TEAM SHELBY FORUM

MrFarmdog running for Mustang Club of America board position

Just a short note to all Mustang Club of America members that I am running for one of the national board positions and would really appreciate your vote as well as your endorsement to your local clubs and friends.

The MCA is an excellent organization and we need active board members to help shape its direction. Let me assure you that I will be VERY active and provide stable and unbiased representation for all Mustang owners!

Thanks in advance for your consideration!

Sincerely

John Farmer

HOW TO VOTE

The voting process is simple, just pull the 3X5 card out of the middle of this issue of the Mustang Times, put a check next to the people you want to fill board positions and drop it in the mail.

ABOUT ME

I have gotten to know many of you on the board over the past couple of years so hopefully my character and enthusiam will speak for itself. Here is my bio published in the Mustang Times for your review as well.

-----------------------------------------------

John_Farmer__3_.jpg

My name is John Farmer from Bartlett, TN and I respectfully request to be considered for a position on the MCA Board of Directors for the upcoming year (2010).

My passion for Mustangs started at the age of 16. My first car was a 67 GTA fastback and from that point on I was hooked! I have owned several other Mustangs throughout the years including a 70 Fastback, a 71 Mach 1 and a 72 Mach 1. My current Mustang is a 2007 Shelby GT500 convertible. Whether old or new… stock or modified… for show or go… I love them all!

I am passionate about all things Mustang and have been blessed through all the friends I have made as a result of my hobby! I am very involved in the hobby both locally and in national organizations. I am a founding member of the Mid South Mustang Club (current Vice President) and belong to SVTOA Memphis (past board member) as well as the MCA, SVTOA and Team Shelby. You can find me on various forums under the user name MrFarmdog!

The MCA is a great organization! I feel there are great things in the MCAs future and I would like to help shape that future. Not only do I have years of experience in working in clubs and other organizations, I have a background in marketing and website development, which could be very valuable to the MCA. If selected for a board position I promise to be an active and positive contributor and work in what ever capacity is needed to further the goals of the MCA.

This is our club and its future is what we make it!

John_Farmer__3_.jpg

u got my vote. i also posted it up on our mcoh web site. we have one of ours running too. Pete Swigart. he is a good guy, very talented in the art dept as is mrfarmdog :)

I figured you knew him! Thanks Sherri for your help!

my local club was notified of the MCAs intention to raise the yearly dues to $50.00.....

stop that nonsense and you have my vote........

if that goes thru, many will not renew...........many..........

The biggest way to change this is to get more members. This is one of the things I hope to aggressively pursue. We are doing a great job with our local mustang club. We started in a little over a year ago and are already approaching 100 family members! Also our club MCA participation rate is over 50%!

Another thing I hope to influence is events. I would really like to see more MCA events at the regional level so everyone has a decent chance to participate.

If there are any other things people would like addressed feel free to PM me. I am happy to consolidate the information and bring it up if I am elected.

You'll get my vote, I wonder why we can't vote online ?

I always rip out the card inserts in any magazine I get (without looking) I hope it is in the next issue as well

Good Luck

Andrew

Andrew online voting is in the plans for the future but is not available now. Also I doubt that the card will be in next months issue. No worries though. I would appreciate a referral to your local club and friends though if you have a chance.

Thanks!

Andrew online voting is in the plans for the future but is not available now. Also I doubt that the card will be in next months issue. No worries though. I would appreciate a referral to your local club and friends though if you have a chance.

Thanks!

Done !

web.jpg

Good Luck

Andrew

u got my vote. i also posted it up on our mcoh web site. we have one of ours running too. Pete Swigart. he is a good guy, very talented in the art dept as is mrfarmdog :)

Sherri, please let Pete know he has support in TN!

John

from Pete: Sherri -

Thanks so much for that note. Please pass along my thanks and let John know he has support in Texas too!

Pete

In a message dated 9/14/2009 3:27:58 P.M. Central Daylight Time, msmap@comcast.net writes:

Sherri, please let Pete know he has support in TN!

• 1 month later...
So when do we get to know the results ????

I can't find any information on the MCA website....

I just wanna make sure my vote is counted !

Thanks

Andrew

Voting ended at the end of September. If your card was postmarked by then it should be counted. I will find out when the results will be made available.

I received a call yesterday from the President of the MCA letting me know that I was selected to serve on the MCA national board this next year!

My thanks to everyone that showed support!

Regardless whether you voted for me or not I want to make myself available to understand everyone's desires or concerns. Feel free to reach out to me via PM and I will give you my direct number. The MCA is a fantastic organization and I am committed to do my part to make it even better.

Once again a sincere thank you to all!

John Farmer

Archived