.

If they really did a good job on your car then I'm glad their shatty work is getting better.

They were right in Upperco a few miles before Hampstead. Then moved up the road to Arcadia less then a mile from the Carroll County line. How long ago was this work done?

They have had the same core group of guys for the last four years. They've done work on my 03 Accord, 05 GT, and some other friends and family vehicles. All top notch, and I have an eye for these things.

Wait a minute, Owings Collision near the PA/MD line? Those guys are the WORST!!! They worked on my 1993 Cobra and it looked like a blind person with downs syndrome did the work. The clear coat was cracking, had over spray everywhere, orange peal everywhere, and had more fish eyes in the paint then the Gorton's Fishermen's factory. I'm shocked those clowns are still around.

If they really did a good job on your car then I'm glad their shatty work is getting better. I guess they learned that a little prep work goes a long way...

That's not very nice of you to say. I am blind with Down's Syndrome.

X2

The only way to duplicate the factory finish is to find a classic restorer and have them do the paint. They will treat your car like it was a classic Shelby and give it the attention a $50,000 car deserves unlike the dealer body shop. Dealers could care less about our satisfaction after they perform body work. Truth is, it looks good when you pick it up and then after you drive it on the highway you will start to see the paint chipping off. They spray the paint thin to save $$$. Sure any body shop will tell you they do great work cuz they want your $$$ but do some research before you decide on a body shop. Take a look at their previously painted bumpers after a few months and then make your decision.

Dont be so careless with body shop selection guys, isn't this your dream car you worked so hard to get.

LOL

Tasca is supposed to be the holy grail

It is a Shelby Mod shop after all, and this is why I say the SS's are shit because they are.

I have seen them up close and the quality is crap, at least out of Tasca

I don't even know how I am going to wash my hood anymore because I fear that my towel or mitt will catch on all the chipping paint and just pull a huge chunk of it off.

I am going to have to pay to have it done else where, but I have had bad luck at these so called classic car restorer body shops as well.

IMO, 99% of business out there suck

Does ANYONE other than War Eagle and I have this? So far it is just him, me, and the other car at my dealer. Look at the pics. This is easy to spot.

chris i never would have thought that anyone else was having this problem but low and behold im not the only one.same thing right at the fender bumper joint. i noticed mine a week after i bought mine [grabber blue with white strips],passenger side. i took mine back to the dealer and you cant even tell they worked on it :happy feet:

chris i never would have thought that anyone else was having this problem but low and behold im not the only one.same thing right at the fender bumper joint. i noticed mine a week after i bought mine [grabber blue with white strips],passenger side. i took mine back to the dealer and you cant even tell they worked on it :happy feet:

Wow, any details on how they fixed it? Color and reclear the whole panel?

Passenger side too, so strange. If a bad paint job why wouldn't the driver side ever do it?!?

That's 5 now. 4 on TS and 1 at my dealer. I showed the damage to the dealer on the other car they had. They sold it yesterday. Think they fixed it or told the customer about it? Doubt it!

Wow, any details on how they fixed it? Color and reclear the whole panel?

Passenger side too, so strange. If a bad paint job why wouldn't the driver side ever do it?!?

That's 5 now. 4 on TS and 1 at my dealer. I showed the damage to the dealer on the other car they had. They sold it yesterday. Think they fixed it or told the customer about it? Doubt it!

hey chris im gonna be honest with you i think that it happened after i bought it,let me explain .on the drivers side there is a small gap and the lower portion[bumper],does not flex or move.on the passenger side there is no gap/paint to paint and there is alot of flex or movement, which i think causes the rub while driving.does that make sense?the service man told me he used a two sided tape to bond them together.i cant see it but now it looks the same as the other side

Archived